It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis and why me ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just a little back story .
When I was about 9 years old my nanna who used to live me was dying , we'll was living with us and was living on a ventilator to help her breath . I knew she was dying , we'll as I was walking home from school one day which was about 100 yards from my house ( lucky me ) I was about ) 7 at the time the closer I got home the heavier I felt and the darker I felt . I just knew something wasn't right as I opened the door my mam was there and without thinking I said I know ! And walked in the house . My nanna had died , she was amazing , not that she never took me anywhere on trips or out of the house but I went further than any plane or ship could take you without leaving the room ! She would tell me things about her life and the war and things .
Back on topic,
We moved after she died ,
And every night when everyone was asleep I'd wait at the top of the stairs for her , in the pitch dark ! As was 8 by then .
And every time I went to bed after that I would wake up with my body not able to move like a big heavy weight on my chest , and a whooshing sound in my ears , like when your driving down a motorway and the windows open slightly .
Well that went on for a few years and I used to tell my mam and she would just brush it off and say I was dreaming , until we got bsb which was sky tv in the early days , there was nothing on so my mam put unsolved mysteries on and there it was ! Everything I was telling her over the years was there ! She froze and turned it off ! But looked at me line she was scared and knew I was telling the truth but didn't show me any credibility , we'll as the next 2 or so years went on I had it every couple of nights and eventually I could turn it on when I was going to sleep , that was 20 years ago but been used to it but last week had the flash then woke up the next morning ! This was the most intense paralysis I've ever had pre flash . I've seen the cloaked figure next to my bed and 2 greys on seperate occasions and felt so much fear when I couldn't move but soon as I could move I felt amazing ! That's why I put myself into it every other night or at least twice a week . Just thought I'd share and if u know and can relate respond to me because we're a minority and there is more than one of us doing it .

And the flash is a new level or something that has happened only twice but like a lightening flash then instant wake up and it's morning , if your reading and you've had it you know your not alone and there must be hundreds of us .

Peace. .
edit on 19-9-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Can you separate yourself when you're in the paralysis state? Like OBE.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

Can you separate yourself when you're in the paralysis state? Like OBE.

Sorry I've tried but I think , when you in sp it's out of your hands . It's like I'm in the arms of the unknown so it's up to whoever or whatever is in control of you , but it certainly isn't me . I think by my experience your just handing yourself over to the otherside not in a ghost way, just not in our reality way , whether different dimension dark side , light side ? Don't know but it's the other side . We're ever that is .
If your reading and can relate you know .
Peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That's what I want to say. I can't predict my episodes of SP, but I can tear myself out of body on the rare occasions that I experience it.

It isn't easy though, it feels like several people are trying to pin you down, but if you try to stand up and don't give up you'll notice that you've broken out, and the force trying to keep you in will be gone.

Next time you have a bout of SP, give it a try and let me know the result. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Then you'll be able to start doing more with this skill.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And what a battle it is .
I tend to wiggle my shoulders even tho they don't move and eventually I pull free and the euphoria after it wow ! That the only way I can get out just focus on my shoulders and try moving my head side to side but as you know nothing moves then eventually it breaks out . Peace .

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I don't mean break the paralysis

I mean leave your body as a soul, while your body is still in bed. Do you know what I mean?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well daz21 it's 2:30 in the morn so lucky me it's sleep time I've tried all the techniques but I'll try now , can't wait for the sound like you've got your ear to a sea shell that when u know it's just starting . Peace .

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I cannot explain how, but I have went from having the scary "shadow man" sleep paralysis episodes - to sleep paralysis without the fear - to finally understanding what is going on and being able to either snap myself out of it OR doing OBE. I have been able to do an OBE consciously only twice and not very far from my body.

I had sleep paralysis ALL the time growing up and still do. I think what changed was my research on it and understanding what is going on with myself. Being aware helps a lot.

I have also started noticing a flash when I am just about to fall asleep. I have no idea what that is.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I don't mean break the paralysis

I mean leave your body as a soul, while your body is still in bed. Do you know what I mean?

I think there's so many levels daz but I always have never been in control after I've handed myself over , but I will try but after nearly 30 years I'll try honest .just don't need the cloak again he's not that nice . Peace . I'll report back tomorrow .

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonLightStars

Keep practicing and you'll get better.

The trick is to focus on staying conscious while in OBE to make it last longer. Just repeat in your head "stay conscious" when you're used to the feelings, you won't have to focus like that anymore and will be much better at it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonLightStars
I cannot explain how, but I have went from having the scary "shadow man" sleep paralysis episodes - to sleep paralysis without the fear - to finally understanding what is going on and being able to either snap myself out of it OR doing OBE. I have been able to do an OBE consciously only twice and not very far from my body.

I had sleep paralysis ALL the time growing up and still do. I think what changed was my research on it and understanding what is going on with myself. Being aware helps a lot.

I have also started noticing a flash when I am just about to fall asleep. I have no idea what that is.

Had the flash twice not a lightning flash like when you get shadows but the flash came from everywhere so no shadow could be cast ! That's what brought me to ats in the first place lol .

I bet people think we're nuts lol but like I say if you've had it it's so easy to relate .

