It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Urges Preparations for Troops to Occupy NYC & Other “Megacities”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Did you read your link?

It makes perfect sense to me especially when you factor in rising populations, food/water shortages as well as climate change and natural disasters which are on the rise.

This does remind me of the first CTer I met who told me back in the early 90's to watch out for the Un forces to be boots or helmets on the ground here in the states and for our troops to be outsourced to other countries.

It will be dangerous for our forces not to open this discussion and create protocols for crowd control in major or mega cities.

The logistics for opening roads for emergency transportation units, food and medical supplies is overwhelming in mega cities.

The horror of this is not an American future but a global one. And the worst case scenario would be that in the event of a huge incident, there would be no infrastructure in place and a repeat of the botched human aid efforts in places like:

Katrina/Louisiana-
Indian Ocean Hurricane/Tsunami
Haiti Earthquake
Countless other earthquakes, hurricanes, cyclones, volcanoes, avalanches, mudslides, dust storms and other disasters where no real order happened to save lives in the immediate aftermath and in some cases ever because of a severe lack of preparedness and oversight.

To name just a very few...

This was a good read, one that is only disturbing when you think about how denial has lead the way so far for humanitarian aid, where civil unrest happened because there was no pre-planning to get the supplies and aid to the population and they instead took a form of lawlessness into play to save their own family, friends, neighbors and themselves because bureaucracy kept warehouses filled long after people perished for lack of the most basic of needs.

Did you read your link in the OP? I ask because it clearly states that this is a regional issue meaning US, but a global one when the reality of the mega cities continue to expand and grow, those numbers were staggering in the report between now and 2025.

I think they are on the right track by at least opening the possibility of training for the troops who WILL be sent in ready or not. Would you rather your Brother, Sister, Father, Mother, Friend, go into a chaotic situation with no training or at least with what knowledge they can? As the report stated, nothing is certain.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The military and police are abusive murderers. You trust them to do the right thing?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Regular Army and active duty Marine units have been deployed on the streets of a major American city within the past twenty odd years--Los Angeles--during the 1992 LA riots, thus a contemporary example of their use in such an instance does exist. That said, I disagree with the context for use of federal troops on US soil as discussed in the Army report quoted by the OP, and offer a couple of snippets from this after action study of Federal and National Guard troops during the LA riots: Combat in Cities: The LA Riots and Operation Rio

From the linked study:

By the time the federalization took effect, 4,000 Guard troops were already on the street supporting the LAPD and the Los Angeles Sheriff's Office (LASO).16 Ultimately, the Guard deployed 10,465 troops that were subsumed by Joint Task Force-Los Angeles Headquarters. JTF-LA was put together by the Regular Army's U.S. Forces Command in Atlanta which assigned 2,023 troops from the 7th Infantry Division and 1,508 Marines from Camp Pendleton. This was not much of an increase, but it was enough to put a federal officer in charge.

Once federalized under JTF-LA, the Guard was about 80 percent less responsive supporting law enforcement agencies.17 The reason was the Posse Comitatus Act, which has direct consequences for federal military forces.18 The Act's intent is to exclude the regular military forces (authorized under Title 10, U.S.Code) from domestic police activities. It does not apply to National Guard troops operating under the command of a State Governor

The Joint Task Force chain of command required that law enforcement agency requests for assistance be subjected to a test to determine whether the requested assignment was a law enforcement or a military function. Regular military officers were concerned with breaking the law by being involved in law enforcement activities (although they were under a Presidential Order to restore law and order).20 This was an unnecessary constraint because the Posse comitatus Act does not necessarily apply in cases of "a sudden and unexpected civil disturbance, disaster, or calamity . . ."

In essence, federalization of the counter-riot effort resulted from the civilian leadership's lack of confidence in the California National Guard (CNG) and was reinforced by problems of military-police coordination and logistics mix-ups early during the riots. Also initially, the county emergency operations system had trouble directing troop employment and providing current information to the civic leaders. If federalization was a mistake, then it did not much matter because the worst rioting was finished by the time Federal officials took charge.

The "Arming Order" given by Joint Task Force-Los Angeles Commander Major General Marvin L. Covault, an active component officer, has been described as problematic by the CNG Field Commander, Major General James D. Delk. The Guard had been on the streets of Los Angeles fully armed (Arming Order 5, AO-5) and demonstrating fire discipline and restraint under fire for about four days when the Federal troop commander arrived on the scene and ordered that they sling arms and put away their ammunition (AO 1). (And Marine units were to go on the street in units no smaller than platoon size.) According to General Delk:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

The patriot act opened the door and events like Ferguson, Bundy Ranch, etc. let them in.

