It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the TV show "Killer Contact" get a real confession?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Last year, I was watching a TV show called "Killer Contact" for fun - the aim being to talk to ghosts of infamous killers, or victims of them.

If you have not seen the show and are interested in seeing it without spoilers, please do not read further.

The episode in question was about Jack the Ripper, an infamously unsolved serial killing spree. It was a pretty good episode, too - very creepy. There were some dumb parts, though - the "roleplayer" bit was rather silly.

However, in that episode, they got a pretty clear response as to who the perpetrator was from the investigation: Aaron Kosminski. The expert that they spoke to during the show indicated at the end of the show that he felt that this suspect was also the killer.

Now, DNA testing rather suggests might be the case:

"The first strand of DNA showed a 99.2 per cent match, as the analysis instrument could not determine the sequence of the missing 0.8 per cent fragment of DNA. On testing the second strand, we achieved a perfect 100 per cent match.

Because of the genome amplification technique, I was also able to ascertain the ethnic and geographical background of the DNA I extracted. It was of a type known as the haplogroup T1a1, common in people of Russian Jewish ethnicity. I was even able to establish that he had dark hair.

Now that it’s over, I’m excited and proud of what we’ve achieved, and satisfied that we have established, as far as we possibly can, that Aaron Kosminski is the culprit. "

So what do you think?
Did the show get it right by luck, by logic, or by paranormal means?
edit on 13Sun, 07 Sep 2014 13:24:13 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: clarification & link to jack the ripper

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Interestingly, Kosminksi is almost universally dismissed as a real suspect as he has no connection to the murders. But here we have a team who believes it’s Kosminski admitting to the murders from well beyond the grave. Where does that leave us?

Maybe...I usually view those shows as staged and exploiting something. But this is interesting. S + F

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was actually looking for this earlier today as I thought it was him they identified but couldn't be sure so thanks!

Personally I thought the show was pretty cringeworthy and probably fake but after this you never know...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeee I have theese on record I love paranormal whitness, ghost hunters, but ye this killer contact did seem a bit staged. I have mostly watched just this first one in question so far about jack the ripper, I thought the part were they got the portraits of the suspects with copper wire and recorder and tried to get the woman's spirit to pick one was quite a clever idea! That part was good but i think she just responded no to both, im not sure I remember watching the rest about this DNA il have to watch again I remember alot of general evidence pointing to one guy who fled or something...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If I wanted to make money on a fake paranormal show I would take a real case, take the best plausible and/or most interesting suspect, and claim that they were the culprit. And people would look into it and believe I had powers.

If I was to say, channel the Zodiac killer right now, I would speak in a different voice and say "I am Henning Laghies immortal officer of the Luftwaffe!" and people would eat that up! brb pitching show idea

new topics

top topics

join