It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: Could the idea of extraterrestrials be the Great Deception?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: longy9999

GOD is a child that has gained his knowledge by living countless lives through a system that allows him to live a full life as we know it here on earth in just a matter of hours.

While that is an interesting theory, one that I've never heard of before for that matter, again there isn't any evidence whatsoever to back that statement up. Not once in humanities entire history have any of these gods showed up to say hello or even give us a major ass kicking for the way we behave. Curious don't you think?

I think the fundamental problem is that humans need to feel like they are special in some way rather than accept the truth that we are just the same as any other mammal on the planet, albeit a mammal with more intelligence than the other species we share our world with.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You say not once have any gods showed up but what evidence would you accept as to the identy of a god or GOD. One could be reading our post right now and we would not believe. If you look at the story of Jesus he was showing many signs and miracles and still was killed for lack of evidence.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You say not once have any gods showed up but what evidence would you accept as to the identy of a god or GOD. One could be reading our post right now and we would not believe. If you look at the story of Jesus he was showing many signs and miracles and still was killed for lack of evidence.

I would gladly accept any physical evidence of gods existence, sadly at the time of me writing this there is absolutely zero. Only recently was the big bang theory proven to be correct which kind of debunks the whole ''god created the universe in 7 days'' story.

As for jesus, once again there is no evidence that this man even existed, unless of course you believe what was written in a book involving flat Earths, people made from clay and talking snakes. If the bible is evidence of god and jesus's existence then my comic book must mean that spiderman exists too
edit on Saturday201492149999 by longy9999 because: (no reason given)

edit on Saturday201492149999 by longy9999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Trapeze

It would not of course. I am not claiming that ET's would for sure be demons. I am just speculating that demons could present themselves as ET's. Rather or not there are real ET's out there is not what I am getting into at the moment. God may or may not have created other life forms we do not know about.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The big bang was proven? When? How? Did someone get a video of it? If not, it is no more proven than the great flood is proven by geology. We see evidence, but were not there.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikefougnie

The big bang was proven? When? How? Did someone get a video of it? If not, it is no more proven than the great flood is proven by geology. We see evidence, but were not there.

While I'm far from being an expert on the matter the scientists have found the gravitational waves/ripples from the big bang which has all but proven Einsteins original theory of relativity. There's probably more informative posts out there but this is the first one I happened across on the net

failedmessiah.typepad.com...
edi t on Saturday201493149999 by longy9999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

Ok, but why would they materialise themselves as something different than normal human beings?
edit on 13-9-2014 by Trapeze because: grammar

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Be specific. What evidence would make you believe? Do you want people to be healed for you to believe? Do you want correct eq predicts? Anything that could be done would just be claimed to be a gov. psyop. Give me an example of what it would take to convince you.

Think hard about the Jesus story. If they killed him because he was showing signs but they did not believe he was the man then why would they leave any trace of proof for you here today? They would not they would cover up.
edit on 13-9-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Nothing short of the big man himself descending from heaven on a three headed dragon would convince me otherwise in all honestly, I just can't bring myself to believe that such a being could exist.

While no one, including me, can honestly say 100% that god isn't real I still see no logic behind the theory, all I see is stories from a book hundreds of years old that has been re-written and doctored countless times to suit the needs of the religious.

As I said before, humans have this need to feel special or that we have some purpose to be here where in actual fact we are just another animal roaming this planet.

I do however believe that religion serves a purpose in some regards, without the threat of eternal damnation in any particular religions version of hell imagine how many more murderers and maniacs we'd have roaming around, if we knew for certainty that there was no afterlife punishment for bad behaviour I think we would have a big problem on our hands.

It all boils down to the true purpose of religion......control

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well you do have the logic and honesty in your favor. Now please ponder this. Perhaps there is a good reason he does not show himself in some astonishing form but every now and then some get to see but have to keep it on the dl. How do you think your posting would differ from what it is now if you did know for sure but could not convince anyone of what you know? There are some among us that know for sure but taking on the whole world in a battle of fairy tales can be very tasking. I remember one morning it was clear out and no call at all for rain. I took an umbrella with me for some reason and it turned out that i needed it after all. The umbrella really did not change any other aspect of my life until it started to rain. The floods are on the way and an open mind can help. Yes it has flooded before and will again but why not cover your ass just a bit? I am not saying to accept everything but just knowing that everything is possible can get you far.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You are of course correct, in the end I can no more disprove your god as you can prove it to me, it boils down to personal perception. Although I have had my own personal experiences I can't 100% say I have seen an alien yet I believe that they exist, it is the same for you and god. You are quite entitled to believe in god as I am to not believe.

