It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, and England...it's our Union, let's now fix it together.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: liverlad
Lol, it is only some US folk to be fair, and their nation is absolutely huge so I'm not surprised that there is some ignorance about the wider world outside of their own borders.
That said though, the incorrect separation of 'Scottish' and 'British' needs to be addressed everytime because as we know Scots, Welsh, and English are all Brits as well.
I think the incorrect use of 'England' referring to the UK also needs addressing everytime as well. The UK is the union of 4 nations including Northern Ireland, which Scotland has voted to remain part of.

It is good if this referendum debate has educated a few people around the world about how our nation is made up, and now it is time for us all to work at improving the union for all of us...together.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
People actually believe this was an open, honest, and more importantly. Not tampered with ?

Interesting

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sacri

Because it wasn't.

Of course, if you have proof, feel free to report it to the Electoral Commission and the Scottish Government.........

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
So, the people of Scotland have spoken:
2 million want our Union of nations
1.6 million want independence
Over a million didn't care enough to vote either way.

It certainly wasn't a million who didn't care to vote. Overall I think it was 86% of those REGISTERED to vote, did. A large part of the missing 1.4million are under 16, or potentially incarcerated, hospitalized or otherwise unable.

Also I believe that 97% of eligible people actually registered, so it was pretty amazing turnout. I watched it live from the US, and it actually got me emotional to see a population who gives a damn and gets involved in the process.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Sure and while im at it ill throw every other corrupt official in jail with them ?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
We will fix it only when we are a Free Independent Nation....Alba Gu Brath.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
We will fix it only when we are a Free Independent Nation....Alba Gu Brath.

So you have no desire to fix anything about it now? That's pretty daft.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
Yep, I agree, it was too late for me to edit so apologies for the error.
The correct figure was around 600,000 of the people who were registered and able to vote didn't care enough to do so.
This made the result of everyone registered and able to vote:
38% Yes, and 62% either No, or didn't care enough to cast their ballot paper.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Well, even if you have no wish to support a fairer and better union for us all you will have a few years having to live in it before your next vote so it makes sense to engage with the debate. You will be affected by upcoming decisions so ignoring the process will not help the people in your camp.

I've said to you before that I support your right to continue campaigning for an independent Scotland in the future, but right now Scotland has chosen to be in it. I think it would be wise to put your energies into getting the best deal in the union you are stuck in now, while also continuing to campaign for your independence.

...or just chuck all the toys out of the box and wail 'I'm not playing anymore, wah!'

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

We are in it now.

Perhaps the yes supporters should at least keep up the pressure on Westminster and to remind the no voters that might slip into apathy. There is room for an independence movement in any nation I think. This has been an emotive time for everyone.

It will be strange to hear any no supporter grumble about future Westminster policies or politicians. I don't think any real change will come. We may get thrown a bone or two, England may get devolution and then what? Same old, same old...

These people are too smart and always one step ahead of the curve.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon
I agree, we should all keep a hand of cards in whichever is the game we're forced to play.
Right now the game is 'union' and I also agree that independence supporters have a strong role to play in influencing those in Westminster for the better of all of us.
If it all goes tits up and it turns out all a con I'll be as quick to condemn such deception and support the Scots, but lets see how it pans out for now...while we all campaign for a mutually agreeable and fairer union, and/or in tandem with your own calls for independence if that is your wish.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Sounds about right. We have to deal the hand we are played.

Perhaps Salmond too has a role to play, he can keep the pressure up.

My brain is fried with it all.

Midicon.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Absolutely, the views and input of all parties is important now, perhaps more so.
If you read anything about how things develop in the current 'union' discussions, then please feel free to link/quote/raise it here as I am as passionate that Scots get a good deal a I am for the rest of us.

I can understand the brain-fry thing, I bet it's been quite an emotional experience over the last year or so.
My biggest fear would have been the more rabid unionists after a slim yes vote, I think some conciliation with those folk needs to be developed for an independent Scotland to prosper...how that happens I would have no idea though.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

My brain is fried with it all.

I can well imagine.

Alcohol, a good blow out or 4 with mates interspersed with some quality music and escapist reading tends to sort me out.

Life goes on and the sun will still rise in the morning my friend.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Such a prescription would work for me as well

This is a thread of reconciliation and playing the hand of cards we've all got right now together. If we recognise our common enemy then they have a much more difficult job in screwing us over. That is my hope at least.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join