Of course they can say this is in everyone's best interest, just like they've proven time and time again. I feel very sad at the moment. I've never been in jail or any real trouble, but I'm starting to feel the oppression creeping it's way in.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe

Thank you for posting all that.

The laws governing all this are tricky and for sake of misquoting or misinterpreting and looking like an idiot I'll leave that to more versed minds such as yourself.

To some of the other posters I know what it says and I too think at crucial times we need military assisstance, but the timing and the language of this has me alarmed. As someone stated earlier and I've heard many times before on this subject, it's a slippery slope. If this was for our benefit where is the MSM on this? Oh yeah, Rice punched a girl!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Amerika.

Land Of The Free, Home of the Oppressed.

Welcome to the 21st century boys and girls.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Such emanations are clear indications that that the de -facto ruling elite are concerned that the established rule of order is under threat - mainly due to the fact that the existing political and economic system predominant in the so called First World can no longer guarantee the provision of the minimum necessities required to maintain the cooperation and voluntary participation of the middle and lower classes in the system of control and governance that has been engineered following the end of WW 2.
The realization that the system can no longer offer the expectation of security of employment, increase in standards of living and the real prospect of a better prospect for future generations has gradually taken hold amongst the average citizen.
This realization is merely a repetition of previous deductions of the non-elite population strata in society during historic times of turmoil, ie, the English Civil War, the American War of Independence, the French Revolution, the Russian Revolution etc, and right up to the movements for independence amongst residual colonial dominions during the 20th century.
The difference between now and then however is the fact that the present day non-elite, or petites bourgeoisie and sans culottes in other terms, are now highly educated and aware of their ability to engineer a political and economic system which would truly provide for the needs of the global population in a manner never seen before. The scientific resources available to mankind are now capable of ensuring a meaningful and enjoyable life to every individual on this planet if the greed factor was removed. Unfortunately, there are still some who believe that they are entitled to live a life of obscene luxury by divine right and that the protection of this lifestyle of luxury yachts and a never ending round of partying justifies the protective planning of military suppression of the masses.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well looks like we've taken care of our unemployment problem

IF the US military needs to be in all the megacities, then we're going to have to triple up our forces over the next decade.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That word "MegaCity" always makes me think of Judge Dredd:

en.wikipedia.org...

Mega-City One's laws are harsh, with many crimes not found in present-day law. Possession of sugar, for example, is illegal, as is the smoking of tobacco outside of licensed Smokatoriums, and coffee is banned as an illegal stimulant.

... the Insurrection serials give the Special Judicial Service its own space fleet and armed force to stamp out rebellions. From "The Cursed Earth" onwards, the city's armed forces have usually been presented as a branch of the Judges ("Judge-Troopers").

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Has anyone asked why we need this?

During 9/11 I watched 1,000's a people walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, not running, screaming - walking across a bridge during one of the most intense days I can remember.

During Katrina I didn't see rioting and looting, I saw people in despair and in need of water, supplies and medical attention.

In Ferguson's event yes there was rioting and looting by a small band of opportunists. But what happened next, protestors, reporters, even some politicians were caught on the wrong side met by snipers and a fully equipped army of police.

This is America not some random desert location or African war zone. Why do we need this type of plan if we met one of the greatest attacks on US soil with civility and decorum?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It's not about the US, it's about global problems, and NYC is the only megacity in the US mentioned.

If you didn't "see" any looting or rioting in New Orleans post Katrina, you weren't really watching.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
"Political uprisings" that "challenge State authority" or "illicit networks" applies to cities all over the world, but here in the US none of those vehicles for change are legitimate ones.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Come on now. Were you all fooled into thinking anything but "Might Equals Right"? You will do what the entity with the most goons and the most guns tells you to do. Forget your "rights" and "laws" and especially your "Constitution". All a fairytale. All tricks and illusions to keep you docile and thinking you ever had a choice. And you fell for it.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
Has anyone asked why we need this?

During 9/11 I watched 1,000's a people walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, not running, screaming - walking across a bridge during one of the most intense days I can remember.

