It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My OBE/Astral Projection Experiences

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Blessed then =)

I have been astral projecting since I was a young child, my earliest memory is when I was 8.
But back then I didn't know that it was astral projecting, just normal stuff.
Though never been able to do it on my own will with full memory of leaving the body until a couple of months ago and it took me much training.

I have always remembered entering my body again.

Mostly I have been on this plane.

During later years I can go on higher planes with someone by my side. I can't get there alone.

I hang out most of the time in the place where my body sleeps.
Furtherst I got was out to space.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

And a few more answers for you:

1. How long have you guys been astral projecting?

I've been doing it since maybe 7 or 8, and actually learned what the term was at 12 (my teen years were spent lurking on another forum called Astral Society at the time, which was a community of like minded projectors - kind of like here, except that everyone was working on controlled projections there). Well, when my first laptop came (and, coincidentally I discovered that my parents couldn't track what went on said laptop), I officially joined up, and stayed with them until their demise with the whole Astral Commune/Astral Society debate (I used another alias on there, PsychicWarrior).

And, using the knowledge I gained from there, I continued to this day - still working to find the ideal method to get me out at will.

2. What’s the weirdest place you've been? Is it always the “real world” I keep hearing about the “Astral Plane” how do you go there?

I'll clarify a bit - The "Astral Planes" is just that; another dimension, reality, universe apart from our physical; the level closest to our physical could be classified as the "etheric plane". Now, often when you project, you project into a level that is not far from the physical, but yet does not match the physical.

For example, you might project, visit someone, and be totally shocked that they are talking to you. Now, should you confront the person the next day, they might claim you are full of it. Why? Because you were arguing with a projection that looked like them, acted like them, but wasn't "them".

As for the weirdest place I have gone, it would be a place I called "The Park". I've been there twice, and both times the structure of the place was the same, but some things were different between the two trips. Basically, it was a huge park, with woods, hills, and lots of people - By the lake was a building on stilts; the first time I went into it, it was like a reptile house or a nature center; the second time (years later imo) it was filled with benches, overlooking the lake and the windows.

I know it isn't weird, but the general feel I got for the place was that I was in the company of other projectors; Just the feeling alone make it mysterious.

-fossilera

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
all the dogma surrounding astral projection is unnecessary. look at it this way - everyone astral projects EVERY SINGLE NIGHT into the dream state. The so called "subconscious mind" is even active [dreaming so to speak] in the waking state, but divided from awareness of itself through the ego's experience [waking perception]. astral projection, therefore, is simply inviting ego-awareness [waking consciousness] into the dream subconscious state. when we are self aware in our dreams [lucid], we are in the same realm of awareness as "astral" projection. waking consciousness in the dream state is similar to waking consciousness in the daily life in terms of volition, but like day to day awareness, there are physics to dream consciousness which impact the experience of volition there, which bring differing encounters than we might have in our waking experience.

so when you ask how to "astral project", you are really asking how to stay awake when you fall into dream consciousness [the intense electric body buzzing is an indicator of that transition]. the secret to leaving awake awareness and entering the dream state lucid is simply NOT to wake up when you feel the buzzing, as you will just pop out into awake awareness. but at the same time you also must not to fall asleep while losing self awareness.

moderate amounts of beer, actually, can impact that awareness as the beer digests [after the drunkness so to speak], generating some physical/mental energy allowing ego to retain awareness as it slips into sleep, by paradoxically keeping your brain more awake. when you feel the buzzing, relax into it and fall asleep [but let the buzzing keep your ego awake during transition]. if you feel yourself falling asleep after entering the "astral projection" [such as when the sense of being awake in the dream slips away] look at your hands in your dream. focus your awareness on keeping your hands in their original shape. if your hands turn into paws, or start to change shape or fade into another object, you have allowed yourself to slip fully into the dream state and will lose ego lucidity. so focus on your hands and hold their shape, and you will be awake. but unlike awake awareness, everything will not be exactly the same as the physical world, it will only appear so.

can you be hurt in the dream state? well, can a snake bite you in physical reality? can your emotions be hurt when you are awake? so yes, dreams CAN impact you. the simple fact is that you are ALWAYS dreaming, and only turn the ego off while sleeping long enough to "see" it. most of the processes that support the complexity of our inner human biology and ecology are handled by the subconscious during the dream state. the astral realm is a corner of the dream state where ego can sustain. in other corners of the dream world our awareness must fold out of its ego awareness into containers-of-consciousness [so to speak] that do not hold waking self-awareness - in other words, the ego cannot travel everywhere intact. if the ego travels into the consciousness of a cell, so to speak, it will have cellular consciousness and not be ego, so it may be unable to process or remember [or even 'perceive'] certain aspects of its own consciousness of which it is a part. given that, astral projection is never rock solid and always unaccountable to the scrutiny that physical reality lends itself towards...consciousness has a tendency to fold up into itself in that realm of awareness, so it is a flexible reality when you are in there.
edit on 30-8-2014 by urmenimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

