It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Persecution Abounds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Acts4 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.Matthew24

So anyone else find this information along with the scriptures being relative to our generation just another undeniable proof?

Are these nations dominate "religions" earthly based? As in~

Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free. Galatians4

He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. John3

Persecution of Christians can be traced historically from the time of Jesus in the first century to the present time.[1]..has reported that over 100,000 Christians are violently killed annually because of some relation to their faith.[140] According to the World Evangelical Alliance, over 200 million Christians are denied fundamental human rights solely because of their faith.[141] Of the 100-200 million Christians under assault, the majority are persecuted in Muslim-dominated nations.[142] Christians suffer numerically more than any other faith groups or groups without faith in the world. Of the world's three largest religions Christians are the most proportionally persecuted with 80% of all acts of religious discrimination being directed at Christians[143] who only make up 33% of the world's population.[144]

Every year, the Christian non-profit organization Open Doors publishes a list of the top 50 countries where persecution of Christians for religious reasons is worst. The 2014 list has the following countries as its top 10 offenders:[145]

North Korea
Somalia
Syria
Iraq
Afghanistan
Saudi Arabia
Maldives
Pakistan
Iran
Yemen

en.wikipedia.org...

Our website provides daily news on Christian persecution in over 45 countries. Our contacts in countries around the world provide us with the information to publish incidents of persecution as quickly as possible.www.persecution.org...

Open Doors is a non-denominational mission supporting what the organization regards as persecuted Christians in over 60 countries where Christianity is socially or legally discouraged or oppressed.www.opendoors.org...

Most people in the West would be surprised by the answer to the question: who are the most persecuted people in the world? According to the International Society for Human Rights, a secular group with members in 38 states worldwide, 80 per cent of all acts of religious discrimination in the world today are directed at Christians.

The Centre for the Study of Global Christianity in the United States estimates that 100,000 Christians now die every year, targeted because of their faith – that is 11 every hour.www.independent.co.uk...

Why are Christians, as a new Pew report documents, the most persecuted religious group in the world? And why is their persecution occurring primarily throughout the Islamic world?..these faiths tend to be coterminous with their respective ethnicities: Buddhists, Asians; Judaism, Jews; Hinduism, Hindus.. www.frontpagemag.com...

edit on 18-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ahh .. more of the usual whinging .. yet its ok for the good christians to judge .. condemn .. persecute and murder anyone who doesnt believe their primitive .. barbaric .. bloodthirsty deathcult .. gotta love christian hypocrasy ...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
"What goes around, comes around" comes to mind.

Are we to forget what Christians have Done for 2000 years in the name of THEIR religion?

Peace

edit on 18-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

sigh

Your threads are the same as your replies... copy and pasted bible verses with no thought of your own...

Fail

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No argument there. It is a fact that people of many nations are persecuted to varying degrees wholly because of their Christian faith. This also applies to the other faiths, too. Jews are still persecuted, Muslims are persecuted, Buddhists are persecuted, the list goes on.

Not just faith, either. Gay people are persecuted, women are persecuted, children are persecuted, the list goes on.

Hmmm, it appears that human beings will persecute other human beings for any excuse of difference they can find doesn't it?

We need to ask the question as to why this is so much a part of human nature? There are many factors to consider. We put down others and other groups to weaken them and strengthen our stance; survival of the strongest and the fittest. We make our behaviour more right by showing how wrong the behaviour of theirs is even if we have to fabricate as Hitler's regime did to demonise the Jews.

Human nature, my friend. Ironic really that we need to evolve out of Darwin's concept of how evolution progresses; survival of the fittest.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

As you can see by the replies you are getting my afore mentioned point is most poignant and correct.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
"What goes around, comes around" comes to mind.

Are we to forget what Christians have Done for 2000 years in the name of THEIR religion?

Peace

So, in your mind, the catholic priest and the Catholic faithful deserve the same? The Pope who funds and promotes war in secret is equated with an innocent missionary in the jungles of South America setting up churches on a river, administering medical aid and digging wells? Do you know the difference between sheep and wolves? By your comments, "Christian" means one thing. By the OP, he was speaking of humans trying to live their lives and find hope from faith. Each of these lives are humans and not a label you apply as the broad stroke of your brush. Don't confuse the shameful actions of false believers with faithful servants.

The list of countries he provided are filled with people trying to scrape by and draw hope from faith in the face of death. This is true courage. They are not warlords using religion as an excuse for evil. There is a difference.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Xtians consistently put themselves in harms way, knowing they will be persecuted and murdered for proselytizing in these countries, and yet they still get upset when it happens.

Have you considered staying out of the Middle East, Asia, and any other countries where you are not welcome?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You will be called all kinds of horrid things for your OP by most of the people who will post replies.

You will be ridiculed by most of the people who will post replies.

You will be told to go to all kinds of places by most of the people who will post replies.

Because most of the people who reply will be militant atheists and people who have been emotionally hurt by a Christian or people of other faiths.