During Katrina I didn't see rioting and looting, I saw people in despair and in need of water, supplies and medical attention.

In Ferguson's event yes there was rioting and looting by a small band of opportunists. But what happened next, protestors, reporters, even some politicians were caught on the wrong side met by snipers and a fully equipped army of police.

This is America not some random desert location or African war zone. Why do we need this type of plan if we met one of the greatest attacks on US soil with civility and decorum?

Because Ante -- at the time we and the kids weren't hungry
or flirting with homelessness to a sizable percentage. There
also weren't deliberate death blows by the elites to every
element of our infrastructure and government- although the
9/11 attacks enabled legislation to be passed making the latter
a reality.
Finally it isn't Africa--- but you are right about every steering
paper the elites have written in the last 50, maybe 70 years...
America is being set up and prepared to be turned into a war
zone.
The greatest attack on US soil will be from our forces.
Count on it.
EDIT:
One of Bruce Willis' more unlikeable characters to this reader
was a Major General coming in to clean up Dodge in The Siege.
That flick's starting to look more like an op ed every week...

edit on 9-9-2014 by derfreebie because: ... in time for the Playoffs...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This has been a historical mission of the militarty. It is only in the last couple decades the US military has completely lost its domestic role. Through out US history troops have been put into cities to put down riots etc. It is only recently such things have been thought of as not a role for the military. However a in large city local and state resources simply would be unable to handle things is some sort of disaster. Even the National Guard has neglected that party of its mission. So for those of you who think this is something new? Time to pick up some Amercian History books.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Haha. It seems the banksters and wall street trash is getting nervous. The military will not be able to stop people from prying their bunkers open. But lets get real. Most of them will be out on the first flight to Tel Aviv.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Good, who wants them filthy Occupiers or whatever comes after them taking over cities and lowering quality of life for all by disrupting key infrastructure and distribution of essentials in their quest to fulfill their dear communist manifesto.
They plan for all eventualities whatever the times suggest, it is their duty.

Turning the military loose on American citizens to protect the status quo? Sounds like the kind of country I want to live in. Here are mein papers, sir.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PREDEVpersona

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Good, who wants them filthy Occupiers or whatever comes after them taking over cities and lowering quality of life for all by disrupting key infrastructure and distribution of essentials in their quest to fulfill their dear communist manifesto.
They plan for all eventualities whatever the times suggest, it is their duty.

Turning the military loose on American citizens to protect the status quo? Sounds like the kind of country I want to live in. Here are mein papers, sir.

The Constitution is the status quo.
Not some communist led junta or religious extremist power grab.
For those wishing for an Arab Spring in the US, keep dreaming.

(post by PLAYERONE01 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Time to pick up some Amercian History books.

I find non-fiction to be a little more credible personally .

Thanks to educational propaganda AKA 'history', most of us don't have a clue as to whats really happening.

College textbooks present war and revolution as more or less accidental results of conflicting forces. The decay of political negotiation into physical conflict comes about, according to these books, after valiant efforts to avoid war. Unfortunately, this is nonsense. War is always a deliberate creative act by individuals.

Western textbooks also have gigantic gaps. For example, after World War II the Tribunals set up to investigate Nazi war criminals were careful to censor any materials recording Western assistance to Hitler. By the same token, Western textbooks on Soviet economic development omit any description of the economic and financial aid given to the 1917 Revolution and subsequent economic development by Western firms and banks.

Revolution is always recorded as a spontaneous event by the politically or economically deprived against an autocratic state. Never in Western textbooks will you find the evidence that revolutions need finance and the source of the finance in many cases traces back to Wall Street.

America's Secret Establishment

Consequently it can be argued that our Western history is every bit as distorted, censored and largely useless as that of Hitler's Germany or the Soviet Union or Communist China. No Western foundation will award grants to investigate such topics, few Western academics can "survive" by researching such theses, and certainly no major publisher will easily accept manuscripts reflecting such arguments.

In fact, there is another largely unrecorded history and it tells a story quite different than our sanitized textbooks. It tells a story of the deliberate creation of war, the knowing finance of revolution to challenge governments, and the use of conflict to create a New World Order.

We will show that the purpose of The Order is to create a new synthesis, a New World Order along Hegelian lines, where the State is the Absolute and the individual can find freedom only in blind obedience to the State.

Created Conflict and the Dialectic Process

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join