It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had an extremely vivid dream last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Has anyone ever had a dream that they thought was so real, when they woke up they thought perhaps someone they loved had actually been hurt? Or you had your dream car?

I can remember when I was about 11- 12 I had a dream that my parents actually got me a N64 and when I woke up I ran downstairs to only realize I still had my Sega Genesis. It was heartbreaking.

So where is this leading, well I had one of those dreams last night - August 28th, or rather early August 29th - and this time it was so vivid and real I actually thought it was happening to me, I even 'woke up' to see something strange!
My first alarm had gone off, around 4AM, it's sort of a warning that i have about an hour and a half to actually waking up. But I fell back asleep and what felt like literally a few seconds of an intense dream was about an hour passed. The dream started with me waking up, looking for my phone, when all of a sudden my tablet started to flash, then some other electronics started to flash, followed by my phone ringing, and all of a sudden every electronic in the room started going nuts!
I fell down off the bed yelling to my girlfriend to look at this, I stood up, and collapsed back on the bed. Then I started to shake, trying to wake up but this sort of code of 1's and 0's started steaming down in front of my eyes, like it was inside my head, then I had the feeling of waking up and could actually still see the code streaming, I blinked a few times and it was still there!

I then thought quickly to grab my phone and while I was doing that the code was almost still blinding me and I was feeling around blindly.
So, was I still in the dream? Well, nope. Because I felt in an area where in my dream there seemed to be an empty beer can, but when I was flaying my arm around for my phone the beer can wasn't in the spot where it was in my dream.

It was extremely strange.

But this isn't the first time I've had episodes of vivid dreams. As a kid I used to get sleep paralysis, I'd have an extreme nightmare of E.T - yes the cute little alien - where I'd suddenly wake up and couldn't move, speak, all I could do was look around and think to myself, but when I came too I never had the image almost literally burned into my eyes.

Has this happened to anyone?

And no, I don't feel any smarter, I attempted to do math in my head and I am still terrible at it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I dreamed about Frank Turner once, and I woke up because I had an orgasm.
In my dream he was running away from me and it turned out to be kind of prophetic...
That's not the kind of answer you were looking for, I guess? Sorry.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Dreams are so cool and mysterious. I have had the sleep paralysis, but don't remember those dreams. As for the dreams that are so real its crazy, after my grandmother passed I dreamed she visited me. When I grabbed her hand I could feel the wrinkles in her hand. It was so real to this day I remember what they felt like in the dream. It was so awesome.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

My first alarm had gone off, around 4AM, it's sort of a warning that i have about an hour and a half to actually waking up.

Really? You set an alarm for an hour and a half before you need to get up?

And you wake your girlfriend at 0400 and 0530 too?

I think you may be an alien.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You and the OP Should know that sleep paralysis occurs every time you enter REM sleep. The body secrets a substance that paralyses the body to keep the dreamer in bed and not acting out the dream. It just happens that sometimes when closer to waking than dreaming we can become aware of it. Usually it's when we are trying to yell out and find our voice won't cooperate. reply to: xbox

edit on AM000000300000000993621302014-09-01T09:21:36-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The dream started with me waking up, looking for my phone, when all of a sudden my tablet started to flash, then some other electronics started to flash, followed by my phone ringing, and all of a sudden every electronic in the room started going nuts!

Sounds like you need to lay off the electronics a little?

Just my take…
edit on 1-9-2014 by intrptr because: BB code and change

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Setting your alarm for an hour and a half before you need to wake up is robbing your body of the deep sleep necessary for repairs and growth. You never get back into deep sleep before it's time to get up. If you need extra time set it a half hour before but don't hit the snooze alarm. Wake up and just linger a while. It will feel like the weekend where you don't have to jump right out of bed. Use the extra time for another cup of coffee or better still some gentle exercise Or spend more time under the shower. reply to: strongfp

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
True. They say the blue screen devices, light emitted by tablets, computers and phones just before sleep can I interfere with the production of melatonin a sleep hormone that is released when we are exposed to darkness. Hint to people who have children who have problems falling asleep. No night light, pull the drapes during nap time etc. reply to: intrptr

edit on AMu30u0993619302014-09-01T09:19:04-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu30u0993619302014-09-01T09:19:44-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Interesting take on sleep and photons. I go you one further. The wires in our walls surround us with EMF. We sleep in an electro magnetic cage. For that matter the whole world is filled with signals from across the spectrum. I wonder what it would be like to sleep for one night in a world before all that ?

Wheres my time machine?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

definitly, i usually find that you tend to remeber the last dream only, and the ones in the morning (esp if you stir first and fall asleep again) those can be very real feeling.

I had a dream about two weeks ago that my dad had several accidents, a bike accident and falling off a ladder and hurting his head, they were so real i told him, i said be careful this could be nothing but im sharing it just encase.

edit on b5656959 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I remember looking at my wall in a dream-state, the air was filled with "particles" and they looked like some kind of "reflectors" - what appeared to be "static" was in the air, like a signal that has been lost on a television. I came to the conclusion that it is some kind of plan to project holograms in the air.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Interesting,the 1's and 0's are binary code.Btw what Autumnwitch said is correct,that's way too early to set your alarm as a pre-wake up call.Rather half-hour before,and for instance spend that time lazing in bed,reading news or current affairs on your cell,is what I would advise,then there's no danger you're going to fall asleep again and oversleep.Or if you can't face the daily trainwreck that early,read something like say,Cracked.com for hilarious and at the same time informative articles,or anything that you know is likely to provide a good start to the day for you,while having coffee.That starts the morning in a gentler way-and you get the extra sleep. reply to: strongfp

Idk what to make of the rest of your dream,I've only had sleep paralysis about 3/4 times in my life.The first time it happened I woke up,aware that I was awake but unable to move or see-and the room was not pitchdark to start with,never sleep in a pitchdark room.So it was like I was blinded as well.I was laying on my stomach,I usually sleep on my stomach(not healthy,I know) Then I felt myself being pulled off the bed and into the air and I could see again-strange episode,I was being pulled through the air.I was about 5+half-6 ft above floor level.Other times I had it were very brief episodes,I woke up paralysed and blind,but could hear,seemed to last only a minute,maybe less,then it was over,I never saw anything during those episodes,just blackness.Even when pulled through the air,I only saw my room,nothing out of place.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A thread that may interest you in light of the binary code you saw-i myself know sweet fanny adams about physics,but maybe you do,or will find the discussion interesting.Not that it's an uninteresting topic to me-au contraire-just Way over my head.a reply to: strongfp

new topics

top topics

join