It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satanism real & are Satanist like lawyers(liars)??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Well, it depends. You have allegorical satanists like those out of NY and LA that follow Peter Gilmore or Blanch Barton and the shadow of Anton LaVey, or you have Temple of the Black Goat type Satanists. I'd avoid the later, they are far worse than Christians in my experience.

Luciferians generally aren't bad people. They too are allegorical, although they aren't objectivist atheists like modern day Satanists, and they embrace the adversary as a light bringer who is here to somehow save humankind. While I don't like messiah cults, at least they are hoping for a brighter future.

If humankind wants to find a savior it need only look into a mirror. Personally, I think the very idea of the messiah is a test. Will we wait around for some hero to come and save us or will we solve our own problems?
edit on 5-9-2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
a reply to: DarknStormy

I believe in the 1000 year reign of Christ, the messianic age, and I believe we have already had enough wars to fulfill prophecy. Maybe my hope is premature, but it is this faith that keeps me at peace while the rest of the world is on fire.

Well that's great to here... Because what ever does happen isn't worth worrying about anyway. If we all meet a pre-mature death, it was meant to be and nothing can change that, if we live till we are 120, it was meant to be also.. Maybe we are even here for a bigger reason than the generations before us and we don't know yet or maybe tptb are just doing a really good job of scaring the sh*t out of people. But only God knows in the end and we shouldn't live in fear at any stage of our lives even when it looks your straight in the eye.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

If humankind wants to find a savior it need only look into a mirror. Personally, I think the very idea of the messiah is a test. Will we wait around for some hero to come and save us or will we solve our own problems?

I agree with you here. If you remove the law and ritual from the sacred texts they all say salvation comes from within. In this they all agree.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
They are a sophisticated cult who have people in very high positions in society and really couldn't care about an invisible entity but more about control on this planet and the self at any cost..

That could also describe many religious followers on this planet.

Not all liars are Satanist but all Satanist believe in what is not visible

Again, the same could be said of any religion.

I think it's interesting how religious followers think their religion is the only true one and the others are "cults".

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I believe in all the sacred religious texts. I adhere to no cult. I know how to read and understand metaphors. So if you think I am pushing any of man's religion over another you would be mistaken.

Every sacred text speaks of the Holy Spirt. A devine law that is within, written on the heart of man. This is what I follow. I believe they were all prophets who found salvation from within.

It is possible to believe Jesus is who he claimed and still believe Mohammed was a prophet.

edit on 5-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

That could also describe many religious followers on this planet.

I couldn't agree more, there are many religious folk who are in the game for their own benefits.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Even Islam subscribes to Jesus being the true Messiah... Though the two have somewhat different versions, they both predict the same ending with the same outcome. Islam also promotes the Gospels to be studied..
edit on 5-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

Satanists are just another cult that believes in an invisible entity. No different from Christians in their insanity, just with different codes of ethics.

That is a way to put it. But to say no different, I have to disagree. Those who believe in the prophets who teach the Holy Spirit are not likely to perform human sacrifice.

any kind of blood sacrifice is repulsive and crude. whether it be cow, lamb, or human. and many blood sacrifices have been made in the name of Yahweh.
edit on 5-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I agree with you here. If you remove the law and ritual from the sacred texts they all say salvation comes from within. In this they all agree.

no. we have no strength or power in ourselves, but are saved only by the grace of god. is that not what they say at funerals? they do at the ones i have attended. salvation is not our gift to ourselves. according to lore. i beg to differ but thats not the point.
edit on 5-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Iamthatbish

That would be called reality. No psychological course necessary to know that demons only exist in the minds of the clinically insane.

I'm staying with wow. I'll even increase it to wowsers.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

no. we have no strength or power in ourselves, but are saved only by the grace of god. is that not what they say at funerals? they do at the ones i have attended. salvation is not our gift to ourselves. according to lore. i beg to differ but thats not the point.

Luke 17:20-21 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

We are saved by God's love, Grace, if he didn't love us how could any of us hope for anything. The Koran also teaches God loves us, so does the OT, PLATO, the Vedas, and many other texts.

The Holy Spirit is within, that is where salvation comes from, and all the texts agree on this also. Buddah explained this in the simplest terms as far as I can tell.

The Holy Spirit is the strength and power of God and it is within.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

That would be called reality. No psychological course necessary to know that demons only exist in the minds of the clinically insane.

Do you believe I'm incorrect? Do you think demons and demonic possessions are real, and not a form of insanity?

I know you have had problems with a few of my other posts, but I have no idea what you are getting at in this post. So far you have made no point that I can see.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I believe in all the sacred religious texts. I adhere to no cult. I know how to read and understand metaphors. So if you think I am pushing any of man's religion over another you would be mistaken.

Every sacred text speaks of the Holy Spirt. A devine law that is within, written on the heart of man. This is what I follow. I believe they were all prophets who found salvation from within.

It is possible to believe Jesus is who he claimed and still believe Mohammed was a prophet.

