It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Year Cycle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Ancient cultures around the world believed that consciousness and history move in a vast cycle of time with alternating Dark and Golden Ages - Plato called it the Great Year. Today we know it as one "precession of the equinox," an obscure astronomical motion, and most consider the Golden Age to be just a myth. But are we correct? An increasing amount of scientific evidence suggests that long before the Dark Ages, mankind had a deep understanding of astronomy, mathematics, holistic healing, and a profound ability to live in tune with nature." - See more at: www.ancient-origins.net...

Pretty interesting theory. In the fence if I believe it but it's a great read. I can see it explaining several things throughout our history no doubt if true.

Article

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

Very nice reading, thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'll add it to my vocabulary. No more "have a good day."
From now on, it's "Have a Great Year."

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for sharing.
There's a few ancient cultures that believed in great astronomical cycles, of which our Sun and Moon based calendars are only a tiny fraction of the whole bigger picture.
The Mayan Calendar and the Hinduist Yugas come to mind.
It makes sense to me, everything in Nature is cyclical, as above so below, from the infinately small to the infinately large, like an infinite fractal.
Why should it stop at the Solar system level?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Right you are OP. And we are just existing the dark age of Kali Yuga, but with any change their will be disruptions, the severity of the disruptions are in exact proportion to humanity ability to change and growth. We can as with the growth process on a personally level make it either more or less difficult on ourselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

SnF interesting share Jenisiz
Could this also be associated with the Age of Aquarius we are said to be coming into why exiting the age of Pisces

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

SnF interesting share Jenisiz
Could this also be associated with the Age of Aquarius we are said to be coming into why exiting the age of Pisces

NAMASTE*******

Not Jenisiz, but yes there is a correlation between the different methods of tracking the remembering and the forgetting. Which translates into spiritual awareness. The dark age according to the Sanskrit writing ended in the 1800's while the age of Aquarius doesn't start until late in this century. The progression through the equinox is approximately the length of the Grand cycle, progressing from the golden age to the dark age and the return to the golden age.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rken2

Thanks rken2 for the information share

NAMASTE*******

top topics

join