It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will an independant Scotland be part of NATO, UN treatise. Have a Military?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: grainofsand
You and the rest here are dreaming if you think for one minute we will give up one inch of Scottish soil to England or any other foreign country for that matter...It will be defended to the hilt, with much blood shed.

You're bordering on racism mate. Why do you hate the English so much? You're so off topic now you basically sound like a wining 12 year old. With the knowledge of a 12 year old.

As stated earlier I am English but have a large amount of Scottish friends. I was shocked to learn that a large proportion of Scottish people do not like the English. This is a situation that has been going on a long time and there is much bitterness on both sides. A very delicate time in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Nope, your example fails.
If the Shetlands vote for a sweeter deal with the UK then it is like the child leaving home.
That is their right to do so, and the UK would defend their right under international law.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Shetland and other outlying Island are not Independent to Scotland..they are a part of Scotland. not England, not Ireland, Not Wales..Scottish.

And if they want to stay in the UK? Would you respect their democratic wishes?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You and the rest here are dreaming if you think for one minute we will give up one inch of Scottish soil to England or any other foreign country for that matter...It will be defended to the hilt, with much blood shed.

So will you be going to war to reclaim Berwick on Tweed? What if parts of the Borders want to stay in the UK? Will there be a plebiscite for those regions?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
And if Newcastle wanted to join Scotland?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

You're bordering on racism mate. Why do you hate the English so much? You're so off topic now you basically sound like a wining 12 year old. With the knowledge of a 12 year old.

As stated earlier I am English but have a large amount of Scottish friends. I was shocked to learn that a large proportion of Scottish people do not like the English. This is a situation that has been going on a long time and there is much bitterness on both sides. A very delicate time in my opinion.

Well I am as proud a Scot as I am a Brit. My family and friends are the same. I have family and friends in England as well. In fact my family ties are in Stoke however I was born and raised in Peterhead. I can't deny there are many patriotic 'Yessers' kicking around this area but it seems they would have opted for independence even without reason. That it what frustrates me.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

you disappear for hours then jump in and start on my posts...have you actually been following this thread or do you just seek out me for special treatment?....
Maybe you would like to have a look at the posts bordering on the anti Scottish in here and comment on them....

I have said nothing racist here and said nothing to support your claim that i hate England...if Certain individuals in here want to talk of claiming the Shetlands and Orkneys for England then i'll defend my country as i said...to the Hilt to make sure they will never get one Inch of our soil.
And you being a Scot, if indeed you are one, should be bloody ashamed of yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
And if Newcastle wanted to join Scotland?

Then they go and Scotland gets a load of people who think that it's fine to queue outside nightclubs in very small dresses when it's -5C in January. I doubt that they would however. However - we live in a complicated world.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ok that actually made me laugh. Normally rant against any stereotype but the aversion to coats in Newcastle seems true.
The more serious point is that there I more to being a nation than simply wanting to be independent or join another nation. My street for example couldn't vote to join Norway.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

you disappear for hours then jump in and start on my posts...have you actually been following this thread or do you just seek out me for special treatment?....
Maybe you would like to have a look at the posts bordering on the anti Scottish in here and comment on them....

I have said nothing racist here and said nothing to support your claim that i hate England...if Certain individuals in here want to talk of claiming the Shetlands and Orkneys for England then i'll defend my country as i said...to the Hilt to make sure they will never get one Inch of our soil.
And you being a Scot, if indeed you are one, should be bloody ashamed of yourself.

Yes I have read back on the thread and who stands out? Surprise surprise, it's you. I don't just sit on ATS all night I have a family to raise so excuse me for 'dissapearing'.

Ashamed of myself? For what? Voting no? Are you implying that voting no makes me anti-scottish? So by Friday you'll be calling around 50% of scottish voters traitors will you? What a tool you sound.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well I am as proud a Scot as I am a Brit. My family and friends are the same. I have family and friends in England as well. In fact my family ties are in Stoke however I was born and raised in Peterhead. I can't deny there are many patriotic 'Yessers' kicking around this area but it seems they would have opted for independence even without reason. That it what frustrates me.

