It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is old enough to remember this? The Never ending Story.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Childhood memories.....

Fire

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

I watched both of the movies recently... I liked them a lot better as a child, lol.

Still, they bring back waves of nostalgia.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I remember it and danced to it asx I am a child/teen of the 60's and the music got us through.

What makes me smile is my youngest son loves my old CD's I walk in and hear him playing them in his room - for me its a hoot.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The song and movie reminds me of ats.. The stars, etc...
Firepiston

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
How about a double blast form the past? I saw Chesney Hawkes sing the Never Ending Story theme song at the Rewind Festival in Perth, Scotland a couple of years ago.

Also saw Adam Ant, ABC, Right Said Fred, and a couple of others I can't remember. Crazy times

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thundersmurf
How about a double blast form the past? I saw Chesney Hawkes sing the Never Ending Story theme song at the Rewind Festival in Perth, Scotland a couple of years ago.

Also saw Adam Ant, ABC, Right Said Fred, and a couple of others I can't remember. Crazy times

Ohh indeed!
Firepiston

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Heh... Well, I do not know when it came out, but I remember seeing it on the television!

The Never Ending Story: For those who like their dragons white and furry!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yes I remember that, [on second thought *SPOILERS ALERT*] there was the dragon/dog, named... Falcore? The kid was Elliot I think. Then there were the sets of statues with lazer beams that would shoot out of its eyes, then later they crumbled apart, then there was an ice version of them I think but they didnt do anything... there was a rock monster, that was friendly, the big muddy hill that was actually a giant turtle, the warrior Atreyu with his horse Artex, then Artex dies in the swamp of sadness or whatever its callled and its the saddest part of the whole movie, then around the year 2000 there was a band named Atreyu I used to listen to,

then there was the black wolf which was the scariest thing in any movie ever pretty much, I loved the old couple he meets before he goes through the giant 200 foot tall statues with lazer beams that come out of their eyes, they would carry on, kind of like, an old couple I guess. Then there was the Ivory Tower, and I used to always call the Eiffel Tower the Ivory Tower for a long time because they sounded the same to my mind as a child so I got them mistaken I guess or maybe I just wanted there to be such thing as an Ivory Tower. I remember around age 11 or 12 it finally clicked for me that "oh ok, this is called the EIFFEL tower...not even that close to IVORY tower.

At the end those kids were so afraid of the dragon with elliot riding it that they jumped into the dumpster, but its ok because they were picking on elliot at the beginning of the movie, and I think elliot ended up in the dumster or something so it was perfect revenge. Then there was the Nothing which was what the whole movie was about, it was the thing everyone was afraid of, but Im still not sure what it really was except that it was like a virus that was spreading everywhere and made everhthing get covered in blackness or fall apart or something... I need to watch that movie as an adult. I barely even remember Part 2 of that movie. And the book. Who could ever forget the book itself, The Neverending Story that Elliot was reading. What an awesome looking book. When I was his age I felt like I always wantsd to go somewhere quiet and read a book. How lucky of him to get to go in the attic of the school and read his book all day long instead of going to class!

Now Ill go watch the video you posted, I just had to get that off my chest. Lol. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Takes me back.....good times

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I have never seen the english version of it, but in german the dragon was Fuchur, the kid was Atreju, the Stone dude was called "Steinbeisser" (Stone-biter), and the Turtle's name is Morla

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Man that brought back some memories

I used to fancy the princess, I was young of course

I always wanted to be a princess' hero

Cody

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'm a 70's child, this is from my childhood.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston
www.youtube.com...

Childhood memories.....

Fire

I loved Neverending Story.

Although I must admit, it haunted me when I was little.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Great movies, was kinda hoping for a link to the movies instead of the music vid but I'll take it. Haven't watched 'em in forever, might have to get em loaded up for nostalgia sakes.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Atreyu...

I was devastated when Atreyu sunk into the mud.

I dreamt about it for a while after... most nights waking up sweating yelling out... "Atreyu... Atreyu!"

great movie but some moments were not so fairy tale happy.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Love the Neverending Story!
I even have a horse named Artex. Lol

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Loved the film and the music when I was a kid

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Exactly why I haven't watched them again...im afraid as an adult it'll ruin it for me....but loved them as a kid.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

That movie was awesome. It reinforced the bibliophillic nature I already possessed at the time while unlocking a story of adventure and authority by a creative mind onto his creation. I still don't know what freaking name they yell at the end though.... such is life. lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Loved that movie as a kid , turns out my 5 year girl loves it too ... classic movie. My son gets scared when the big turtle appears lol but he is 2

top topics

<<   2 >>

join