ATS is absolutely not the place to expect any sort of unemotional and rational dialog on the subject.

Most posters are incapable of rational dialog on this subject because they are way too emotional on the subject of Christianity.

You will find people who agree will be few and far between, and they too will be ridiculed, called names, and asked to give impossible proofs.

You are correct in your assertion that Christians are being persecuted around the world today at a much higher rate since the Romans ruled the world.

But you will find no sympathy at ATS, only people who will say good you nasty Christians, you deserve it.

That is the way ATS operates when it comes to Christians.

I learned this lesson a long time ago.

There is nearly no one on ATS who can be rational and write unemotionally about religion and Christianity in particular.

As a fellow Christian who thinks your assertion is correct, know that posting stuff like this on ATS will only get you crucified by the vast majority of posters because they can not look at the data rationally, they are incapable of it due to their emotions getting in the way of rational thought.

edit on 6Thu, 18 Sep 2014 18:18:28 -0500pm91809pmk184 by grandmakdw because: highlight

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
You will be called all kinds of horrid things for your OP by most of the people who will post replies.

You will be ridiculed by most of the people who will post replies.

You will be told to go to all kinds of places by most of the people who will post replies.

Because most of the people who reply will be militant atheists and people who have been emotionally hurt by a Christian or people of other faiths.

ATS is absolutely not the place to expect any sort of unemotional and rational dialog on the subject.

Most posters are incapable of rational dialog on this subject because they are way too emotional on the subject of Christianity.

You will find people who agree will be few and far between, and they too will be ridiculed, called names, and asked to give impossible proofs.

You are correct in your assertion that Christians are being persecuted around the world today at a much higher rate since the Romans ruled the world. But you will find no sympathy at ATS, only people who will say good you nasty Christians, you deserve it. That is the way ATS operates when it comes to Christians.

I learned this lesson a long time ago. There is nearly no one on ATS who can be rational and write unemotionally about religion and Christianity in particular.

As a fellow Christian who thinks your assertion is correct, know that posting stuff like this on ATS will only get you crucified by the vast majority of posters because they can not look at the data rationally, they are incapable of it due to their emotions getting in the way of rational thought.

between science and religion, which relies more heavily on rationality to conduct its business?

i thought so.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You just proved the point. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yeah, because global warming and carbon taxes are real rational. Science has been equally abused to enslave people.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure there's much to discuss. Klassified has hit the nail on the head. If Christians go into countries where their religion is not welcomed, and they try to pass out bibles or preach Christianity to the citizens, they're going to come up against some serious resistance. It's like jumping into an ocean full of sharks and then complaining because you get bitten.

The OP's source even said it: the majority are persecuted in Muslim-dominated nations.

Can you even call it persecution? I mean, if I walk out onto a busy freeway and get hit, do we blame the driver? Or am I likely to be accused of committing suicide? And if I blame the driver, wouldn't people say I brought it on myself or that I'm a a voluntary victim?
edit on 9/18/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

You just proved the point. Thanks.

proved what point? that science and critical thinking are both entirely irrational practices that couldn't hold a candle to the overwhelming intelligence wielded by believers? the majority of threads i have browsed in the religion forum make it quite clear how much believers rely on their intuition and emotion rather than looking strictly at the evidence. thats why its called FAITH and the HOLY SPIRIT which tells everyone who will listen that evolution is a lie made by satan to trick you out of selling god your soul out of gratitude for not punishing you for the dumb stuff he accidentally left in you before you were born.

dont even pretend that rational thinking is a huge element in the spiritual process. we all know better.
edit on 18-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Yeah, because global warming and carbon taxes are real rational. Science has been equally abused to enslave people.

and yet you still use your car and computer and microwave.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Is this the one where Mother Earth is only 4,000 years old? You might also be up for an 'infield promotion' to Church Elder for reminding everyone of their "Non-profit" (read: Tax write off why We go 'spread the word'..) Let Me save You some time and $$$, More $$$ Y'all can pocket because if anyBody needs $$ it would be The Creator of ALL there is..

God is FREE!!

Get a new racket! One that pays taxes! Because TheChurch™, the ones using religion™ as a tax shelter, have failed miserably at their #1 Job: providing "Charity" and because TheChurch™ cares more about $$$ and bugging the crap out of folks that have been practicing their religion™ 1,000 years before Jesus pounded His first nail, the Gov't. uses the $$$ I/You pay for taxes on "Charity"

If religion™ was taxed there wouldn't be a deficit. Prove me wrong thumpers!!

Jesus said the same thing before "they" whacked Him and pinned it on His bff, Judas..

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

ha, now that's funny

1 John 3 ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Rated Greatest Scientist in History (a Christian)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

watcha think?

Ezekiel 1
And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.

25 And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.

26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.

28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

??
1 Timothy Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.But godliness with contentment is great gain.

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands Acts17

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

1 Peter 4 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join