on a decidedly esoteric level, there seems to be no question, in my opinion, that certain dream environments [so called "astral realms"] are sustained to a certain degree of continuity [while flexing and changing as well] by some sort of group consciousness. it seems clear dreamers meet in these parks [or universities in my case] and co-create their dream environments, even working out drama so to speak [karma] among themselves outside of time and the confines of physical consciousness, in support of their lives here on earth, while immersed in the sea of their own collective subconscious..

in other words, it appears we group co-create some dream [astral] environs in the same way we group into co-creating cultures or cities here in the physical awareness.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

To get back to you about people doing it while awake... From what I understand to learn by just standing there and eventually you can get so good that you have two visual screens going on, one in physical reality and one in whatever your astral body is doing. Your physical body could be walking around doing your day to day stuff while your astral body is exploring other worlds. Supposedly people can get so good that they get up to 20 or 30 visual screens at the same time, which sounds insane to me but who am I to say its not true.

The weirdest place i've ever gone... One time I was out of body and started talking to this guy on the street corner. He said hey man i got something you might be interested in. He gave me a pill. I ate the pill and was instantly thrown into another dimension. I wasn't even in a human body i was a mass of awareness floating in a geometric matrix type of thing, I was part of everything i could perceive while at the same time i felt like i was spinning and flipping and twisting and looking out of every part of the dimension i was in. It was like actually being a massive geometric screen saver like thing. It was very intense and seemed to last like 10 hours, i eventually popped out of it and was standing next to the drug dealer on the corner. He was like, "what did you think of it?" I was completely mind blown and didn't understand how this could be possible in an astral projection. Then i woke up and realized i had just experienced a somewhat self induced dmt trip. By far the craziest thing i've ever experienced astrally or physically.
edit on 30-8-2014 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You seem more experienced than I am already, but I would say that even though you do not have any free time, you have succeeded in making astral projection work for you within your circumstances. Considering your successes, I think you know what to do, so it should get easier as time goes on. I've made progress every time I've delved into this stuff, but I've only done so three times, and got farther each time. So I know that I could do it, but I decided that I'm not ready for that stuff yet. I don't feel spiritually grounded enough, or protected enough, and am not sure I would be able to protect myself if the need arose. It seems relatively safe to astral travel, but for people like me who are not positive about their beliefs, or spiritually confused for lack of a better term, or how they would react, I think it is better to work on that stuff before delving in to such endeavours.

So if I were you I would keep doing what you know works. You should astral travel to a bank vault. See if it makes you angry to see all that money without being able to pick it up. You know, on that same note, what would prevent people from planning out elaborate crimes with the intelligence gathered from such travel? And if the government experimented with remote viewing, why the heck aren't they using astral travel to gather intelligence on foreign subjects? Surely it is a bonus to be able to explore the entire universe without anyone else seeing you, and you could track down people. Or you could test intelligence gathered in the physical world.

I know that most people say the astral plane is different from the physical plane though, but I honestly have no idea. Like I said I haven't really tried to progress or find out more. I think it is entirely plausible that it takes place in the mind, but I am not sure.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hey everyone, this is actually my first post on ATS. I'm wondering if any of the experienced astral travelers here have ever confirmed they are really out of their body? such as another poster said like having his wife write down something on a piece of paper, finding it and being correct on what was written down or something to that effect?
thank you

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Popeye1

To keep this on topic, there has only been one or two times where I could confirm I was "out" - The one that comes to my memory was there was a conscious projection of mine where I spent the entire session practicing moving in 3D space (up, down, left, right, front,back), and I could plainly see my body sleeping in an awkward position. Of course, as soon as I went back to my body, I woke up in the awkward position.

The problem with physical proof, is that from my experience, holding yourself close enough to the physical to see what was done is a bit...tricky. I mean, my attention span isn't the best when I get out; I usually start a projection with a plan, and once I'm out, the plan seems to vanish. And then there's the fact that sometimes, what you see on the astral isn't what is going on in the "real world".

-foss

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
thanks Foss, that's really interesting. Im just trying to get a good idea of what really happens during an OBE. I appreciate your reply.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Popeye1

I'm Still trying to get hard proof in a similar way that you mentioned. I think its very hard to do because like fossilera said it is hard to stay close to physical reality. I believe we are entering a less dense reality than our current physical awakening state. Meaning OBE reality is instantly manipulated by ones own beliefs and mind so not letting your beliefs influence that reality is a hard thing to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join