It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dissolution of the United States as a Superpower

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Some of you fail to realize what has been the driving force behind our supremacy..... Nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy
Some of you fail to realize what has been the driving force behind our supremacy..... Nuclear weapons.

that's right... Nuclear Non Proliferation.

I'd say it is the core of our foreign policy, everything revolves around it...

but it's not just USA.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

WHO rankings

Care to explain the above?

And dont cry EU or liberal media as the WHO is about a factual as you can get.

Yes I can read the fine print...

"Based on expenditures"

yup Costa Rica beat USA! a place with mud huts and sewage which is thrown out the back into the communal creek.

NOTE: The rankings are based on an index of five factors — health, health equality, responsiveness, responsiveness equality, and fair financial contribution. As noted above, all data is from 2000 or earlier and these findings have been questioned.

can you spot where to go to get a Bypass or Transplant?

Looking up up the original article on the WHO website gets you this info...healthcare Systems means who they had to dish money out of the till to the least.
edit on 12-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

I would need to add our military is about the best in the world ....

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That fails to address the superior healthcare systems in Singapore and hongkong.

You just deflected as you are ignorant of them like you are of the outside world.

I love when people post stuff like this....

You do know that America has CITIES with greater population than both those places, don't you? You do know that Singapore is ranked 12th most expensive place to live in the world and Hong Kong is ranked 7th...

These is a big difference in providing healthcare in the 7th most expensive place to live with a workforce of over 50% of the population to fuel all of that? A population 50X smaller than the US...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Opinions on others nay of course change. For otgers the USA may be the best place. But that is there natural prefrence.

The delevloped world come in many diffrent flavours, the USA is just one.

I'm not screaming american exceptional-ism here I'm just expressing that you can not beat the choices that america offers to what you can afford.

I guess it comes down to what is it that makes quality of life for you? What is it that you look for when you think about a place to live? As I said I have lived all over and spent time in over 70 countries, I even spent a good amount of time in your dream location, Christchurch, so I'm not lacking comparisons.

One thing to remember is America is like 50 different countries, and each one offers good or bad lifestyles. It amazes me that so many here try and compare a country to America when that country doesn't even come close to one state or in many case a single city...

If you want to compare choices and quality in food, living, freedom, vacations, transportation, education, medical, cars, boats, fishing, camping, beer (60 micro brews on tap at my local beer stop), weather, wine, booze, cigars, gyms, internet (T3+), houses, land, raising your own crops, cattle, fish, restaurants, forests, beaches, mountains, mountain bike riding, God Damn toilet paper...hell even fireworks...I got it all, and I yet to beat any of it except for some places that I just like to visit, but to live there...naw, too many other negatives...

This is from a person that lived in Paris for 6 years, Soul Korea 2 years, Tokyo 5 years, and as I said I spent months and months in over 70 countries each... Ya I'm pushing 60...

So as I said I guess it comes down to what is it that you see as quality of life...

edit on 13-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19108160]crazyewok

don't make me melt your keyboard with my brain ray!

edit on 13-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm not screaming american exceptional-ism here I'm just expressing that you can not beat the choices that america offers to what you can afford.

I'll scream it all day long...

People who want government to control their healthcare are totally insane if you ask me.

Most governments can't fix a pothole in the road in a timely fashion!

State controlled healthcare is all about money... they're going to be taking a hell of a lot more in than they will be dishing out. And they are gong to screw it up just like they screw up Medicare and Social Security.

Maybe this is the governmental plan two fix the two broken systems already in place?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm starting to think that maybe he is trolling us. There is no way someone could be SO deluded in history in regards to American and British relations and continues to remain so despite evidence presented to him saying he is wrong. His most recent claim that Britain is a dying country is all sorts of bizarre and not founded in any sort of reality. His blind American patriotism and exceptionalism on the other hand is rather believable.

Just remember 50% will always be on the left side of the curve

My American friends would laugh at some of the stuff spouted on here. USA is a cool place with some great people. But you will still get idiots.

Heh. I've pointed that out before on these forums as well. Good point!

Anyway back on topic.
USA will have at least 2 century's left in it as a super power.

It end will likely come not from military conquest but economic and/or societal collapse.

