It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge electric static arcs at Fukushima Saturday night??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I am way outside of my area of knowledge when it come to any of this, so I present a question out of sheer, total ignorance.

What effect, if any, would massive exposure to large amounts of radiation have on a camera?

Just curious.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Considering the fact that there was high humidity, and some rainfall on Saturday...looks to me like water. I know what water looks like when on a camera and this resembles it. Also take note that the video is at 20x speed, making it look different/faster.

There's also multiple other water drops that appear all around the camera, but sadly due to the low quality, they aren't as noticeable/don't look like anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
And just because Japan builds quality cameras doesn't mean that they are necessarily installed here. a reply to: Psynic

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
And just because Japan builds quality cameras doesn't mean that they are necessarily installed here. a reply to: Psynic

Sorry, where's "here"?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What electricity? The plant is not operational. Any electricity would be subsidiary. From some other source. Not produced by the shut down plant. reply to: Restricted

The plants are dependent on outside power, even when running. Otherwise they could'nt start up. Or do shut down maintenance. Thats part of the overall design failure. When the power was knocked out by the earthquake, generator and battery back up were the only options.

If they had a subsidiary coal fired, wind generated, solar alternative the plants may have been saved.

Those technologies were to be replaced by the "kingdom of nuke" (stars in eyes).

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

the images are deliberately downgraded to make them worthless.

Sadly…

Not only, but those cameras are 50 miles from the plant. Lots of air disturbance tween there.

Only Tepco gets/gives closer resolution.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Probably its a light source interacting with water / moisture.

For example, it could be a service-car on the lower left corner.

The thing is, that video isn't playing in real time. If it would be, that "arc" would seem almost static.

And about the bad image quality, well i'm sure the quality on cameras is ok, but why should "they" offer the feed in high quality? Quality is bad just for saving the bandwidth. We, as a public have "no right" to demand high quality surveillance camera feed, do we?

Also the quality gets compromised when uploading to YT, under some encoding/decoding (recoding) circumstances.

Nothing to see here, move along!

(just wanted to say that!)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
www.dropbox.com...

The only reason I am skeptical about the condensation lens distortion explanation is the structures are not distorted AT ALL,

The 'arcs' or whatever they are just seem to appear, and the area becomes much more brightly lit.

It's a shame there isn't color HD footage of the area because then it would be easy to tell if we're looking at water on the lens.

I'm really thinking this is either St.Elmos fire though, or something related to the ongoing Corium reactions underground ionizing the entire area.
edit on 1-9-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sadly…

Not only, but those cameras are 50 miles from the plant. Lots of air disturbance tween there.

The Futaba cam is offsite, but it's like 35km (about 22miles), the rest of the cams are indeed on the Fukushima plant site.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sadly…

I did not know that. Are you sure?

Such a low POV leads me to think the camera is MUCH closer.

So the radiation is not a factor in the poor quality of the image.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What electricity? The plant is not operational. Any electricity would be subsidiary. From some other source. Not produced by the shut down plant. reply to: Restricted

Fukushima never made it to shut down. It suffered a triple meltdown first. There is electrical power everywhere while attempts continue to control an out of control nuclear disaster. The science does not exist yet to shut down this plant.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
***UPDATED ORIGINAL POST WITH MORE/BETTER FOOTAGE***

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is the effect you see in the video, water on a lense or the glas cover in front.

Weird glowing shape around light source (caused by water droplets on the camera lens)

As above but flash used in photo - the weird shape is much diminished but still visible.

Source for pics and quotes

edit on 1-9-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is all fine and dandy in terms of having the footage, wether it is water on the lens or not. My question though is what would be the significance of this ? That's where I'm lost on the topic, what would this possibly be proof of ?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Oh, the cameras are here. This nuclear fire is actually visible with the cameras on site. These images and data are the Black Box data being withheld in this disaster.