Wish more had it and it opens your mind

edit on 19-9-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Do you get the body shakes aswell ?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Haha you're not nuts. sleep paralysis is natural and everyone experiences it. But not everyone consciously experiences it.

You enter it to enter dream land, so your body won't go off walking. Like a sleep walker, who has failed to undergo sleep paralysis.

Being conscious while experiencing sleep paralysis has added benefits though.

If you relax and don't panic you will fall into a dream consciously. This is know as a lucid dream and the consciousness stays within the mind.

However you can also separate from the body in sleep paralysis projecting the consciousness externally, having an OBE. You can also astral project from an OBE, but I'm working on that one at the moment.

edit on 19-9-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To be honest when I saw the 2 greys I was layed on my belly , they was next to me mixing some mercury balls in a mercury soup on my bedside table and I was above there heads watching but I was asleep below the bedside table so I guess that's kind of an obe . While been in my body , maybe I was both at the same time , if you've had it you know .

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

That's what I want to say. I can't predict my episodes of SP, but I can tear myself out of body on the rare occasions that I experience it.

It isn't easy though, it feels like several people are trying to pin you down, but if you try to stand up and don't give up you'll notice that you've broken out, and the force trying to keep you in will be gone.

Next time you have a bout of SP, give it a try and let me know the result. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Then you'll be able to start doing more with this skill.

Ive done that before and didnt even realize I was out of body until I teleported into the next room. That freaked me out.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
You get used to it. I've suffered from it on & off since i was a kid. I'm now 39 but no matter how bad the paralasys is when i'm expereincing it, i can usually shake it off no worse than a really bad nightmare once i come out of it.

It's varied over the years from inaminate oblects, trolls, a demon with red eyes and a pig face, a witch, lizard creature and an old man and all of them have been freaky as hell expecially when it's in a semi dream state whilst being paralysed.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: snoochieboochies
You get used to it. I've suffered from it on & off since i was a kid. I'm now 39 but no matter how bad the paralasys is when i'm expereincing it, i can usually shake it off no worse than a really bad nightmare once i come out of it.

It's varied over the years from inaminate oblects, trolls, a demon with red eyes and a pig face, a witch, lizard creature and an old man and all of them have been freaky as hell expecially when it's in a semi dream state whilst being paralysed.

What do you reckon it is. ?
Dream ? Real ? Blurred dimension ?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: snoochieboochies

What do you reckon it is. ?
Dream ? Real ? Blurred dimension ?

I think it's a mix of dreaming and reality - or at least that's how i rationalise it so i can forget about it when i'm fully concious. But that doesn't explain how people experience similar halucinations when in a paralysis state.

It does make me question how real what we percieve as reality really is afterwards.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

. I can't predict my episodes of SP, but I can tear myself out of body on the rare occasions that I experience it.

I can.

Nowadays.

The things - the ONLY things that cause me to experience sleep paralysis (and / or nightmares), are:

1) Caffeine (especially combined with nicotine)
2) Eating before going to sleep (even if there's an hour between eating and sleeping)

If you make sure your body is caffeine-free (and nicotine-free), and go to sleep with an empty stomach, I am pretty sure you can predict that there's not going to be sleep paralysis.

It probably helps if you have also cleansed the physical body from the outside.

Tap water could be a factor; but if you only drink spring water, it could help.

Another factor might be letting your body dry too much.

Especially a combination of these things is almost a sure recipe for either sleep paralysis or nightmares for me.

Perhaps you can take heed of all this information and try it out, experiment with it, and see, whether it's more universal, or just me. In any case, I am sure it will help.

Low Ph-value could also contribute - so if you want to make sure your body is in a more 'light' mode, you can also eat a lot of cucumber (it has a neutralizing effect because of its high alkaline level - most foods are very acidic, so the stomach is often more over-acidified, which means that any alkaline that you can bring to your body, usually has a beneficial, balancing effect (as long as its in form of healthy, natural food)).

I am sure that with these hints, your sleep paralysises (?) and nightmares will be completely predictable - unless they are karmic, of course.

P.S. Basically all the points I have made have something to do with either chakras out of balance, or curing 'low vibrations'. The less there's water in your body, the lower your vibration frequency easily becomes, and it's unhealthy anyways. Also, the weaker aura means weaker immune system, and with that, you become more vulnerable to all kinds of 'attacks'. So if you keep your 'vibes' high, and your chakras harmonious and balanced, and your aura strong, healthy and full of vitality, you should be having no sleep paralysis or nightmares (unless karmic, as I mentioned). Those powerful chemicals really interfere with the natural energy flows and create 'holes' in the aura, and other imbalances as well. They artificially intensify your energies, and cause you to expend them too fast, which means, there's not going to be enough left for 'protection' and such.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I know there's supposedly a scientific explanation for that, but I don't buy it. I think it's related with alien abductions and all those sorts of things. And it's very real, people are not imagining things. If you ask Jesus Christ for help, or claim his blood while you're experiencing that, it will stop - because it's demons. Don't be scared, study the Bible and you'll see it's truly God's word (read about the prophecies in the book of Daniel). This is my conclusion after a lot, believe me, a lot, of research.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join