It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paolo Nutini- Iron Sky Short Film Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Been really impressed with Paolo Nutini of late. Maybe I'm bias because he is Scottish but I love his music at the moment at this track Iron Sky is really powerful. Given everything going on in the world,as well as my own countries big referendum in a few weeks. The video is equally impressive to me

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

I'm with you!

Saw this a couple of weeks back and it's been in my playlist ever since. What a powerful video clip too!

Sadly, too many people give up before the music really starts (around 2 mins for you impatient 'NOW' generation).

What what a gripping voice, and my god, that speech about 'machine men' sends shivers up my spine.

I urge all ATSers to put this on and watch.

edit on 30-8-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

there are various versions of this...
here the original

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KrzYma
Ahhhh!
I'd heard the speech before some 20 years ago, never knew it's origins or who it was who gave it. I'm wrapped that Iron Sky has brought it back into focus. I was stunned when I saw it was Charlie Chaplin who had given that speech, what a talent!
I can't imagine how different a world it could be had Hitler been more like this, things could have turned out wildly differently.

Ok, I need help. I'm just a dummy. The speech is brilliant, powerful, it tears into my soul and awakens a will for a world of peace. But now I've seen the footage to the end, I'm conflicted.

I'm just a uneducated sort, and I cant quite understand the motives at the end of the speech. He advocates against war throughout the speech, but in the end it feels like he is rallying troops for battle for his ideals. I can't get my head around that bit, am I blinded by the power of the speech that I'm feeling 'yeah, let's remove all those scum who are against world peace, wheres my gun'? Or am I totally getting that bit wrong. (I probably should go watch the movie and find out!). I get where he's going, and I tend to agree. But it feels wrong to fight against fighting.

Grrr. This thread needs more attention.
edit on 30-8-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

what to do is a very good question.. !

not every fight has to be done by violence, NO, is as powerful as guns.
say NO! - to greed, NO! - to hate, NO! - to violence, NO! - to racism, NO! - to ignorance..

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's ok. My fav by him is 'Pencil Full Of Lead'.

new topics

top topics

join