Now wait, if you believe in all the sacred religious texts then how does that jibe with what you just stated about your beliefs in Satan and demons? According to the sacred religious texts of the world, they exist.

So, do they exist but are not able affect people here, but again, that doesn't jibe with the sacred texts of the world ...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I was only talking about the insaniites that people bring upon themselves. My mother suffers from schizophrenia, and she doesn't believe in demons either. I am well aware other types of mental illness exist. But that is not the point of this thread.

Or are you suggesting demons are real?

If you believe in god why is it so hard to believe that demons exist? Are you saying that people who don't believe in the bible are "insane" because that's what it sounds like.

There is balance in the universe, everything really, some examples:
• good/evil
• yin/yang
• as above/so below

As far as your mention of "insanity" and people bringing it upon themselves, you stated:

So from a strictly logical view demon possession is not real and the one who believes stuffers from a type of insanity.

Then why is it that the Catholic Church performs exorcisms? What about the natural balance of good/evil. Don't Christians believe that Satan exists? I thought he was a fallen angel?

A modern pope gets old school on the Devil

May 5, 2014 The annual Exorcism and Prayer for Liberation conference in Rome drew about 200 participants — most of them priests and nuns — from more than two dozen nations.
Exorcists say that Pope Francis has become their new champion in the face of modern skeptics, many of them within the Catholic faith.

See also:
Exorcism in the Catholic Church

How can we know it's insanity and not real? The bible claims that when someone worships demons God gives them over to a depraved mind, hardening their hearts, so they can no longer recognize nor be led by the Holy Spirit.

What does that have do do with the definition of insanity?

in·san·i·ty
inˈsanitē/
noun
the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

Just because someone doesn't share the same faith and religion you practice, that doesn't make them "insane." Nor does it have anything at all to do with schizophrenia!

God gave us freewill. Choosing a life that is against God will lead to insanity. This is God's righteous law.

We all have our own free will but choosing a faith or religion that doesn't include Christianity doesn't make someone insane.

When I read your argument, this is the impression I'm getting from it: if someone doesn't practice Christianity, they're insane. That's not true, at all. All it means is that someone believes something differently than how you interpret your own faith/religion.
edit on 5-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Since you asked...

1. Posting single passages from the Bible is incorrect form. The correct way would be to post all times a specific topic comes up. Multiple passages will sometimes contradict each other. That's not even including what the other ancient texts have to say.

2. Biblical scholars don't even agree on the meaning of some of the passages that don't contradict. Posting multiple views of the same passage also helps a person understand WHAT IT MEANS TO THEM.

3. The supernatural can be measured. You don't have to trust a person anecdotes anymore. Therefore saying its in someone's mind doesn't make sense.

4. I enjoy the discussion, I may disagree with you but, trust me when I say I forget that it was you specifically rather quickly.

Some of the replies you received were not too very kind but, were much kinder than I'm capable of. I have no interest on arguing your beliefs. You want to use citations such as "life". Would you prefer I go the route we see all to often and belittle you for lack of evidence?!

There are many threads in the religious forum that I enjoy learning from even if I disagree with the view of the poster. Your post is more a rant. Its all your view on the bible. I don't believe in the bible.

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Do you believe I'm incorrect? Do you think demons and demonic possessions are real, and not a form of insanity?

I know you have had problems with a few of my other posts, but I have no idea what you are getting at in this post. So far you have made no point that I can see.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The religious texts say that our flesh has desires contrary to the Holy Spirit within. The texts also say that, Jinn, demons, Satan only have the power to lie. The power of deception.

I have the power to lie and deceive also, but I know that these things stand against the Holy Spirit.

The one who follows desires that are opposed to the Holy Spirit are following the evil spirits, but this is by a freewill choice not by demonic possession.

When Satan told Jesus to worship him and Satan would give Jesus the whole world he was lying. The world doesn't belong to Satan, the creation belongs to God.

The thoughts in your mind that stand against the Holy Spirit are the lies being told by the evil spirits. They have no power though. And being created beings themselves even if they appear opposed to God, they are still part of the creation.

The eastern texts claim these spirits actually help us better understand the light. Jesus said it like this.

If you even think with lust you have committed adultery. Jesus is telling us the negative spiritual influences are real, but that they have no power. He teaches that we can and should ignore thoughts that are against the Holy Spirit.

When one understands the lies, one can overcome the thoughts opposed to the Holy Spirt. Thus one can overcome Satan. Satan rules only those who listen to him and believe his lies. But he has no power, nor do the texts say any way given to him.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

This is not a Christian thread, it is about religious psychology. I have no idea why the Catholics believe in demon possession. What I do know is the Catholic and Protestants who do believe in demons have much blood on their hands.

Do you think that the churches that were burning witches (clinically insane people) at the stake, are teaching sound doctrine in accordance to Jesus Christ?

My claim is that every religious text, not just the bible says the exact same thing about demons, and their supposed powers. They have no power only lies.