In April of 2010 TEPCO signed a contract with high tech security company Magna BSP to provide a sophisticated video and trespass detection system  at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. This was the first installation of what was to be a series of similar installations at nuclear plants around Japan, coordinated between the government and nuclear operators. The system was installed at Fukushima Daiichi in 2010

Two TEPCO workers who were trained on the system weeks before the disaster were confirmed to have been among the Fukushima 50 who stayed at the plant during the worst of the disaster. To date TEPCO has not acknowledged the existence of the system or volunteered any of the video and data captured by the system to the public or the press. This data was never taken into account by any of the investigations into the disaster that commenced in 2011 and 2012.

This system holds critical data that could shed light on many of the early events at the plant. It should be made public in an unedited and usable format asap.

One camera was even aimed at the now mia core of Unit 3 that exploded.

The nature of modern high tech security systems leaves little room for TEPCO to deny the existence of this early data. The CEO of Magna BSP made this statement to the press in 2011

“Although there is no access to the area, Siboni said the cameras from his company’s security system – which were installed high up – were probably not damaged and likely captured the post-earthquake explosions at the site, as well as the impact of the tsunami.”

The company also told the press that the perimeter security system could have recorded radiation via the IR portion of those cameras and could give important data about radiation levels at the plant.

“Haim Siboni, said the thermal cameras also had the ability to detect the presence of radioactive clouds in the air,”

These thermal cameras could have also had the capability to detect heat abnormalities around the plant during the initial meltdowns. 

source

Now why won't they roll that 'beautiful bean footage?'

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

The Futaba cam is offsite, but it's like 35km (about 22miles),

Thanks for that clarification…

the rest of the cams are indeed on the Fukushima plant site.

But don't really show anything either (the live ones).

I should have clarified, info from Tepco is carefully controlled and limited at best.

I compare it to trying to figure out whats going on at area 51 with extreme distance photography.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Does anybody know unofficially where in the process of the meltdown Fukushima is yet? Seeing as this was never contained like Chernobyl, what is the level of toxidity being released these days? Is it accelerating or slowing? Is it still flooding the Pacific? I know a lot of Cesnium was found on the sea floor; is there a correlation?

Any tidbits will do.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It's just that there was one big raindrop scored a direct hit on the camera , distorted the light then drained off. It's even more noticeable with the night vision camera, any streak of light will show up as an orb in shape. Mianeye is correct, I have seven HD night/day vision cameras around the house, the effects are the same..my pics are better though

edit on 1-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Does anybody know unofficially where in the process of the meltdown Fukushima is yet? Seeing as this was never contained like Chernobyl, what is the level of toxidity being released these days? Is it accelerating or slowing? Is it still flooding the Pacific? I know a lot of Cesnium was found on the sea floor; is there a correlation?

Any tidbits will do.

I honestly don't think even TEPCO knows. Every piece of equipment they have built to send inside and search for the cores has melted or massively malfunctioned within minutes of entry, indicating the radioactivity levels inside the buildings are off the charts.

The guesstimations range from TEPCO insisting that the cores are still within the containment vessels (I find that highly unlikely), to stories of melt-throughs (corium melted through the containment vessel and is sitting on floor of reactor buildings like Chernobyl), and then stories of full-scale melt-out (China Syndrome, where the cores have burned through the building foundation and are burning deeper and deeper into the earth, potentially contaminating aquifers and everything else underground).

There is some promising muon scan technology which will allow scientists to basically get a huge X-ray type scan of the plant and see where the cores really are, but I doubt that information will be released to the public.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Sorry, Psynic… I read your message but forgot to reply to it earlier.

So the radiation is not a factor in the poor quality of the image.

Radiation does affect camera but not like that. Heres some footage of what gamma radiation looks like striking the CCD chip in a camera.The "snow" (white spots) on the screen gets wild the closer they get to the shield plug in the Reactor Pressure Vessel (RPV).

edit on 1-9-2014 by intrptr because: added

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join