It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel shoots down Syrian fighter jet that infiltrated air space..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Welcome to the "coalition" Israel.

An Israeli Patriot missile battery has shot down a Syrian fighter jet that infiltrated half a mile into airspace controlled by Israel over the Golan Heights on Tuesday morning.

Video footage of the first such downing by Israel of a Syrian jet since 1982 showed two burning sections of the plane falling to the ground and then the parachutes of the pilot and navigator who ejected moments before impact.

Syria immediately condemned the downing of the jet, with state television describing it as an “act of aggression” and linking it to US-led air strikes against Islamic State (Isis) forces in Syria that had occurred earlier.

The jet entered Israeli-controlled airspace a few minutes before 9am and was flying at between 10,000 and 14,000 feet when it was engaged.

An Israeli military source said a “Syrian aircraft infiltrated into Israeli airspace [and was] intercepted in mid-flight, using the Patriot air defence system”.

I believe this whole ISIS thing is just an excuse to topple Assad personally. Question is why Syria had fighter jets operating during Us led airstrikes? And why would they be flying into Israeli airspace? This could get big real fast.www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

They said they believed it had strayed into Israeli-controlled airspace while fully armed on a mission to bomb anti-government groups on the other side of the border.

Here is an explanation WHY the jet had strayed into Israeli airspace. Is this really the BEST time for them to be conducting "anti-government groups"? Also, WHO were these "anti-government groups"?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I believe its a lie that plane was ever in Israeli airspace. They are attacking Assad. They are there attacking a sovergn government of Syria and using ISIS as their excuse.

How.... just how in the Name of All that is Holy can ANYONE in their right mind think this is okay?

HOW????????????

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

anti-government groups ARE ISIS and al-Qaeda! Those are the anti-government groups!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I believe its a lie that plane was ever in Israeli airspace. They are attacking Assad. They are there attacking a sovergn government of Syria and using ISIS as their excuse.

How.... just how in the Name of All that is Holy can ANYONE in their right mind think this is okay?

HOW????????????

I'm sure the plane was being piloted by innocent children from Palestine to..

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

HOW????????????

I totally agree. ISIS is just a front to topple the Syrian regime, it totally is. I posted in another thread yesterday, how Obama threatened to do just that IF Assad were to order the shooting of US planes during the airstrikes against "ISIS".

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

HOW????????????

US President Barack Obama has threatened to wipe out Syria’s air defense system and topple the Syrian government if President Bashar al-Assad ordered his forces to shoot American planes entering Syrian airspace.

He made the remarks during a meeting in the White House before his speech about Washington’s strategy about the ISIL terrorist group, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

Obama ordered the US military on Wednesday to expand its bombing campaign against ISIL terrorists and launch airstrikes in Syria.
www.presstv.ir...

Here is the post I am speaking of.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This is so messed up and I'm back to crying...

Syria was a wonderful country, freedom to practice any religion you wanted, you were safe to walk down the street. People fled Iraq war from time to time to have peaceful time in Syria, they were a refuge for everyone, in so many ways.

Yes, it was under penalty of death to belong to groups like al-qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood who were angry about the religious freedom...

But .... goddamn it... it was safe.

Now they not only sicked ISIS on the innocent people... they are bombing everyone too and making sure freedom or safety will never be seen there again.

I cannot believe how messed up this is. I don't understand why people think this is okay in any book.
edit on 23-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

HOW????????????

I surely welcome you to bring forward some sort of evidence that the fully loaded fighter jet was NOT in Israeli airspace....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Who exactly thinks it is ok?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Commenting on the incident, Defence Minister Moshe Ya’alon, said that the Syrian warplane had “approached Israeli territory in the Golan Heights in a threatening manner, and even crossed the border.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the warplane had been bombing areas outside Quneitra, a Syrian town near the Israeli-held side of the frontier, at the time it was shot down.

The decision to down the aircraft was taken after it had spent 1 minute and 20 seconds in Israeli airspace.

Israeli are cowards on the piggyback of the US... they are like vultures waiting for the corpse.

edit on 23/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is probably just a gypsies warning from Israel....... Things are getting meesy around here, just leave us out of it Assad

Israel is totally surrounded by a region in flames. It is trigger happy at the best of times, right now it will be tearing on the leash at any effect on its existence, plus using the Arab turmoil to its absolute advantage.

Expecting an invasion of South lebanon any moment, like many Israelis on the net btw

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Thats a minute and twenty seconds too long. Any infiltrator into Israeli airspace knows full well it's going to be a death sentence.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

Commenting on the incident, Defence Minister Moshe Ya’alon, said that the Syrian warplane had “approached Israeli territory in the Golan Heights in a threatening manner, and even crossed the border.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the warplane had been bombing areas outside Quneitra, a Syrian town near the Israeli-held side of the frontier, at the time it was shot down.

The decision to down the aircraft was taken after it had spent 1 minute and 20 seconds in Israeli airspace.

Israeli are cowards on the piggyback of the US... they are like vultures waiting for the corpse.

Cowards? For defending themselves against an armed Syrian jet fighter that spent 1:20 seconds in Israeli airspace? That is not cowardice, but on guard and ready to defend your country. I may not ALWAYS agree with Israel and their decisions, but I will surely make a case for them here...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

yeah, right!! while they are being bombard from west and east by American warships, they actualy planned to start a war with israel... come on!!
naive of me...
cowards and vultures!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

yeah, right!! while they are being bombard from west and east by American warships, they actualy planned to start a war with israel... come on!!
naive of me...
cowards and vultures!!!

I fail to understand where you are coming from here? YOU posted the link saying that the jet was in Israeli airspace for 1:20 seconds! Are you telling me that it was NOT ok to take action on the part of Israel?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

oh! look at what I found:

Israeli General Ram Shmuli (Res.) said: “We cannot tolerate any penetration of the Israeli airspace, so we had to shoot him down even though we understand that his intention was not to attack us.

source

and btw, the Israel claimed Syria’s fighter jet penetrated about half a mile into its territory.

you see... even the Israelis know there was no intention to attack... ho.. my..

EDIT:
So by your premisses the sovereign state of Syria has the right to attack US ?[

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Israeli General Ram Shmuli (Res.) said: “We cannot tolerate any penetration of the Israeli airspace, so we had to shoot him down even though we understand that his intention was not to attack us.

source

and btw, the Israel claimed Syria’s fighter jet penetrated about half a mile into its territory.

EDIT:

Does not matter. I tell you what, someone comes flying into my countries airspace, I am DEFINITELY shooting them down, every time! "We cannot tolerate ANY penetration of the Israeli airspace".....enough said.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

source

EDIT:

Also, you must understand HOW and WHAT he is saying exactly. He was saying that AFTER the fact, NOW they understand there was no threat, however, at the time the jet DID enter Israeli airsapce, they had no way of telling if it was a threat or not.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

Does not matter. I tell you what, someone comes flying into my countries airspace, I am DEFINITELY shooting them down, every time! "We cannot tolerate ANY penetration of the Israeli airspace".....enough said.

I touched a nerve there i see (is it Israeli cowards and voltures?)

So, again, by your words, you agree the Assad haves the right to shoot down US aircraft's?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join