It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany May Legalize Incest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not much to say, other than WTF? Germany, please pull it together and don't allow this to pass.... Surprised the topic of incest is even being discussed seriously like this... Can anyone from Germany please lend some greater clarity to this topic?

Germany is a step closer to legalizing incest after an advisory board to the Germany government called for a revision of the country's incest law, which criminalizes sex between siblings, NBC News reported. The 26-member German Ethics Council moved to decriminalize incest after a controversial case, in which a man served more than three years in prison for having a relationship with his sister. “The majority of the German Ethics Council believes that it is not appropriate for a criminal law to preserve a social taboo,” Dr. Michael Wunder, a psychotherapist and member of the council, told NBC News. German lawmakers expressed concern over the recommendation, saying it would send the wrong message.

NBC

Mods- I ran a search, didn't see it posted. Please delete if I missed it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
'MURICA.
NO WAIT.
'ERMANY

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The majority of the German Ethics Council believes that it is not appropriate for a criminal law to preserve a social taboo

I agree with their logic, but ewwww....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

The majority of the German Ethics Council believes that it is not appropriate for a criminal law to preserve a social taboo

There logic will sound reasonable as the world continues on its fast pace to where we are all headed small step by small step.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I understand the logic behind it, but I just can't be okay with it... I equate two siblings going at it to a person who enjoys banging dead people... hahahaha.... There's nearly 8 billion people on this planet, no need to shack up with blood, plenty of options out there...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am all for any government that is going to legitimize our buggie friends.

*Psh wshwy ambany*

OH. Incest. Not insects. Damn, that's just wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
I equate two siblings going at it to a person who enjoys banging dead people...

I guess I rate perversions on a sliding scale rather than grouping them together.

But ya, ewwwww...

edit on 25-9-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Game of Thrones would beg to differ. Either way what people do behind closed doors is none of the governments business. I have to agree with them on that.

Granted incest is messed up. Im not saying I condone it. I just say whatever floats your boat.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

NO NO NO! Incest also describes uncle-niece, father-daughter, maybe little boys too, so once that taboo and probably criminal acts are decriminalized, then it will be open season on all innocent children. They and we must not allow it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Do they know about the effects of incest?, I thought the Germans were an efficient type of human beings, now they want to dumb themselves down through incest?

Such a misguided nation.
edit on 31-07-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

link   

What two consenting adults do is their business. If you have issues with incest between adults, focus on family issues involving children. Most incestuous relationships happen as a result of inappropriate sexual behaviors when young. Going after the people after they are adults serves no useful purpose and in no way addresses the underlying causes of why people engage in incest as adults.

From website pandys.org:

It is estimated that approximately 15% of all people report some kind of sexual activity with a sibling in childhood. More specifically, studies have shown that between 2% (Leder, 1991) and 4% (Finkelhor, 1999) of people have been sexually victimized by a sibling as the sexual contact involved some degree of forced or coercive activity.

And this:

One particular problem of sibling abuse, particularly where the abuse has been nurturance – orientated, is that as the child turns into an adult, they may have particular difficulty in separating from the abuser (Cicirelli, 1995) as a kind of dependence and attachment as formed. Particularly when it comes to forming romantic relationships with others, this attachment can feel very strong, and some have reported feeling like they are being disloyal or even cheating on their abusing sibling when they are attracted to someone else (Meiselman, 1978).

To address consentual adult incest, you'd need to focus on the childhood issues that cause it. For most people, you have a sibling relationship where you have zero desire to have that kind of relationship with them. Even if they are good looking there is a natural disconnection where you just don't want to go there. Some people have childhoods where something is dysfunctional and the children form relationships with each other that incorporate sexuality into the equation. This could be physical, mental, or some other type of abuse. Sexuality, especially in children serves as a stress relief at times and because they are young, they may not understand what is happening. Mix that with the other behaviors of siblings and it can quickly develop into a very convoluted relationship that later transfers into adulthood.

Throwing them in jail once adults is not useful and just creates more felons.

link   
Zoophilia is next on the list.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

What two consenting adults do is their business. If you have issues with incest between adults, focus on family issues involving children.

I've got a sister that 9 years younger. I don't want to sleep with her. I'd like to slap her around a bit. We just don't get along. Trust me. She feels the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
I equate two siblings going at it to a person who enjoys banging dead people...

I guess I rate perversions on a sliding scale rather than grouping them together.

But ya, ewwwww...

Yea, when I read the headline on NBC I had to do a quick double take... I was like "wait... what?"....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Did I heard a toilet flush? That is so gross. This will open the doors to pedophiles and creepy in-laws. How sad for the children and young adults. What a huge step backwards in humanity.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smcneil01
Did I heard a toilet flush? That is so gross. This will open the doors to pedophiles and creepy in-laws. How sad for the children and young adults. What a huge step backwards in humanity.

We have it quarantined to Germany... Hopefully, it doesn't break out to the rest of the EU... I'm sure creeps like Woody Allen are considering moving to Germany pronto if this passes... haha
edit on 25-9-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

NO NO NO! Incest also describes uncle-niece, father-daughter, maybe little boys too, so once that taboo and probably criminal acts are decriminalized, then it will be open season on all innocent children. They and we must not allow it.

Allow pedophilia??!?! There are different laws on the books that make that illegal.

(Slippery Slope Fallacy - Wikipedia)

edit on 25-9-2014 by Elton because: I was wrong - more than one person thinks this...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Can't wait to see people being accused of incestphobia. Just imagine if that was made a crime...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well... Of all the places I would never have thought to do something so utterly foolish, Germany was the least likely to make a change such as this. I hope they do not actually go ahead and change the law to allow incest, since that would be perhaps the stupidest choice ever made.

The possible implications are just horrific, and it will make various crimes harder to prosecute, will make it easier for inter familial sexual predators to argue their innocence despite their guilt.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Two consenting adults should be able to do whatever the F they want to do....

There is no valid argument against it, and incest laws make no sense. Your morality is not mine and visa versa.

My personal opinions on the topic of incest itself..is irrelevant. eww, but whatever..I feel the same for gay man sex, and some of the more bizarre fetishes..my morality should not determine who can have sex

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join