Hence exorcism is in itself a type of insanity.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Evil is allover but we have the choice to be tempted or successfully overcome it. We all sin because it's human nature but the power of love and God is incomparably mighty in comparison to evil. It isn't something that can be given like a gift it has to be sought after, then it comes to one slowly.

I went to school with a Satanist (I think he said Levayan) and he brought up many interesting points. Satan supposedly rebelled but was so humble his name wasn't revealed until later. So from that point of view I understand how God would be a mighty usurper but Lucifer rebelled in the name of good, ending with him being banished.

What makes me truly wonder is how the angels were created to carry out the will of God, as messengers, etc. I understand they're not as wise as God but if they are wiser than we are, they must have been able to comprehend Lucifer's reasons for rebellion with greater clarity. So wouldn't their rebellion be a sign that Lucifer had truth in his words?

Or is that as they say, the power to deceive even the faithful? It's off topic sorry but I've always contemplated it from both sides.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The one's who believe in Lucifer typically believe this.

In the Garden God told us not to eat from the tree of knowledge, and Satan/Lucifer wanted us to have the light of knowledge so he told us to eat and we did.

But what is written states that Satan actually tempted Eve by telling her she would become like God with knowledge. So the ones who believe Satan's lie believe if they had all the knowledge in the world they would be powerful like God.

So to believe in Lucifer is to believe man can obtain God powers through knowledge.

In this way they believe Lucifer to be the one who loves us and God only wants to control us.

However acording to the rest of scripture God gave us freewill and when we listen to Satan we become slaves to our sins/addictions. And only by returning to faith in the Holy Spirit can the mind be freed from it's sin.

Buddhism states, we must overcome our bad perception and our bad habit energy to find the Holy Spirit, light, heaven, Nirvana within.

Even Jesus, who had all the knowledge, said none are good except God, and claimed his power came from God.

What Jesus is teaching is we are all created, including himself, and all power comes from God.

Hopefully this helps you understand the meaning of the "all seeing eye" in illuminati ritual, and how they have been lead astray by the lie.

Even if the entire creation was to stand against God, it would bring no fear to him. If he thinks us all gone, gone we would be. Man cannot become God with God powers, no matter what he thinks he knows, or what ritual he performs.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I understand what the thread is about, I read the title and OP. You asked if Satanists are real and if they can be lawyers (liars.) In the same OP you then stated that:

So from a strictly logical view demon possession is not real and the one who believes stuffers from a type of insanity.

My responses have been on topic with the OP and subsequent posts.

In response to your claim that:

Do you think that the churches that were burning witches (clinically insane people) at the stake, are teaching sound doctrine in accordance to Jesus Christ?
(*emphasis added by me)

What made the people being burned at the stake clinically insane? Didn't realize doctors were diagnosis patients at the same standards they are today and labeling those victims "clinically insane."

Do you have a source for that per chance?

What makes "witches" clinically insane? I'm just curious because you're using the word and labeling people "insane" that different practice religions/faiths to back up your arguments.

My claim is that every religious text, not just the bible says the exact same thing about demons, and their supposed powers. They have no power only lies.

That's not exactly true...and do you have sources for that other than your argument and personal belief they're insane, because I'm finding contradictory info on your argument.

Do Buddhists Believe in Demons?

Buddhist sutras teach that there are four types of demons -- three internal demons and a demon of outside influence. The internal demons are afflictions, illnesses and death. The external demons are "heavenly" demons or demons from the spiritual world. Yama, lord of death, is a demon as is Mara, the evil king of demons who directly confronts Buddha. Psychologically, demons represent negative states of mind and harmful actions, such as jealousy, hatred, environmental exploitation, and greed. Physically, the demons are given names and personas in scripture so there are teachings and stories about yakshas and rakshasas, who devour people whole and eat human flesh, and khumbhandas, who sustain themselves by consuming a person's spirit.

Roman Catholic beliefs and practices about exorcism

Throughout the church's history, it has identified evil spirits in demon-possessed individuals and treated them by full exorcisms. The practice has been strictly controlled in modern times. Church canon law now requires that an exorcism be performed only upon a direct order "of the bishop, after two careful investigations, based on positive indications that possession is in fact present."

The church teaches that demons can interfere in one of two ways with their victims:

They can cause an obsession, in which the demon fills the mind of its victim with evil thoughts.
They can resort to actual possession in which the demon physically takes over the human body.

Demons in the Muslim Culture

As "The Encyclopaedia of the Quran" notes, Islamic teaching includes a range of spiritual entities, all of which were created by God. The Muslim spirit world includes angels, malevolent creatures and an additional type of spirit being called jinn. According to the Quran 15:26-27, God made the jinn out of smokeless fire before he created human beings out of clay. Like humans, though, jinn can be Muslim, submitting to the divine will or they can be willfully wicked.

So here are 3 examples from different faiths/religions that have different views on demons, they do not say "the same thing" about demons, at all, as you stated they did. Nor do they state anything at all about people who believe in demons being insane.

Please, sources for your claims on witches being insane. Thanks

edit on 5-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join