It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canadian Jihadist - Interview with Vice Media (Claims attack on NY is in the plans)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Have it your way....

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

Freedom of choice.

I don't fall for the tricks.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I can tell.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It's called denying ignorance. Bread and circuses does not change, the technology does.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Only problem is you're not denying ignorance but perpetuating it. The OP's video you discount because of some twisted belief that any reporting by Vice journalists is "allowed" by the power that be as part of their agenda. You admit you don't watch vice for the same reasons. You're showing me nothing other than the stuff you do believe has been very cleverly carved out using ignorance and what's worse you believe it like some believe the bible. If you don't have the critical thinking skills to determine what's propaganda and what is truth that's fine but please don't go sideways on good journalism lumping it in with the agenda driven drivel that CNN, FOX and the like put out as it just makes you look silly!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

And you're just upset I don't believe in Vice like other people do. Big deal. Because I don't accept the showy, pioneering tools for what they claim to be.

If not believing the system makes me look silly then please, call me silly. Why waste energy on you? People who see through the facade don't fall for it and we never will.

So instead of bringing up Bible believers, trying to belittle my beliefs, claiming I have no critical thinking skills.....just for disagreeing with you, perhaps you should look in the mirror and realize you're perpetuating ignorance and facts created by TPTB.

You fall for the system, millions don't. Trying to insult me means absolutely nothing to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

And you're just upset I don't believe in Vice like other people do. Big deal. Because I don't accept the showy, pioneering tools for what they claim to be.

If not believing the system makes me look silly then please, call me silly. Why waste energy on you? People who see through the facade don't fall for it and we never will.

So instead of bringing up Bible believers, trying to belittle my beliefs, claiming I have no critical thinking skills.....just for disagreeing with you, perhaps you should look in the mirror and realize you're perpetuating ignorance and facts created by TPTB.

You fall for the system, millions don't. Trying to insult me means absolutely nothing to me.

Please explain how Vice fits into any of what you just said!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Please explain how Vice isn't funded by the system, ran by the system, and isn't part of the journalism club like everyone else?

You can believe all you want, don't be upset that there are people who disagree.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It's not that I mind you disagreeing so much but the fact that you back it up only with your opinion!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Same can be said about you. Instead of "backing it up" you just post how any detractors lack critical thinking skills.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Because you can't back up how Vice isn't owned by the system, doesn't only release info that's approved, isn't just bread and circuses like every other "journalistic" outlet today?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm willing to listen but besides your opinion and personal feelings concerning Vice, you haven't proved to me it's any different than the rest aside from it's presentation. Until then I'm focusing on more pertinent conspiracy theories.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It's called denying ignorance. Bread and circuses does not change, the technology does.

I don't care how you spin it, rejecting every source of information, while also having strong opinions about the world, is called being uninformed.

Some of these cliche's sound good, but the reason you didn't answer my last question is because that would mean admitting your cliche doesn't really apply to you. You can't answer who they are, and how you know, because that means you took in information just like the rest of us herded sheep.

I'd respect your view of trusting nothing a lot more, if you also had no opinion of the world around you, but since you do have strong opinions, that means you took in information from TPTB, cause according to your standards and logic they control everything!

I'm sorry but we do need sources of information, and while vice may not be perfect, they do present both sides in a way that more respectable than any of the major networks. While CNN and Fox bicker over Obama's approval ratings, Vice is on the ground dodging Assad's bombs with the Syrian front and interviewing actual Syrian citizens and fighters. All CNN has told me is "bad guys are mad and we are bombing them".

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

You asked me what my trusted sources are, trusted sources don't exist.

I don't care how you spin it, but rejecting the mainstream media is not rejecting every source of information.

"There's no such thing as trusted sources in this day and age.There's no such thing as trusted sources in this day and age. There's both fiction and fact in each article. It's up to the "consumer" to realize what's truly genuine.

I won't ask you what your sources are because like the rest of us, your sources are sadly not trusted."

My sources are TPTB, just like yours. However, do I buy what they tell me? No. Do I trust them? No. I see the falsities they feed us under the guise of news.

As if "on the ground during a battle" journalism hasn't been done before.

I guess thinking outside the box is too hard...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You asked me what my trusted sources are, trusted sources don't exist.

I don't care how you spin it, but rejecting the mainstream media is not rejecting every source of information.

"There's no such thing as trusted sources in this day and age.There's no such thing as trusted sources in this day and age. There's both fiction and fact in each article. It's up to the "consumer" to realize what's truly genuine.

I won't ask you what your sources are because like the rest of us, your sources are sadly not trusted."

My sources are TPTB, just like yours. However, do I buy what they tell me? No. Do I trust them? No. I see the falsities they feed us under the guise of news.

As if "on the ground during a battle" journalism hasn't been done before.

I guess thinking outside the box is too hard...

you aren't thinking out of the box, you're being dishonest in an attempt to make yourself look more "awake". You wouldn't have strong opinions of the world if you didn't believe any of it, but here you are with the rest of us sheep trying to process the information on a site dedicated to exactly that.

I respect journalists who at least attempt to bring both sides. While being on the ground is nothing new, what vice is doing is still vastly superior to CNN FOX and your favorite blogger who never leaves his basement. You rant about mainstream news (which vice isn't), but won't even help your brothers by informing them on your superior sources, because doing so is sheepish.

This trust no one view can only be held by someone who doesn't trust his own ability to think critically. I'll take in all information and filter it through my own mind. I'm done wasting my time though, go ahead and believe nothing.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

And you can believe whatever you want. The question was answered and your tactics are very old. As dated as the humor of Rowan Atkinson.

Have a wonderful day and a wonderful time at the edge of your seat while you tune into Vice

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There is an article in Canadian press about this video and the guy who is talking there

www.calgarysun.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

There's no such thing as trusted sources in this day and age. There's both fiction and fact in each article. It's up to the "consumer" to realize what's truly genuine.

I won't ask you what your sources are because like the rest of us, your sources are sadly not trusted.

I agree they serve TPTB or they wouldn't even have lifted off. And its obvious, Katy Perry's song, ice bucket challenge, cia links.

Also bombing buildings that appeared to have been vacated.

Whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Despite this, people have to be cautious, the murder sprees are for real, the subjegation of the women in areas where they were freer than most Islamic regions, such as the city of Raqqa, is for real. It has to be stopped and Serve and Protect the citizens (of the world, anywhere they live), from ruthless dominating freaks, has to be accomplished.

By the way, that we have extremist youths in our country, not nice. I think everyone needs to be cautious.
edit on 28-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not believing that this guy could be correct in his assumptions, for what ever reason, makes it more likely for such a scenario to be possible.

This could be misleading propaganda used to inspire more fear, from either side, but what if the things he is saying is actually true? Any way you cut it, the threats were made and I'm sure that the alphabet guys are on it, but how they will use that info is another question entirely.

Empty threats to inspire fear in the population, real threats, or an excuse for a false flag event, any way you cut it, a threat is a threat. If this guy would have directly threatened the president in some way, I'm sure he would be taken seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join