Out of curiosity, what gives you your faith and belief in god? what is it that makes you believe when the scientific evidence we have says otherwise?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Of coarse my expierences that i have gone through in themselves defy scientific explanation. So that will also make them unblievable to most. When i speak of them it just brings up alternate explainations in the mind of the hearer and points one to the direction of me being dullisional. I have been sacrificed in the fires and healed by Jesus. I really have too much evidence to type but i have laid some of it out here on ats in previous threads.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I would never think of anyone religious as being delusional, the difference between myself and you is that you have had your own personal experiences which have led you to believe and I have had none which has lead me to be an atheist. As I have had none of these experience I look at it from a scientific point of view and look at the evidence presented, should one day that evidence be supplied I will be whistling a different tune altogether.

Out of interested, I have a question that I posed to another religious member earlier. As I have mentioned aliens, where do they fit into your personal beliefs? From my knowledge only the people made in gods own image (humans) are granted entry into heaven, what does that mean for e.t?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
How does the Big Bang disprove God? If anything it helps prove he exist. Before people thought the Universe always existed, but the Bible said God created everything. Its quite possible God used the Big Bang, or he was the Big Bang that created the Universe.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IngyBall
How does the Big Bang disprove God? If anything it helps prove he exist. Before people thought the Universe always existed, but the Bible said God created everything. Its quite possible God used the Big Bang, or he was the Big Bang that created the Universe.

While of course there is a chance that you are correct there is no evidence to suggest that a god was involved in the matter. With how much we are progressing with our knowledge of the universe surely we would have found some evidence of his existence by now if he was real.

As I've said before, if the proof arises that this god does in fact exist I'll be the first person to admit I was wrong, until that time though....

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well evidence for you and for me are totally different, you want cold hard in your face evidence. There is a plentiful amount of evidence that he exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IngyBall
Well evidence for you and for me are totally different, you want cold hard in your face evidence. There is a plentiful amount of evidence that he exist.

Evidence is evidence, there's no difference at all:

evidence = the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

I would be very interested at looking into this plentiful amount of evidence you know of if you would kindly point me in the right direction, I have myself looked into this before but sadly found nothing.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The forms that have been come known as grays are just beings like us that are in a different body. The form is used on a level of being that is universal and is used to bring everyone together without being able to recognize eachother based on what they have done on different levels of life like here on earth and other planets. Think of it like existance on a frequency that trancends what we know and see but it is like an airport or train station where people are traveling. So if they were to come here in that form it would mean that they are breaking some rules because they can come here and live but must be born into suits like ours. So in essence they are here just like us and someday we may travel in their form. All i have posted on this comes from a vision where i am in that station and all communication is being done in the mind. I heard someone bragging about something and really ticked the one in the vison off. I have found out later in life that all was dealt with by way of karma.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
One huge amount of evidence to the truth can be found in the technological advances in understanding we have made so far. We are at a point of understanding now that shows we can create everything around us if givin the time to do it. Even the thought of time travel is not out of the question anymore. So givin that it is just a matter of time and resources that everything created could be duplicated then the possibility that this has all been done before greatly increases. Again it is just a matter of time and perspective. The big question is if it is true that our knowledge is increasing and all this is not by chance then right about now things will be greatly controlled or stopped alltogether before we reach to the level of knowing too much because if we were created then chances are someone has a plan and simply just repeating the breakthroughs that may have been done before is probally not what he had in mind.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The forms that have been come known as grays are just beings like us that are in a different body. The form is used on a level of being that is universal and is used to bring everyone together without being able to recognize eachother based on what they have done on different levels of life like here on earth and other planets. Think of it like existance on a frequency that trancends what we know and see but it is like an airport or train station where people are traveling. So if they were to come here in that form it would mean that they are breaking some rules because they can come here and live but must be born into suits like ours. So in essence they are here just like us and someday we may travel in their form. All i have posted on this comes from a vision where i am in that station and all communication is being done in the mind. I heard someone bragging about something and really ticked the one in the vison off. I have found out later in life that all was dealt with by way of karma.

Thank you for your response

While I find generally that people within their own particular religious groups will agree on the basics aliens seem to bring about various different opinions. From what I've seen previously aliens tend to be a bit of a touchy subject within religious circles, mainly due to the fact they could be a more advanced race and could believe in a different god or have proof of another concept altogether which could potentially harm that said religion. I find other peoples opinion on the matter fascinating. Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join