It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC’s 3 Steps for Home Invasion Defense: Use Wasp Spray Illegally, Treat Invader ‘Like Royalty'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but having my car keys and wasp spray won't make me feel safe Vs. violent, armed home invaders. I have my own three step plan for dealing with criminals threatening me and my family; 1) Fire Gun, 2) If invader is still moving, repeat step one, 3) Call police to clean up mess from my floor.

According to FBI crime statistics quoted by NBC’s TODAY Show, home invasions in America are happening at the alarming rate of 135 per day.

That frightening fact combined with some recent, high profile invasions at the homes of Oscar-winner Sandra Bullock and NBA star Ray Allen prompted reporter Jeff Rossen to produce a segment titled, “How to protect your family from home invasion.”

For a large part of the four-minute story, Rossen spoke with Wallace Zeins, a retired NYPD detective and former hostage negotiator. The law enforcement veteran shared his tips for thwarting home invasions. However, many readers will notice something missing from the segment. This would also be something they consider the first and best option for dealing with intruders — firearms.

The option of using a gun to protect yourself in a home invasion is never mentioned during the TODAY Show story.

Source

edit on 2014/9/14 by Metallicus because: Fix Link

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Guns aren't for the little people. Unless you're a billionaire who promotes anti-gun sentiments while enjoying the security of armed bodyguards.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So because a couple of celebrities have been inconvenienced they decide it time to give the nation some ridiculous pointers about home invasions? I like your 3 step plan...

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Like how celebrities are heralded as geniuses when they speak out about something?

So tired of these overpayed entertainers thinking they're deep because they try to "set the population straight".

They don't even interact in the society they're instrumental in enslaving (though they're slaves too, go against the plan and you get publicly humiliated or murdered).

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That's almost as horrible as the liberal "advice" to rape victims to vomit or soil themselves in hopes that rapists will get disgusted and leave but not a awful as liberals who believe that death is worse than rape so rape victims are better off getting raped than killing the rapist because killing is the worse of the two.

+35 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If someone has entered a home uninvited there is a tried and true method of dealing with the situation.

Give em three warning shots, Two in the Chest, One in the Head.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Not everybody owns a gun, or wants one. I keep a little thing of pepperspray in my bedside table and car, but not adverse to using bugspray if that wasn't enough. Or if I should miss, which I understand happens quite often. Squirming, attacking interlopers don't make ready pepperspray targets.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

True. I don't own a gun and I don't even know how to use one. But I support the right to bear arms.

They make pepperspray that has a dye in it so the assailant can be easily identified.

I lived in bear country for 9 years. If you didn't own a gun you owned knives or bear spray. Not many robberies, crime in that area at all.

As Ames Jainchill said in Death Wish "Any mugger operating out here is fixing to get his ass blown off".

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Or "How To Be A Victim 101."

Pathetic attempt to "teach" people.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

If someone has entered a home uninvited there is a tried and true method of dealing with the situation.

Give em three warning shots, Two in the Chest, One in the Head.

I prefer three to the head. But, we are definitely on the same page.

Wasp spray....Sheesh

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Wasp spray only works on white suburban burglars.

edit on 14-9-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hi Ladyinwaiting, Use A Can of Bear Repellant If you don't like guns, you'll find Bear Repellant much more effective than a little can of pepper spray. You can buy it online or at your local Sporting goods store, it's Non Lethal, Legal and a lot more effective. Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: ladyinwaiting

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I don't think you get it.

it's not like most rapes are the violent (dark alley in shady neighborhood at night)-kind anyway, usually they're someone the victim knows, either a boyfriend or acquaintance, or classmate.

I think the "not carrying a gun" part is more about not having it used against you or ripped out of your hands in close quarters. or misfiring, or whatever.

furthermore while the producers are celebs, the actual advice-giving source appears to be a hostage-negotiator/police officer with several years experience, and who's probably more qualified than you to talk about this sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Wasp spray....Sheesh

ScientiaFortisDefendit Beat me to it...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I live in an apartment so it's REAL close if someone is blasting at the door,I have this "DEATH DEALER" axe,I had made...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This should be titled "3 steps on how to get yourself killed or seriously injured"

I swear, the ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me.

ETA: I see this info is coming from a former NYPD detective/negotiator. Now this foolish information makes sense, it's from an anti-gun city.
edit on 9/14/2014 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just this past June we had a rash of break ins, one of which was two houses away from us, and then a homicide not more then three blocks from my house. I wrote a thread about it last month; Suspect says he murdered New Jersey teen as revenge for U.S. military killings in Middle East.

It turns out this scumbag, animal was responsible for all of it and was living in the county park nearby. I travel often and my wife knows how to handle a potential invasion scenario the same why I would and it is not with goddamn wasp spray.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I Have a door mat that reads "Do to the high cost of Ammo, their will be no warning shot"

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Not everybody owns a gun, or wants one. I keep a little thing of pepperspray in my bedside table and car, but not adverse to using bugspray if that wasn't enough. Or if I should miss, which I understand happens quite often. Squirming, attacking interlopers don't make ready pepperspray targets.

A little advice on Pepper Spray.

It works about 15 seconds after its been sprayed.

I would recommend blunt force trauma.

Also if a home invader breaks in with a gun your spray is useless.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It could have been worse advice.

Three steps in dealing with a home invasion.

1.) Use harsh language. They'll feel bad and leave.

2.) Coddle them. They'll see the errors of their ways.

3.) Give em a trophy for 'Trying'. They'll feel special.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join