It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Bridge station evacuated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cant post in breaking news for some reason ,mods please move to breaking alternative news

This is just breaking now. Station is being evacuated . More info will follow

It is the top story the other 2 are from a year a go, sorry for the confusion. It seems someone was making threats and they evacuated.

www.breakingnews.com...

www.dailystar.co.uk...

Looking for more info. Hopefully this turns out to be nothing. Obviously today being the 11th of September security is heightened.
Maybe it was someone joking or making an offensive comment, to evacuate the station there must be some credible threat, no?
Or are we now letting them win by living in fear??

Update

The underground and train station was temporarily shut and travellers were being advised to stay away.

However the situation is now understood to be under control and the busy station is hoping to resume normal service shortly.

At 6.18pm British Transport Police tweeted: "Officers are dealing with an incident at London Bridge.

"A man has been arrested, normal service to resume soon. Further updates to follow."

www.itv.com...

So it seems they have arrested someone, not sure for what yet. Lets hope that is all there is

www.express.co.uk...

They are searching the train in response to the mans threats.

Ok update. All clear, Nothing found man arrested..

twitter.com...

edit on 11-9-2014 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Police carry out controlled explosion on "suspicious bag" at London Bridge station

My ex wifes in London just now....Fingers Crossed

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: maythetruthbeknown

A suspect package been exploded, three people been taken ill to hospital? odd

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It says three people have been taken "unwell" and they're being treated by emergency services.

What was this? They performed a controlled demolition, a man made threats.

Could something have been in the package? Keeping an eye on the "3 people who have taken unwell".

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: oxford

Sorry for the confusion if you look at the time stamp That incident is a year ago. Apparently f this is someone making threats and they evacuated. Looking for more info now

link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Police carry out controlled explosion on "suspicious bag" at London Bridge station

My ex wifes in London just now....Fingers Crossed

DAMN YOU!!! You just made me spit tea all over my keyboard! LOL!

Rev

link   

originally posted by: oxford

A suspect package been exploded, three people been taken ill to hospital? odd

Shock maybe.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Several posts on Twitter mention a "man with a gun on London Bridge".

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If it was serious, BBC News would have been all over it.

The Daily Star is a trash news tabloid (that over sensationalises) with more boobs in it than the Sun newspaper...dunno what that breaking news site is.

Until I see a better source, I'll just assume someone jumped over the gate in the station without paying and people over reacted, they do that, especially the police.

Also, to add, I'm pretty sure blowing up suspicious bags/packages is standard procedure these days, regardless.
edit on 11/9/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This seems to be a mix of reports about a current event and another incident a while ago.

The suspect package and controlled detonation do not appear to refer to the current event. Not sure about the people taken to hospital, but again I think that was a previous event.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I get how controlled explosions on suspicious packages can be standard procedure, but how can they be sure that the package doesn't involve something that the explosion could spread? Biological/Nuclear/Chemical?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

A controlled explosion (of that type) isn't an explosion as you would think, they essentially try and blow away the detonator and leave the main explosive intact.

edit on 11/9/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1
I get how controlled explosions on suspicious packages can be standard procedure, but how can they be sure that the package doesn't involve something that the explosion could spread? Biological/Nuclear/Chemical?

I've always wondered that as well. I assume they would check it out first - but if they had checked it out, why would they carry on and blow it up anyway?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Some Twitter posts are now claiming LB has been given an all-clear.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: Badgered1

A controlled explosion (of that type) isn't an explosion as you would think, they essentially try and blow away the detonator and leave the main explosive intact.

Ahh. That makes sense. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Because everyone likes to blow shizz up, just for the helluva it

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

ok thanks that really was confusing!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Some Twitter posts are now claiming LB has been given an all-clear.

Ok good... London Bridge not falling down.
Hope all is well and folks are safe.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Is it weird that when I did a google search, I found nothing related to this incident? Are they trying to hide this from the world?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk
I agree it is not a news paper to read to get the news. However they were the 1st to report it. Then ITN then the Express. Nothing on BBC as of yet. Apparently they arrested someone making threats and are searching the train. Hopefully it is nothing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join