It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish hostages released. How will this impact Obama's plan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There are few details except that they were released near the Syrian border. We do know that about Turkish 77 embassy staff were kidnapped three months ago and were kept in Mosul at the beginning of this new ISIS chapter.

Obama wanted permission to use Turkish airfields in its actions against the group but Turkey refused. We the public heard little about them during their captivity, or even knew if they were still alive. Now that they have been released, will the picture change, and how soon? It would be interesting to know just how they came to be released, if we ever find out, that is.

Here'd the news clip of their release

Here is the clip of Obama's plan to rally the world. Here we go again. Lord help us all.

edit on 20-9-2014 by aboutface because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
S&F These new dot's that keep popping up makes me wonder if all countries around the world have a deep state working in concert with one another .We see officials in Washington making statements that are not backed up by good official documentation .What we are being fed comes from mostly social media and propagandized by msm .Like flight 17 ,where are the official pics . Using salt will only get you so far in trying to unravel the misinformation that is spun at us .. ETA a link to Boiling Frogs ..She is the best source for Turkish info on the web .Maybe she can shed some light . www.youtube.com... This YT link is to a short history on Turkey and what may be going on behind the scenes .James Corbet talks with Sybil Edmond's on Turkey www.youtube.com... a reply to: aboutface

edit on 20-9-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I honestly can't believe we're all still falling for this whole ISIS/ISIL bull#!
Clearly the American government let the 'Al-Qaeda scare' run it's course, so they went and created ISIS/ISIL. Has anyone ever heard of this group BEFORE the last few months? I know I haven't.
How can we know for sure that they even exsist? That the people they have 'captured' or killed ared just some Hollywood tricks?
I'm HIGHLY sceptical of anything that really we're told is happening in the Middle East. Hell, read some Middle Eastern newspapers.... Barely a word about any of this.

Just saying.....

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: skelly1178

Has anyone ever heard of this group BEFORE the last few months? I know I haven't.

Ditto. We need fresh enemies like we need the latest I Phone.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
little will change from the status quo... Turkey will covertly support the IS (which is more importantly now a Caliphate)
Turkey will only contribute humanitarian aid to the victims of scattering before IS invades their particular town-village-city

the Øbama scheme of getting military supplies to the IS/ISIS, by-way-of Moderate Syrian Rebel groups will continue, but not from Turkish airfields or seaports....
See: the Øbama plan is against ISIL specifically... to 'degrade then destroy' ISIL only
that leaves IS/ISIS/Caliphate out there to operate freely

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Just because you haven't heard of them before, doesn't mean they didn't exist.

You do realise this, right? Do some research, you might learn something

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Why don't you start by explaining exactly what you think "Obama's plan" is? Then we can speculate as to why the prisoners were taken, why they were released and who benefits from each action. These are the fundamentals of strategic analysis.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I see Obama as a pawn who, despite trying to insert his own moves now and then such as announcing the end to the war on terror, has to answer to the war machine, investors and big oil etc., and advance their interests. To that end the plan is fed by big corporations who stand to benefit from continued and prolonged conflict. In the short term his role is to ramp up the rhetoric and focus the conflict exactly where it lies in the ME.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
We are being deceived in such subtle ways .This new boogie man ISIS gives the west a open door to invade any place they say they have fled to or are at any given time .I was under the impression that ISIS was being created by Turkey but I am not so sure this is the case . We know that all Govt's. have some corruption while other's have more and more . If a good guy gets in power he has some work to do in order to clean house . The deeper the corruption the longer and harder it is to root out . In the mean time he would have to deal with the propaganda being created by the ones within the body of politics .

Good chances are that there are some bad actors and good actors in both sides of any group and these differences can be used to move the story line along by tptb .TPTB own and control the msm in the west and so what ever the story line being propagated by them is NOT what the truth of the matter IS . Notice how Turkey did not want to allow military operations on the new boogie man sets them up looking bad ? Turkey has created a black mark on themselves by stopping big pharma and the western banks from running rough shot over their country . I suspect that they may actually may be thinking about moving closer towards the BRICS and that would really set them up for retaliations from the west .

I would encourage everyone to listen to this vid .Take the time to consider what she is saying and then rethink what may have and is being spouted by tptb . I cant seem to imbed so here is the link once again www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

of course the Turkish People would be released. Turkey has never done anything wrong to them.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Then why kidnap them in the first place? That was quite a huge operation, so who was and is really behind it?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I have no idea why they would retain them.
Perhaps a political media show?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I cannot imagine Turkey involved in this conflict, as it's too close to home and they have lots of things to worry about. Someone clearly wanted them involved and was working to incite more sectarian violence, imo. Maybe they were released because Turkey did not bite?
edit on 20-9-2014 by aboutface because: typo, need another coffee

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

well I just saw a youtube news clip where Obama is 'rallying the world' for support... then this media release is imo, timely... actions speak louder than words.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Just because you haven't heard of them before, doesn't mean they didn't exist.

You do realise this, right? Do some research, you might learn something

Yep. Have all along been following this nightmare as much as I can bear since Egypt and Lybia. It's our western baby and is horrendous!

The Covert Origins of ISIS

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I can better a YouTube video...

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

We are being deceived in such subtle ways .This new boogie man ISIS gives the west a open door to invade any place they say they have fled to or are at any given time .

Al Qaeda already provided that. What, then, is ISIL for? Or perhaps these organizations are the "real deal," and not American puppets.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Much like a real peaceful protest that can be infiltrated by agent provactures .We seen the Quebec Govt. send in Radical skin head violent demonstrators to give the police the reason to crack down on a peaceful protest .Yes the Al Qaeda that was not in Iraq in the beginning were also a cia group (boogyman) they brought in ,in order to have the excuse to unleash the military on the Iraqis and destabilize the country . a reply to: DJW001

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

What a moment of discovery that was! Absolute proof instead of oft repeated rumours that someone with a nefarious agenda was trying to stir things up. Snowden was also a moment of revelation. Since then our spidey senses know better than to accept the bull puckies we are being fed.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
I cannot imagine Turkey involved in this conflict, as it's too close to home and they have lots of things to worry about. Someone clearly wanted them involved and was working to incite more sectarian violence, imo. Maybe they were released because Turkey did not bite?

Bingo. It was a ploy to make sure Turkey would let the US use their airfields to bomb "ISIS" in Syria. Turkey said no so there's no longer any use for the hostages.

I'm just amazed that cIaSIS didn't behead a few to help convince Turkey. There must have been a behind-the-scenes agreement of some sort.
edit on 9/21/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join