It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force One flew over me while on approach to Scott AFB.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hello all I hope this is the right forum.

I had a pretty interesting, or what I think is an interesting occurrence today. I would like to know if anybody has, or can find any information about my experience with Air Force One flying directly overhead of me while traveling west bound on I 64 today at approximately 4:35 pm today.

I am always travelling past Scott AFB just east of St Louis MO. I have seen many aircraft come and go, but never AF1.

I noticed a plane coming in on an approach that didnt look military. As I was waiting for the plane to clear the tree line as I was heading west, I finally got a really good look at her. She flew directly overhead of me, landing gear down and slowing.

Now I know that alot will say big deal, or whatever, but I have never seen the plane in real life up close and pretty personal, kind of freaky really.

My question is , does anyone have any info on what was going on? I tried to look at the Whitehouse schedule but it doesnt list any functions for today, nothing on google when I searched.

Just curious as to what was going on, she might of just needed fuel, or the Pres wanted an Imo's pizza or something.

Anyways I thought it was pretty cool and thought I would post my story.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've seen her a couple of times, and it's an interesting experience. Especially when you know the POTUS is on board. A bit like star-struck trainspotting.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That would make me sit up and take notice too. I guess you were close enough that you could clearly see the markings?

I have seen AF1 fly into Dallas and into Houston, and it is freaky cause everything gets really quiet...no other planes, at least commercial planes around.

In this day and time you just never know what that could be all about.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've witnessed Air Force One and Marine One a couple times each. Like you said, it's kinda freaky and VERY surreal.

On your topic, no clue. I tried searching Google News for any mention of "Obama" and "Scott AFB" together, but could find nothing relevant.

Keep your eyes open when you're back in that area!

Edit to add: it is the location for the USAF Air Mobility Command, who would be the ones coordinating much of the effort for air drops in the ME in relation to ISIS. My new guess: something to do with that. Perhaps the POTUS was meeting with some of the top brass there to discuss details of his announcement due in a couple days on our new "strategy".
edit on 9-9-2014 by gatorboi117 because: Found a new clue

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
I saw AF1 pretty dang close back when Clinton was president. It landed at the Air Force base my step dad was stationed at and he took me to go see it probably around 12-1AM at night.

The plane was all by itself on the tarmac, nothing was remotely close to it. The whole area it sat is was lit up like daylight by numerous flood lights and there was military looking guys standing literally shoulder to shoulder in a complete unbroken circle around the entire aircraft just kind of staring ahead. Imagine how many soldiers that was. I've never seen anything like that and will always remember it. I knew they took security very seriously but not like that.

I don't know if they were doing extra security or what but I couldn't believe how many people they had just standing there like that. I thought maybe they'd be a little more advanced and low key but I guess doing it that way makes it as impossible as could be to try anything sneaky.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
With what's been going on in Ferguson and the governor calling out the National Guard, it wouldn't surprise me if there is some sort of conference going on.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

It's entirely possible that Obama was not on the plane. They might have been doing a training flight, or shuttling dignitaries or VIPs.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
damn, never knew you guys actually cared.

you're actually impressed over that crap? lol... I'm trully amazed... seriously. Here in europe we dont give a damn who the hell is flying what plane at any given moment... it can be the pope, the AF1 or godhimself, we couldnt care less - but you guys actually notice that #... wow! lol nice.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I was in Silicon Valley when Clinton visited the area. Heard a jet fly over, then AF-1 and another jet around midnight.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have heard Scott AFB has a nice golf course..............

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Back in the 80s, when I lived in Macomb County near Detroit, the president would visit the local community college. The house I lived in had the biggest yard in the area and air force one would use it as a landmark. My 2nd story back window was a perfect spot to use a RPG. They passed over about 3 times when I lived there and never was there any security except at the college.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wait, was it the President or just the dog?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I have heard Scott AFB has a nice golf course..............

Nice Gym too...

join