It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Television Drama Filmed Back in February...look familiar at 0.33 seconds?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I came across this on another site, and thought I would share it here. This is apparently from a Turkish television drama, and was filmed back in February 2014. I wonder if this is where ISIS got the ideas for their film shoot? Interesting to say the least. www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

For those unable to watch, it has a scene where an ISIS looking character, has a guy in an orange jump suit, and is preparing to behead him. Looks WAY to similar, even the man getting executed looks a lot like Jim Foley. I do not personally believe in coincidence.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

You will need to fix your link.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

You will need to fix your link.

Thank you. Link fixed.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
That does look exactly like the beheading videos! Here's a pic of it, for anyone who can't see the video:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
That does look exactly like the beheading videos! Here's a pic of it, for anyone who can't see the video:

Cool! Thank you so much for posting the pic. I wish I was computer savvy, unfortunately I am not..
Indeed, looks exactly like what we are being conditioned to seeing lately!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Wow.. That is an interesting find.. The same style clothing, even a similar shoulder strap thingy.. What strikes me as interesting, (although I may be reading to much into it) is the fact that the 'beheader' is holding the knife in his left hand.. Similar to that of Jihadi John.. Could be completely irrelevant but does seem strangely coincidental considering a higher percentage of the population are right handed.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

No problem! It was a very interesting find!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthArchaeologist14

Wow.. That is an interesting find.. The same style clothing, even a similar shoulder strap thingy.. What strikes me as interesting, (although I may be reading to much into it) is the fact that the 'beheader' is holding the knife in his left hand.. Similar to that of Jihadi John.. Could be completely irrelevant but does seem strangely coincidental considering a higher percentage of the population are right handed.

Wow, great point on the left hand!!! I personally noticed how much more real this knife looked compared to the "real" ones we have seen.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I'm just curious - how do you when this was filmed? It's not out, and to my knowledge it's not even been announced that they are starting up a brand new series again...

It's not one of the old shows and on the Wiki page there is no announcement of any new filming...

Since its your OP I figured you did the research - so how do you know exactly when this was filmed?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I'm just curious - how do you when this was filmed? It's not out, and to my knowledge it's not even been announced that they are starting up a brand new series again...

It's not one of the old shows and on the Wiki page there is no announcement of any new filming...

Since its your OP I figured you did the research - so how do you know exactly when this was filmed?

In the comments section, someone familiar with the show mentions it. I will look further into it myself.
I found this:Valley of the Wolves: Palestine (Turkish: Kurtlar Vadisi: Filistin) is a 2011 Turkish action film directed by Zübeyr Şaşmaz. The story revolves around a Turkish commando team which go to Israel to track down the Israeli military commander responsible for the Gaza flotilla raid. The film, which went on nationwide general release across Turkey on 28 January 2011, is one of the most expensive Turkish films ever made. It is part of the Valley of the Wolves media franchise, based on the Turkish television series of the same name, and a sequel to Valley of the Wolves: Iraq (2006) and Valley of the Wolves: Gladio (2008).[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_of_the_Wolves:_Palestine

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here's the video,

James Foley, R.I.P.

edit on 18-9-2014 by smurfy because: Video.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Jesus, that is downright uncanny. The guy making the beheading videos must be the same guy behind this Turkish television show. Really that is the ONLY explanation without getting too crazy.

OP you are certainly not reading too much into anything. That is the same god damn video! The only thing different is the background landscape and the man in the jumpsuit.

Look at that crap! Same exact shoulder straps as 'Jihadi John.' Similar looking knife. Exact same jumpsuit. Exact same all black robe and exact same mask with the eye slit.

And the video as a whole is certainly a promo for a TV show you can tell that.

I honestly do not know what to think of this - best find on ATS in weeks if I dare say so.

Hell - the beheading videos we have been seeing could have been different cuts of that very scene from that show with how much they are alike.
edit on 18-9-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We need some koind of techno wizard to put up a still of foley to compare images. Because I dont know how to do that from my phone. Or from a computer. I cannot do it in the rain I cannot do it in a train. I would not could not in a house I would not could not with a mouse. Or a keyboard. Or stylus.

eta- tyvm smurfy
That works!

Yes quite similar. Would like to know what happens in the movie.
edit on 9/18/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Are we really shocked that people copy what they see on TV? Happens all the time.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Thanks, and agreed the knife does look more real..

If this hasn't been aired already, do you think the director would have the initiative to edit or cut out that scene, like they did with footage of the twin towers from the spider man movie or whatever, after they collapsed?

I only ask this because of the VERY similar nature between this and the 'real' ones. I mean as a director, if no similarities were meant then would you not want to take it out, out of respect for the people involved (family, victim himself etc.) or even the US, seeing as Israel and US are all friends?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Hell - the beheading videos we have been seeing could have been different cuts of that very scene from that show with how much they are alike.

This crossed my mind to when seeing it.. Good point.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
We need some koind of techno wizard to put up a still of foley to compare images. Because I dont know how to do that from my phone. Or from a computer. I cannot do it in the rain I cannot do it in a train. I would not could not in a house I would not could not with a mouse. Or a keyboard. Or stylus.

THIS, made my day...thanks!!

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Do you mean something like this?

EDIT: or this?

edit on 18/9/2014 by LukeDAP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Has anyone here actually seen this supposed movie? Am I the only one who wonders what a terrorist beheading would have to do with a group of Turkish soldiers going into Israel? Is the beheader a Turk and the beheaded an Israeli?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthArchaeologist14

Thanks, and agreed the knife does look more real..

If this hasn't been aired already, do you think the director would have the initiative to edit or cut out that scene, like they did with footage of the twin towers from the spider man movie or whatever, after they collapsed?

I only ask this because of the VERY similar nature between this and the 'real' ones. I mean as a director, if no similarities were meant then would you not want to take it out, out of respect for the people involved (family, victim himself etc.) or even the US, seeing as Israel and US are all friends?

That is a great point! I for one do not believe that they would cut it out, Turkey is where this show is made, and while they do allegedly have like 49 citizens being held hostage by ISIS, they have not been emotionally affected like Americans were with 9/11. I do not mean this to sound insensitive at all, but this is just a beheading, they take place very frequently in the middle east. Plus, this may create MORE viewers for the show, I can only imagine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join