It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20/20 The Life and Death of Robin Williams Special Full Episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I think the news of Robin taking his own life was a shock to many of us. I thought I'd post this video on his life for those who may have missed it when it aired.

I had been a Robin Williams fan ever since I first saw him appear on the campy TV show Happy Days. Loved his movies and awesome appearances on other shows....

“20/20” celebrates the life of Robin Williams, the comedic genius whose death yesterday stunned a nation. “The Life and Death of Robin Williams” updates viewers with the latest news on his untimely death, delve into the unanswered questions, and celebrates the many faces and voices that entertained us all. Anchored by David Muir, the hour special features reporting from Juju Chang and Chris Connelly, as well as Barbara Walters’ memories of the man she interviewed several times over the years.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A truly talented comedian and actor and amazing human being. Robin is missed and will be loved forever.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I liked his stuff, too. Over the years, he made me laugh harder than just about anyone.

20/20 is too main stream for me. Especially Ba Ba Wa Wa. They are just padding their nest with his fame

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Let's consider Robin Williams as a simple soul who was defeated by the horror that is clinical depression.

Consider for one moment a reality that is unbearable;

Unbearable. Depression is not depression.

Those who take their lives simply seek an end to the horror.

Please realize that clinical depression is an insidious sorrow.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
how does this thread only have one flag? c'mon ats, show some love!

forgot to flag, now its two. COME ON!
edit on 9-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Agreed

I suffer from it and it is no walk in the park. Some days you just feel dead, but on others, you just move around in a miserable fog, all while trying to put out a happy front. It takes me a while to remember that Robin Williams is gone, but i hope he's killi'n it wherever afterlife he's enjoying
a reply to: Diderot

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I liked some of the movies he did but I don't know the man, he could have been good, great or a rotten soul, I don't see how people can believe they know strangers. Committing suicide shows he was hiding his true self inside, whoever he was really I feel sad for the pain he went through.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Slayer thanks for posting this, I did miss it, wasn't even aware that this tribute had been done.

Robin Williams was one of my all time favorite comedians, no one has ever made me laugh like he could. I will miss him as much as anyone who loved his antics. I remember a Mork and Mindy episode, that he had me laughing so hard I could not stop, literally could not stop laughing and ended up crying and laughing, I think my husband thought I'd gone around the bend. No comedian has ever made me experience that.

RIP Robin

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

I liked some of the movies he did but I don't know the man, he could have been good, great or a rotten soul, I don't see how people can believe they know strangers. Committing suicide shows he was hiding his true self inside, whoever he was really I feel sad for the pain he went through.

i appreciate what i saw of the man. thats enough for me.

and this:

Robin Williams was one of my all time favorite comedians, no one has ever made me laugh like he could. I will miss him as much as anyone who loved his antics. I remember a Mork and Mindy episode, that he had me laughing so hard I could not stop, literally could not stop laughing and ended up crying and laughing, I think my husband thought I'd gone around the bend. No comedian has ever made me experience that.

thanks for sharing that 2manyholes. its important to remember the things that make us human and robin williams was a dab hand at that.
edit on 9-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Consider that actors are people who are constantly recorded through every age of their life, and just by clicking on Youtube, watching the news or any channel, they are likely to see themselves in a past life. That must be very emotional if they are in their senior years.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Consider that actors are people who are constantly recorded through every age of their life, and just by clicking on Youtube, watching the news or any channel, they are likely to see themselves in a past life. That must be very emotional if they are in their senior years.

Very true, watching yourself age in such a way would be difficult. But it is just wrong to think we know these people in any way we hardly know those closest to us and we make judgements based on how funny someone is or what character they play in movies.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Its so sad that he took his own life especially considering the joy he brought too millions of lives! I watched his most recent movie the angriest man in brooklyn the other night and its sad he dies in the movie but what even sadder is in some parts you can see it was raw emotion he wasn't acting he generally did feel the feelings that he had the task of acting out in the movie. So surreal that while watching it he actually was dead it was sad
no one makes funnier movies than him! Or ones that pull at the heart strings like he did!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Not sure if you've heard, but it turns out he had diffuse Lewy body dementia. This somehow makes it all even sadder and yet better at the same time.

[Source]

top topics

join