It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACEBOOK demanding Photo I.D to re-access my account? Anyone else?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots
sure ty

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
When is someone going to come up with a better, less invasive product and put these asshats out of business?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Google+?

I've tried it, and I like it. Seems to have all the features of FB + everything else under the sun and none of the FB drama.

Plus it has finer grained controls so that "circles" can be more tightly controlled.

Have you tried it?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Melbourne_Militia

I made it a point to ditch Facebook a long time ago. Same with all things Google. I've always used a pseudonym on "social networking" sites and would never belong to a site that required me to use my real name.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

Is this the latest? Me friends keep telling me I need to be back
on FB...especially to push my web designs on the social media.

It still doesn't feel right to me.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I don't care. I am not manning the wheel anymore so my life stream is not being sucked into it anymore.

And you can "delete" it. Whether or not fb keeps the information is another matter, I'm sure they do.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

There's a difference between what you're explaining and how the data is being used.

What, who and how is the relevancy.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777 and Ektar

Those are the app permissions straight out of the Google Play Store today. I read, can't remember where, that they need to read your SMS to confirm account security; but even so, they can still read it. Everyone should do as they please, but i advise people to stay away from anything that needs access to things like what is needed by FB. Pretty sinister in my mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

You are absolutely correct. They were'nt able to use the data the way they are using it now prior to Google File System (GFS), as far as I know.

I'll just cut to the chase: I think that FB is doing the public a service by gently introducing people to what these systems do, because not only is it what these systems are doing (with our clickstream data) but it is also what we have asked these systems to be for us.

We want the systems to accurately reflect how we feel and accurately reflect back to us what those we are connected with are feeling. There's gonna be some bumps getting there, and FB is doing a good job of shining a light on what they are.

The OP is a case of extreme slipperiness when it comes to his credentials, I'm not surprised FB culled him from the crowd, and I am sure he's not the only one.

I'm one too, but I'm doing what I can to move in the right direction.

We may find that we just have to fundamentally disagree when it comes down to it, I dunno, I still think that the concept of non-repudiation is at the heart of this, it's the way the systems were designed to run, so that they are secure.

Thanks,

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: Stormdancer777
And you can "delete" it. Whether or not fb keeps the information is another matter, I'm sure they do.

Negative.

The only option available is to 'deactivate' your account. The account is then inactive until you log back on. Then it shows up like nothing ever happened. All the private messages, all the photos, every little detail is completely unchanged. Not only is the information saved, but it is saved within a 'profile' template just waiting for the addiction to take hold...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Idt WE do want that. I think big business wants this. I think they want us to want this.

My favorite example is using music videos. I should be able to watch the raunchest videos I choose without my grandmother getting notified of my behavior. I'm not a child dammit!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Okay what is the safest social media if you are advertising
your own work such as web design & want to still retain
your privacy? I thank all of you for being open to this
serious matter. It seems that we keep losing & losing...

I hope at some point we can turn things around.
Thank you for your time.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There is a delete option but it takes up to 14 days for them to review and delete it. Look up how to delete it and a link will be found. I had trouble navigating fb to do it on my phone and the site said it was unavailable when I did find it. Then I googled it and found a link straight to it. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Google? LMAO! Why not the devil?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

hahaha that is brilliant and so much more intelligent than my juvenile attack on facebook haha...well played

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

You can delete it.

Here is the instructions:

www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

That bad?

Honestly, I don't know, I've tried to take a fresh approach to all this stuff to try and, I suppose, assuage my own paranoia concerning it all.

What's so bad about Google?

ETA: No sweat, I'll go check it out myself and see what's what. I realize that I asked you an impossible question. Maybe I'll put my findings in a thread or something.

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

You can delete it.

Here is the instructions:

www.facebook.com...

Ahh! Very nice!

I was trying to delete my account last year and I wasn't able to find those instructions.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yeah, it's easy.

They just hide it away from the general settings and place it in the help section. Annoying.

Either way, just doing my good deed for the day. The more people that leave facebook, the better..lol

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I actually don't use my real name. Perhaps try -- if you really needed to have one for whatever reason -- use your first and middle name. OR, use alternate spellings of your name. I believe people have reported you as being fake -- just an assumption.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join