It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Finally Speaks on Israel/Gaza, Sounds Like Netanyahu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
In light of all the misery inflicted on Gaza over the last 50 days one US representative voice has been conveniently silent. Elizabeth Warren has dodged this issue for a while now but has finally been cornered. If you don't want to read through the article then the title of this thread should answer any questions you may have regarding the next great liberal hope that is Warren.

Elizabeth Warren Finally Speaks on Israel/Gaza, Sounds Like Netanyahu

The last time Elizabeth Warren was asked about her views on the Israeli attack on Gaza – on July 17 – she, as Rania Khalek put it, “literally ran away” without answering. But last week, the liberal Senator appeared for one of her regularly scheduled “office hours” with her Massachusetts constituents, this one in Hyannis, and, as a local paper reported, she had nowhere to run.

Uh oh, that can't be good. So what do you think her stance on the Israel/Gaza conflict really are? Apparently she supports the Zionists and dead Palestinians are collateral damage. She simply follows the Jewish party line. Got to keep getting elected I guess. I'd have wished for more from someone who called out the Fed and central banks. Guess not.

Warren was also asked about her Israel position by other voters who were at the gathering, and she went on to explain:

“I think the vote was right, and I’ll tell you why I think the vote was right. America has a very special relationship with Israel. Israel lives in a very dangerous part of the world, and a part of the world where there aren’t many liberal democracies and democracies that are controlled by the rule of law. And we very much need an ally in that part of the world.”

Warren said Hamas has attacked Israel “indiscriminately,” but with the Iron Dome defense system, the missiles have “not had the terrorist effect Hamas hoped for.” When pressed by another member of the crowd about civilian casualties from Israel’s attacks, Warren said she believes those casualties are the “last thing Israel wants.”

“But when Hamas puts its rocket launchers next to hospitals, next to schools, they’re using their civilian population to protect their military assets. And I believe Israel has a right, at that point, to defend itself,” Warren said, drawing applause.

Now don't get me wrong I believe people have the right to defend themselves. That does not however extend to hunting down and killing the family and neighbors of the person who attacked you. Which is apparently Israel's primary method of dealing with conflict.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Excellent one more reason to add for this woman being a shill!!

TPTB are creative with how they produce candidates for the masses, example being her outspoken critisicm of the banks! Makes me sick, gotta keep your masters happy over there in Israhell.

NLBS in my book!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmThursday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Makes me sick, gotta keep your masters happy over there in Israhell.

Pretty much. While I lean conservative myself I liked her stance against big banks. I still think she may believe that but she also obviously knows that politicians who speak against Israel have a looming expiration date.

The ADL needs to be removed from the US. Talk about a NGO controlling things.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Oh how spot on you are about those NGO's.

When it comes to the banksters, I have come to believe she is simply giving lipservice in order to capture those awake enough to see the power that the banks have. Controlled opposition in its strictest definition. It just may work too, for a while, when I had not looked into her at all I applauded her stance on the banks. However now that she seems to be being groomed for some kind of chess move in 2016, I just can not believe it, for her to be allowed in she would at the least have to compromise that position.

What you have just brought to my attention has made what her agenda is quite clear, that being the same old script from the same old puppets. People must vote 3rd party this time around, this is doubtful, but hey you never know.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Dear Bassago,

I'll take the risk of de-railing this because, until we can find away to tie in her claims to Indian heritage, I'm not sure what more can be said about the woman who is seen as the most likely Hillary challenger.

Here's a quarter-baked idea. I'm hoping you'll develop it for me. I think I'd rather elect a man with firm principles with which I disagree, than a man with no principles at all.

Of course, with the no principle man, you get the chance that he'll go your way through sheer chance sometimes, but still . . .

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I'll take the risk of de-railing this because, until we can find away to tie in her claims to Indian heritage, I'm not sure what more can be said about the woman who is seen as the most likely Hillary challenger.

Charles, Charles, Charles,,,,,,,we were supposed to forget that little "fib"!

I am glad I am not the only one that remembered though!

Anyhow to stay on topic, it shouldn't be a surprise that she doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds her while pretending to be a champion of the people she represents now should it?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I think I'd rather elect a man with firm principles with which I disagree, than a man with no principles at all.

This reminds me of something I heard a long time ago but don't remember when.
    I don't care what you do, just make a decision!

Since then I've tried to live my life by that rule... with mixed results. LOL.

As far as developing the idea, hmm. How about voting me in as next POTUS on a write in campaign? I know I'd never pass the background scrutiny otherwise. Then I guarantee if I win things will definitely change.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Dear Bassago,

If you should hear the Mod police siren pulling up to your door, you deserve it.

As far as developing the idea, hmm. How about voting me in as next POTUS on a write in campaign?

That's a violation of the solicitation T&C. Once the press learns you were punished by the ATS Mods, your public life will be over. They'll be on your every post, including the one where you denied that Obama was the smartest man in the world, and the one were you said our taxes are high enough, they can stop increasing them for awhile.

I can't protect you from this.

Then I guarantee if I win things will definitely change.

That's what I really, really, super truly want. A candidate that promises change.

OK, seriously for a moment. Perhaps the Internet does allow non-establishment politicians to gain a following. Ben Carson is getting one this time around, Ron Paul did last time. I wonder if after Romney, McCain, and Obama, people are starting to say "My side's really not that good."

The Democrats have a very disciplined machine, and they own the vast majority of the Blacks. They're also, as you know, strong with kids and single women. All three groups have a pocketbook interest in bigger and more expensive government. It will be hard to split that up.

