It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland Wants to Join Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Well the nonsense in Ukraine came because of Russia. Our response to the non sense in Ukraine is because of Russia.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
It is not weird for Finland to join Russia someday. It may happen by 2022.

I don't suppose it will be by choice if it does happen...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
LOL!

One of the first things I learned after moving here was Finns hate the Russians, Swedes, and the EU. Although, to be fair, their hatred of the Swedes appears to be more tongue-in-cheek than serious. They are indeed still very sore over the loss of Karelia.

My husband says this Johan Beckman is on the Russian Payroll.

Incidentally, since Putin told the EU to get bent we now have Putin Butter! And cheese, and other dairy products that were meant for Russia now trying to be sold here at cheap prices.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
a reply to: _Del_

The Russians are far more truthful compared to West right now.

It is not weird for Finland to join Russia someday. It may happen by 2022.

Is that when Russia will invade? Because considering Russia has had to use force to keep others from leaving its sphere of influence and that nations tied to Russia remain mired in poverty, instability and domination by Russia, no nation has nor will be joinng Russia of its own free will.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

Wow, that is possibly one of the dumbest things I have heard in a while and I do mean it... This article at first made my chuckle, but the fact that someone actually believes it makes me sad...

If you knew even anything about Finnish culture or the nation overally, you would know that the rather the hell freeze over than Finns made a voluntary decision of joining Russia. Despite the somewhat neutral position on NATO, generally Russia as a country is not considered a "friend", but rather a possible enemy due to the history with them.

Besides that, Finns life-standards are already among the highest in the world, superior to Russia, whichever aspect we take.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

Johan Bäckman, he definitely is. He and couple others actually, one of the shady persons is also Jon Hellevig, a lawyer who has a law firm in Russia and is one of the founders of interbank which was part of the economic crime tangle back in 1990 with Uoti (who was convicted). Both Bäckman and Hellevig are very loudly prorussian and spread false information and propaganda. Bäckman is worse of these two, but more silent one Hellevig can be equally dangerous if not more. Bäckman also was one of the so called neutral election monitors which Russia asked to observe Crimea elections. We all know what happened there.
Johan Bäckman blog ( you need translator as it is in finnish ) Link
and
Hellevigs webpage ( in english ) Link not as much propaganda but don´t let it fool you.

edit on 9-9-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
Incidentally, since Putin told the EU to get bent we now have Putin Butter! And cheese, and other dairy products that were meant for Russia now trying to be sold here at cheap prices.

More proof that the sanctions against Russia are not hurting Russia but instead devastating the EU countries!!

[/sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Finland is more likely to invade Russia than joining them. And they'd probably do pretty good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join