It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone offer an explanation for some very strange incidents ofver the past few years?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I would like to say before I start that I would not expect anyone to belive the incident that I am about to describe.

I would also like to say that I am looking for an explanation to how it could have happened and any explanation now matter how far fetched will be appriciated. I will try to keep it brief and answer any questions if there are any afterwards.

The first Incident i will recount happened about 6 months ago although it is not the first one I can not explain.

A close freind has become ill and has been struggling to keep up with his finances. We had helped him out on a small scale a few times in the past so it was no suprise when my partner mentioned he was £50 short of his mortgage payment due the following day and could we lend him the money until the following week.

£50 was not a problem so I said that was fine and I would transfer it to him later in the evening.

A couple of hours later we had a frantic visist from the friend saying that he was wrong and actually £350 short and due to previous problems with the mortgage company they would reposses his house if the payment was not made in full.

I did not have £350 to lend him and did not have enough time to raise it due to bieng at work the following day.

I felt very badly for my friend and had a lot of trouble falling to sleep that night as I kept thinking that there was no physical way I could get him the money in time over and over again.

Eventually I dropped off but awoke a few hours later with a start. It had occured to me that if there was no physical way I could help him maybe there was another way to solve the problem.

The next morning I was walking out of the door when the postman almost bumped into me with a start as I do not normally see him that early.

He handed me a brown envolope I immidiatley recognised as bieng from the tax man, I took it with a groan as I had failed to return my taxes for the previous year and figured I was in trouble.

It will not come as much of a suprise to you that when I opened the envolope to see it was a tax REBATE!

Thats a pretty well timed coincidence and I would not argue that point but I have to ask when does a coincidence become too far fetched to be true.

The problem was not solved for 2 reasons, firstly at the time I did not have a bank account and no way of banking the check unless I could get into town and secondly even if I could have cashed the check I was working from 7am to 7 pm in a rural area and was behind on a job so there was no way my boss could have let me leave early as he was driving.

When I got to work my boss told me that there was a change of plan as he had recived a cheque through the post and needed to be back in town before 3pm to cash it so we would be working a short day.

I managed to get to the cash chequing shop and after an annoying 8% fee I took exactly 352.35. I then went to my friends bank, deposited the £350 went to the pub next door and rang him to say he could make the payment and ordered a pint of bitter. The pint of bitter cost £2.35p

I would say that this was an amazing feat of random coincidences all coming together at a time of crisis but this is not the only time things this lucky have happened so pricicley at exactly the right time.

Thanks for reading and I anticipate any thoughts!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
seems karma paid you a visit.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Okay, some will say miraculous.

Here goes my take.

Maybe the reward was for not loaning the money out, originally?

The exact amount.

£50 was not a problem so I said that was fine and I would transfer it to him later in the evening.

A couple of hours later we had a frantic visits from the friend saying that he was wrong and actually £350 short and due to previous problems with the mortgage company they would reposses his house if the payment was not made in full.

How do you know he'll pay you back when he can't pay his mortgage? Good money chasing bad, imo.

Remains to be seen, but a flag went up for me when he first asked for a little, then a lot more.

Just saying, from personal experience I recall that behavior being most associated with drug addiction, not mortgages.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Okay, some will say miraculous.

Here goes my take.

Maybe the reward was for not loaning the money out, originally?

The exact amount.

A couple of hours later we had a frantic visits from the friend saying that he was wrong and actually £350 short and due to previous problems with the mortgage company they would reposses his house if the payment was not made in full.

How do you know he'll pay you back when he can't pay his mortgage? Good money chasing bad, imo.

Remains to be seen, but a flag went up for me when he first asked for a little, then a lot more.

Just saying, from personal experience I recall that behavior being most associated with drug addiction, not mortgages.

He's a good friend, fallen on hard times, Life threatening ilness, wife left him because of it and always looked after me and others when he could.

We had an argument about it because as far as I was concerened the money was never mine, I was not due a tax rebate and therefore never had the money in the first place. I told him it was a gift but he refused to accept it as anything than a loan and felt very ashamed at having to take it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Interesting story. I have no explaination. Definitely a timely and beneficial confluence of incidents. Notice I didn't use the term coincidence. Call it luck, faith, or destiny. Everything that happens to is predetermined.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I totally believe you...