I agree since that is the fate of just about all empires. What should be noted is that America as a country won't go away. We'll still exist, we just won't be the number one military in the world anymore. This of course is really the only thing America is exceptional at. Everything else people claim is just baseless cheerleading and a lie.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

I'm starting to think that maybe he is trolling us. There is no way someone could be SO deluded in history in regards to American and British relations and continues to remain so despite evidence presented to him saying he is wrong. His most recent claim that Britain is a dying country is all sorts of bizarre and not founded in any sort of reality. His blind American patriotism and exceptionalism on the other hand is rather believable.

My American friends would laugh at some of the stuff spouted on here. USA is a cool place with some great people. But you will still get idiots.

Anyway back on topic.

It end will likely come not from military conquest but economic and/or societal collapse.

164 Mensa Official ... Stanford SB5 (158)

and that was like 6yrs ago...

so don't make me melt your keyboard!

And I'm Kobe Bryant. See we can be anything on the internet. It's your words that betray you though.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I suck at math, I was sure to take the shapes and patterns and (what number doesn't belong here type tests)

Start Here
www.mensa.org...

edit on 13-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Is your ego satisfied now? I still don't believe anything you say here going by our past conversation and your terrible grasp of history and now your admitted fault at math.

By the way, I took the quiz you linked. I ran out of time with 6 questions unanswered but still scored a 76%. It wasn't that hard and if I tried a little harder, I'd probably get a much better score. Heck the math got no harder than Algebra 1 and solving a basic system of equations. I solved most of those problems in my head. There was a question that asked me to find a value in a set of number that turned out to be the Fibonacci Sequence which I thought was clever. Naturally I recognized that immediately though.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

Anyway back on topic.

164 Mensa Official ... Stanford SB5 (158)

and that was like 6yrs ago...

so don't make me melt your keyboard!

And I'm Kobe Bryant. See we can be anything on the internet. It's your words that betray you though.

Funny how everyone is a genius online? Always IQ 150+ hehe

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Two things are useless to present in an online discussion, your IQ and your education level. Both can be determined by talking to you and both can easily be lied about to make you look better than you are.

ETA: To add some personal anecdotal evidence of my own. Most of the people who claim to be geniuses or have high education levels tend to prove themselves liars with their words. Meanwhile, the truly smart people understand that bragging about your credentials is a waste of time and present their intelligence through their words and reasoning. I won't ever claim to be super intelligent, but I certainly strive to post like someone who is. Yes, I make errors here and there, but I try to acknowledge them and apologize when I say factually incorrect stuff. I try to back my claims up with links to smarter people than I am to corroborate my claims and I try to learn both sides of an argument before arguing it. I also know when to shutup and listen and when to voice my input. I spent most of my time in 2012 (year I joined) just reading threads, getting acquainted with the source material before discussing the content.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Opinions on others nay of course change. For otgers the USA may be the best place. But that is there natural prefrence.

The delevloped world come in many diffrent flavours, the USA is just one.

I guess it comes down to what is it that makes quality of life for you? What is it that you look for when you think about a place to live? As I said I have lived all over and spent time in over 70 countries, I even spent a good amount of time in your dream location, Christchurch, so I'm not lacking comparisons.

One thing to remember is America is like 50 different countries, and each one offers good or bad lifestyles. It amazes me that so many here try and compare a country to America when that country doesn't even come close to one state or in many case a single city...

If you want to compare choices and quality in food, living, freedom, vacations, transportation, education, medical, cars, boats, fishing, camping, beer (60 micro brews on tap at my local beer stop), weather, wine, booze, cigars, gyms, internet (T3+), houses, land, raising your own crops, cattle, fish, restaurants, forests, beaches, mountains, mountain bike riding, God Damn toilet paper...hell even fireworks...I got it all, and I yet to beat any of it except for some places that I just like to visit, but to live there...naw, too many other negatives...

This is from a person that lived in Paris for 6 years, Soul Korea 2 years, Tokyo 5 years, and as I said I spent months and months in over 70 countries each... Ya I'm pushing 60...

So as I said I guess it comes down to what is it that you see as quality of life...

Never liked Paris myself. Cant speak for Korea and I can see Tokya as a place not for everyone.

I understand you have 50 stares all diffrent.
I have only seen New York, Illinois and Florida. Hated new york, and the other two were nice but no amazing. Will get to see North California in summer so will see what I make of that.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I had a Psychology instructor once who said "An IQ is only what an IQ Test tests for." In other words, high IQ means someone raised in the right culture with abundant access to Social Media, can test out brilliant. So what? "Isolated IQ" means nothing in the Real World, where experience and hard work get things done.

people.howstuffworks.com...
WHAT EXACTLY IS MENSA? HOW SMART DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO JOIN?

www.washingtonian.com...
MY YEAR IN MENSA

www.psmag.com...
I FAILED A MENSA TEST - TWICE

www.stonekettle.com...
MENSA

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Never liked Paris myself. Cant speak for Korea and I can see Tokya as a place not for everyone.