The Republicans cave-in as a reflex action. Who knows what principles they firmly believe in? It's been said that the Democrats are the evil party and the Republicans are the stupid party. I don't think the Republicans could run a Romney or McCain without facing a very large number of "Why bother to vote?" Republicans.

Maybe that's what was in the back of my mind when I wondered about principled candidates.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I get the right to defend itself but what I don't understand is how, in six weeks using both a ground offensive and air strikes, they have not been able to deal with said threat in an area the same size as Detroit. Innocent civilians were killed, yet Israel maintains that they have not made any mistakes, so then they meant to kill those people? It's really absurd that the US and, less directly, other western powers back this nation unconditionally. Very scary.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

Might I ask a question or two?

Suppose the head of the Israeli Military (Land, Sea, Air) was to receive orders saying "Completely eliminate any terrorist structure or resistance in Gaza. You are to insure that no possible terrorist survives. Proceed without regard to any cost to life."

What would Gaza look like? Of course, it would. But it doesn't. Those orders weren't issued. They are proceeding with regard to life.

Israel has never claimed that they have made no mistakes. They have caused fewer deaths than we think, and many many fewer deaths than they could have if they wanted to.

Do you find it scary that the US and Western powers are supporting a group that has shown restraint in that area?

But from what Bassago is telling me about Warren, she's not a friend I'd rely on when things got tough.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
She is a politician if she does have an eye for the White House she will kiss Israeli butt just like every other politician that has won that office has done. There is no faster way to get kicked out of the race than to disagree with Israel. Look at Rand Paul he always spoke out against Israel but now that he is thinking of a Presidential run he has started kissing their butt as well.
edit on 28-8-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
From reading your link she sounds like someone pandering prior to a run for potus to me. I think she is a farce. A smart farce but a farce none the less.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yow like you totally freaked me out with the first part of your post. All I could visuallize was a rabid Wrabbit and Tenth showing up and deleting this thread my account and perhaps even me from this plane of existence. *gak,echh*

Then I realized you were (hopefully) spoofing me. So seriously..

I wonder if after Romney, McCain, and Obama, people are starting to say "My side's really not that good."

You missed a few, Clinton, Bush, Christie, "Warren" and the list goes on. We are so screwed. Geez at the risk of ATS banishment I submit myself again. BTW I will be looking for a strong advisory counsel once elected.

Frankly other than that I don't know what to say. Reps/Dems both the evil/stupid parties who are bought and paid for. I'd hoped Warren was at least a little different (not counting that Native American bit.) Just wanted to put her position out there so folks weren't totally fooled by her.

OT: Maybe we need a "ATS Campaign for 2016" thread. Only members can be submitted as a grass roots campaign for 2016. Change the world. Send all fundraising donations to me.

Mods, just kidding, no solicitations in this post are actually real and are for entertainment purposes only... really.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
She is a politician if she does have an eye for the White House she will kiss Israeli butt just like every other politician that has won that office has done. There is no faster way to get kicked out of the race than to disagree with Israel. Look at Rand Paul he always spoke out against Israel but now that he is thinking of a Presidential run he has started kissing their butt as well.

so what.

if u were prez, you would throw israel under the bus too?

and bitch about what they do later?

maybe you should just declare war on them. yeah, that will fix things.

that's truth what she said.

no american prez can ignore any part of the world.

sorry, that's the job descrip. not 5 days and great perks!
edit on 3110568931pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

so what.

if u were prez, you would through israel under the bus too?

I don't know about Buster but if I was prez Israel would be so under the bus it would take 6 mechanics to find whatever peices were left over. No war needed, they've made their own bed.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Faux-Ca-Hontis is a liar and will say anything to get votes.

Haven't we learned this from Obama?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: tsingtao

so what.

if u were prez, you would through israel under the bus too?

I don't know about Buster but if I was prez Israel would be so under the bus it would take 6 mechanics to find whatever peices were left over. No war needed, they've made their own bed.

ya, and the mid east would be so much better.

are you saying you would throw yourself under there?

unchaining israel would be cool as hell.

obama is about to do that. it's a good thing, IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Send all fundraising donations to me.

Mods, just kidding, no solicitations in this post are actually real and are for entertainment purposes only... really.

Typical politician tactic.

1. make a statement,

2. wait for the desired results,

3. then retract and declare neutrality with standard disclaimers.

great example

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hahaha, sorry. I had to Google that.

So is there an honest democrat in the world.. anywhere?

*Except for Obama of course. /sarc off

Can't believe people are still falling for this crap.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Dear Bassago,

I hope you were laughing from the very start. It was fun to write.

OK, you pick up the Liberals and Moderates, I'll get the Conservatives, buster2010 can get the Muslims, and kicked can grab illegal donations and votes from the Canadians. You're a shoe-in. (What does that even mean?)

I remember we had a contest for ATS regent once, people submitted profiles, and a number of posters got a few giggles from it. Could we take your idea down one of two paths?

Path 1.) Announce your candidacy to the entire site (Ignore the Mods, you'll pardon yourself when you win.) and use the site to help you draft your platform? I don't mean that people could vote on it, simply that they could argue for different sides, then you , as the candidate, would decide what to include in your platform.

Path 2.) Invite others to run as well, in a slightly more serious version of the ATS regent election. Possibly even a debate between the candidates?

Anything sound good? I should warn you to get out of the way when I have a quarter baked idea.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2 >>

join