Life has a funny way of just working out.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I totally believe you...

Life has a funny way of just working out.

I agree the thing is that as I said this kind of thing often happens with me to the point where those that no me are always a little wary but also dont act suprided when it happens any more but refuse to discuss it with me and kind of glaze over and change the subject!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Similar thing happened to me a few years back, i had not long lost a previous job and was totally skint watching deal or no deal one day when i thought to myself "I would seriously just accept a grand right now if i were on this show". 5 mins later the post arrived and bingo, i had a tax rebate for just over a grand.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I was just offering my opinion, based on my experience. Thats what the imo and remains to be seen were for, because I don't know your friend, just bouncing off your take on behavior.

Heres another flag. He said his wife left him because of this life threatening illness?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I was just offering my opinion, based on my experience. Thats what the imo and remains to be seen were for, because I don't know your friend, just bouncing off your take on behavior.

Heres another flag. He said his wife left him because of this life threatening illness?

I understand your wariness and thank you for it. I'm a pretty good judge of charecter and have been burned a few times before as I imagine we all have.

He paid me back and has not had to borrow anymore cash from anyone other than the odd tenner in the pub to save using his debit card.

He leant me his car for a year once so it's definatley a 2 way thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: liverlad
Similar thing happened to me a few years back, i had not long lost a previous job and was totally skint watching deal or no deal one day when i thought to myself "I would seriously just accept a grand right now if i were on this show". 5 mins later the post arrived and bingo, i had a tax rebate for just over a grand.

Can I ask if you needed the money or just wanted it?

Did the £1000 put you back on the right track or did it just come in handy?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Don't have any answer to you but wanted to say I believe you. I know that some could say strong emotions can attract positively and negatively. Not sure if that stuff is real, I just know from experience...there may be some truth to it in theory. Others, probably would have more info on such a topic.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I have heard of this sort of good fortune before - perhaps it has to do with your unselfish intentions...'Intention' can be a powerful thing...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
seems karma paid you a visit.

Exactly what I was gonna say. This is how karma works.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

He paid me back and has not had to borrow anymore cash from anyone other than the odd tenner in the pub to save using his debit card.

He leant me his car for a year once so it's definatley a 2 way thing.

Okay, thats more clear. I apologize for being judgmental about your friend.

One day I was broke sitting in my car without a hope of getting through the weekend to making money on Monday. Something kept bugging me to jsuut start up the engine and drive and I kept resisting for the longest time.

Finally I gave in and rolled fifty feet forward when… something that looked like money blew by right in front of my view on the ground. I jumped out and chased it down and discovered it was a ten dollar bill. Back then it was all I needed to buy gas and food to last me through to Monday.

In my view these things happen, denoting a watchful presence at times that takes care of our needs. Not our desires, our needs. Call it what we will…

The birds and lillys toil not, neither do they reap or sow. Yet they are taken care of, how much more important are we?

(paraphrased)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
On a smaller scale I once had to walk 5 miles to buy cigarettes because I had not thought ahead. When I got to the shop it was shut and I had to walk another 4 miles making an 18 mile round trip.

I was just about to have a full blown temper tantrum and kick things when I suddenly thought "calm down, it's not the end of the world, walk over to that tree and sit down and compose yourself. Then walk to the shop and enjoy the peace" I calmly walked to the tree, sat down and without questioning it I picked up a nearly full pack of marlbro's of of the floor smoked one smiling and walked home.

edit on 92014906pAmerica/Chicago2014-09-26T13:42:06-05:0042f42 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I dunno who or whatyou are.....But I have an idea you may be somewhat precognitive......
Other explanations...you are in tune with the ether......
Somebody up there likes you.....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I dunno who or whatyou are.....But I have an idea you may be somewhat precognitive......
Other explanations...you are in tune with the ether......
Somebody up there likes you.....

I do have a knack for predicting the future, those that know me often ask my advice and some even belive I have a "gift" as far as thats concerned It's just a matter of thinking a situation through fully and running through all the possibilites then figuring out the most likley outcome.

I have a couple of theories about this kind of thind but I will keep them to myself for now and see what anyone else might think.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A few people have mentioned Karma and I like the idea of karma but is no basis in anything other than belief.

I am not saying I do not belive in karma, just that I would like to have some sort of tangible evidence of its existence.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe that God gives us what we need when we need it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join