I understand you have 50 stares all diffrent.
I have only seen New York, Illinois and Florida. Hated new york, and the other two were nice but no amazing. Will get to see North California in summer so will see what I make of that.

I don't like the east coast, nice place to visit, but I would not live there. There are good places in FL, I also like parts of Texas, Arizona, Oregon, Washington. Right now I live near Portland, great place but I think as I retire I'll head to warmer dryer spots to live. I would stay away from Ferguson...hehe

Tokyo was fun, but the packed lifestyle would be tiring on me after a few years. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't better to live 1 year in different locations... That is something I'm thinking about with my wife when we are not tied down to a job.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Stop calling usans Americans. People in Peru also Americans.

Usans, once dollar hegemony ends you will have to work to prove your ambitions. Hardly it is going to happen once USD is ditched. Then you learn what it is like to be equal.

Prove that you are above once safety net is removed without nuking the planet.

DO

edit on 15-3-2015 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: MKMoniker

The US is the foremost superpower by simple virtue of the fact that we have so many coming here from around the world and hundreds of hands extending to us asking for help.

America has a history of buying friends and then stabbing them in the back with a bunker buster as it suits their needs. The US dollar being the world reserve currency and petro-dollar for so long has everything to do with the hand outs and desire to come to America. I already touched on the astrological aspects the USA is facing.

The true fall of any civilization or country comes from economic disparity/income inequality. With the drastic increase in income inequality in the USA with a large portion of wealth being shoved into the pockets of the 1% there will be issues that America faces in the coming years. With a stock market crash(es) coming this fall and over the next 2-3 years, there may not be much people can do.

A fun read from Forbes, Sept 2014 - Business Leaders Worry About Income Inequality and Revolution

We have a recipe for disaster:
1. Stagnant wages
2. Increased productivity
3. CEOs/Executives pay increases

It basically means the rich are greedy ashholes that believe they have more right to the benefits of the productivity of their workers than the workers themselves. Add to that the USA is exporting jobs for cheaper because CEOs/Execs want to pocket more money rather than pay US workers more, as well as potentially avoiding US taxes, US environmental regulations, etc. and we are in trouble.

Given that we are also witnessing how corporations are in bed with the government to rake in money as well as spy on citizens and use us and our information as they wish. Yeah, it's going to be all roses in America in the coming years.

Yeah, if we had capitalism it might work. Since we don't have capitalism (we have fascism or Corporatism - merger of state and corporate power, according to Mussolini) nor do we have a democracy (we have a constitutional Republic, that's been hijacked).

And like stosh64pointed out in an earlier post, the USA is most likely in the 7th stage of the life cycle - decline and collapse. Most Americans are living off the greatness the USA built in the Industrial Revolution as well as the manufacturing and economic boom during and after WWII.

But I suppose I should just defer to Will McAvoy (HBO's Newsroom) on this issue, the USA sure use to be (great):
Link provided because none of the Uploaders want to allow embedding... YT Link

While fictitious in terms of the show, most of the statistics are correct and only one is off - infant mortality. However, the rest are spot on. The correct rank for infant mortality for 2010 was closer to 46, still not very good for a "super power" and "the greatest country in the world." However, I'm sure troll debaters will do their best to pick it apart.

But America and many Americans, as stated in the above clip, continue to beat our chests.
edit on 17-3-2015 by WCmutant because: Finding a clip that works... because embedding

edit on 17-3-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

I agree with much of what you have to say. And Team Obama is a trainwreck that just keeps giving and giving.

Napolitano quit Homeland Security. She went to work as the President of the Univ. California system. Since then:

~ She first went into Mexico to recruit student for UC Riverside.
~ She then gave generous raises to all the UC presidents.
~ Then she raised tuition.
~ And now she's trying to put caps on enrollment.

This is what gets me about Team Obama: No direction, no logic, no long-terms plans or policies. They just bounce from one idea to the next, shooting off their mouths, and continually contradicting themselves. Their favorite book of advice must be "Everything I Needed to Know, I learned in Kindergarten." (I guess they didn't "get" the part that it was a HUMOR book ...)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join