It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: No Matter How Many Times Al-Qaeda Shot Him, This Heroic Vet Just Wouldn’t Go Down !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This guy is amazing that he survived at all, shot 27 times.

Navy Seal Sr. Chief Mike Day has an incredible story to tell about how, in Iraq, he came up close with four members of Al-Qaeda who shot him 27 times before he managed to kill the four of them.

The body armor he was wearing, he said, is only capable of stopping one round; miraculously, it stopped more than 10. Then after he was shot, he proceeded to walk himself to the chopper.

www.westernjournalism.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
He needs to send the company that made his body armor a Christmas card for the rest of his life! Ouch!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
HE was shot in the Arms, the Legs, every part of his body other than the head, yet he managed to clear the room and walk to the Heli for evacuation...?
I would like to see the scars first or hear a second hand account too back the story up...call me crazy but Private Lynch suddenly just popped into my head...just after Rambo.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

That's because you have never met a Senior Chief. They're too mean and crusty to die.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
He was Very Lucky. Al Queda, Very Unlucky. I like a good herioc story with a good outcome.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's because you have never met a Senior Chief. They're too mean and crusty to die.

We all feel pain though. Hey Great Story, i would just prefer to hear others personal accounts of the raid in question..

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yep!

Shooting a Chief just ticks them off.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sure we do, but when you pop painkillers like they're candy, your ability to deal with large amounts of pain, and finish the mission goes way up.

I crushed my knee a few years ago, and am just waiting for it to tear itself apart to get a replacement. I barely notice levels of pain that would have three average person on the ground.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

you have over a 90% chance of living after being shot...if you don't hit a vital organ you can stay in the fight for quite some time. I bet there are quite a few stories on both sides of warriors being shot a half of a dozen times and still lived. The warrior mindset.

One of my favorite medal of honor stories is a sgt maj that rescued his team of green berets under fire...he basically stole a helicopter and a pilot and went in...he saved everyone one of his guys and was shot like either 7 or 9 times. On the flight back he died with his guys. Regardless...what leader to go after his men like that...and against orders from my understanding. I used to always tell that story to civilians when we discuss leadership.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Everyone has different pain thresholds,so that's irrelevant I'm sure woman who give birth will laugh at the macho responses here

Wow he's a lucky guy they might as well have used a spud gun on him

Realy shoddy journalism doesn't say when or where ,but bravo he came out alive

Ok the video says info but not from the story link:-/
edit on 22-9-2014 by Whereismypassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I guess it prooves God or an angel was on his side and not that of the Al Quaeda loonies.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

During Korea, a B-29 tried to drop a magnesium flare, but had it bounce back up the tube into the cabin, after ignition. One of the crew members picked it up in his hands, walked a good bit of the length of the aircraft, leaned over in front of the pilot, and tossed it out the window. Even said excuse me to the pilot.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I saw this the other day, he is like a real Bullet Tooth Tony.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Some cannot be hurt or invaded by these demons. They should not advertise this.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I guess it prooves God or an angel was on his side and not that of the Al Quaeda loonies.

I'm sure there are a few stories like this in the Al Ciada camp, and someone saying the very same thing about Allah being on their side. Sometimes, extraordinary things happen. No deity necessary.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
with all due respect for all the "been there done that's" on all sides- its a tough tough gig
I wonder how much military sometimes stamina these days is partially due to meds....
like scarface...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why does ATS censor w1ndow?

And omg wow.... Many many moons ago a science teacher gave me a big old box of magnesium filings to go cause mayham with after I helped him do the summer cleanup on his class... Well 7th grade boys and magnesium fillings are a pretty explosive combo lol. My favorite was igniting a big ole pile with starting fluid then I hit it with my driver(golf club). Needless to say that driver didn't spend much time on the golf course after my little face customization job. Literally melted and just downright destroyed the face of it.

One little spark spark landed on one of my shoes during the various "expirements" and by the time I got it off it was pretty well melted and engulfed in flame.

I say these long winded goofy little kid stories to try to reiterate just how hot magnesium burns at.. Isn't it like 2000 degrees +? Try putting it in water to put it out and your in for a real big surprise lol!

When man learns to control adrenaline for real its gonna open the door for some pretty amazing human feats!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

We think it's a java thing.

Yeah it's like 2200 or 2500 degrees. He had horrific disfiguring burns from it, IIRC his hands literally melted from holding it.

It would have literally melted the aircraft apart if he hadn't done something, so he did the first thing he thought of that had a chance of working.
edit on 9/22/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Good on him. Just gotta do what you gotta do sometimes lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Stories like this would be so demoralizing to the enemy you were fighting against. I mean if you were fighting an enemy and you could shoot him 27 times, and THEN he proceeds to kill 4 of your guys, that is not someone I would want to mess with. I think part of the reason they always say that the body armor is only supposed to take 1 shot is because they don't want you attempting to reuse it after it has taken a round. But that doesn't mean it will stop functioning. It is an exepensive round, the one that ruins a piece of body armor. Armor is not cheap. The body armor functioned to stop bullets from hitting any vital organs, which is what saved his life. One thing that seems odd to me is the scenario itself.

Seals are highly trained, and it almost sounds like he had been shot numerous times before ever realizing he was being shot in the first place. Seals react, they don't stand there stupefied. And despite all these shots, he was still the one to eliminate the insurgents? Not impossible by any means, but what the heck was his team doing? Of course it would help to know the exact situation, and perhaps he was just the lead man and there was not any room to maneuver. That type of situation is a bit more understandable, but generally anytime someone enters a room that is to be cleared, you almost instantaneously will have multiple muzzles pointing around the room. I've seen seals put muzzles over each other, under each other, and around each other. Their muzzle control was outstanding, and despite the confusion of combat they can refrain from ever putting their teammates in danger from friendly fire. Amazing stuff to see. They're not the only ones of course.

Whatever happened doesn't change the fact that this is an amazing story. I'm sure this entire firefight happened in a matter of seconds, which means that nobody was really "slow" on the seal side, rather the enemy was waiting for them and the seals reacted as quickly as humanly possible. When the enemy knows you are about to enter things get a lot more dangerous. I would not expect the seals to go charging into the room every single time, but instead to retain some cover outside and see if anyone shoots at them, but again I don't what happened here. I do remember reading about the two helicopters that were brought down, but I never heard about this particular firefight, that I recall. I wonder how many interesting engagements there are that we know nothing about? Congratulations to this guy for surviving, and for the work he is doing now to help other specops guys. It is sad however that he has to work to make sure these guys receive the best medical care, their benefits, etc...That should be something that the system should take care of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join