There will always be ill informed voters going the same way they have been told to. I think media propaghanda from the "NO" movement is making it seem like it will be far different than it actually will. History has shown that lifes goes on pretty much the same regardless for the common man.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
True, but international politics is always about the best deal for your own country, every time.
That is the mantra of the civil service, at all levels.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Ok that actually made me laugh. Normally rant against any stereotype but the aversion to coats in Newcastle seems true.
The more serious point is that there I more to being a nation than simply wanting to be independent or join another nation. My street for example couldn't vote to join Norway.

My mother, who is normally a very level-headed woman, called me up after a training course in Newcastle in absolute hysterical laughter after seeing the line for a nightclub in Newcastle in January. She was out in a coat, a hat, two scarfs and gloves. I won't repeat what she said about the partygoers that she saw.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What is best for both nations is to have a prosperous neighbour to trade with.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

My mother, who is normally a very level-headed woman, called me up after a training course in Newcastle in absolute hysterical laughter after seeing the line for a nightclub in Newcastle in January. She was out in a coat, a hat, two scarfs and gloves. I won't repeat what she said about the partygoers that she saw.

Understandable as a social comment but I fail to see how it is in any way relavant.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

What is best for both nations is to have a prosperous neighbour to trade with.

I fully agree, all of this anger and seperation fearmongering will be proved to be unfounded.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

I imagine that is the rationale for them having armed forces.

However with no Armed forces they would be unable to involve themselves with world conflicts. Acts of terrorism are commited when groups of people either react to a threat or attack or use violence as a way to create change when all other methods prove inefctual.

I do not see how a terrorist group would have a motive to commit an act of violence against a small island that has no bearing on the cause they or fighting for? a reply to: DJW001

2007 Glasgow International Airport attack
Source

Ahhh, The Flamming Bawbag attack of 07.
Two Disgruntled Doctors out their nut on resentment at the UK's involvement in middle east issues....and Morphine .

They Hit London the night before with a Car bomb consisting of Propane Gas canisters (safety valves fitted) and Petrol...other than stink the place out they Failed miserably.

With The police on their tail they had to make a run for it, and in their desperation loaded up a Jeep with more Gas canisters and petrol and ram raided a door at Glasgow Airport.

Not what i would call a Terrorist cell by a long shot.

Were the gas cannisters not empty i think i remember hearing that ????

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
IF i remember correctly they where full but had regulators on. It was a terrroist attack it did happen in scotland but was an isolated incident commited by 2 individuals. There is a big difference between this and a large scale organised attack like the ones we should be fearfull of.
a reply to: douglas5

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: flammadraco

I imagine that is the rationale for them having armed forces.

However with no Armed forces they would be unable to involve themselves with world conflicts. Acts of terrorism are commited when groups of people either react to a threat or attack or use violence as a way to create change when all other methods prove inefctual.

I do not see how a terrorist group would have a motive to commit an act of violence against a small island that has no bearing on the cause they or fighting for? a reply to: DJW001

2007 Glasgow International Airport attack
Source

Ahhh, The Flamming Bawbag attack of 07.
Two Disgruntled Doctors out their nut on resentment at the UK's involvement in middle east issues....and Morphine .

They Hit London the night before with a Car bomb consisting of Propane Gas canisters (safety valves fitted) and Petrol...other than stink the place out they Failed miserably.

With The police on their tail they had to make a run for it, and in their desperation loaded up a Jeep with more Gas canisters and petrol and ram raided a door at Glasgow Airport.

Not what i would call a Terrorist cell by a long shot.

Were the gas cannisters not empty i think i remember hearing that ????

No they were full, the smell and what appeared to be smoke inside the car (Gas Cloud) was what alerted a member of the Public outside the nightclub. All Gas bottles of that nature have safety valves fitted so in the event of a fire the vavles would blow instead of the bottle.
if you watch the video of the Airport incident you can see the burning gas coming out of the bottles, the valves already having blown.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: ScepticScot
True, but international politics is always about the best deal for your own country, every time.
That is the mantra of the civil service, at all levels.

Yeah we've noticed with over a million Sanctions for the sick and disabled and the unemployed.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join