It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My OBE/Astral Projection Experiences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So I've been trying for five months now, I read about it first here on ATS, and instantly became fascinated. I have to admit, as all things with myself, I went in Skeptical, thinking it was probably people having lucid dreams, but I always try things out for myself and went in with as much of an open mind as possible, here are my results:

My first day of trying techniques I immediately started feeling vibrations, I got excited. I kept trying techniques and doing imaginations throughout the day. On June 3rd, 2014, I opened my eyes after trying and feeling vibrations looked to my left and saw a really creepy looking creature smiling at me. My king size bed is about 3 feet off the ground and I could just see its head, but I’m fairly certain it had a body. (Or hoping it did?)

This didn't deter me one bit, I actually just closed my eyes and tried again (thinking I must be close
).

My first bonafide experience:

On June 4th, 2014, I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't open my eyes, I was still half dreaming, but aware of my physical body on the bed. In my dream I was still having while awake, I started flying up and down. Instantly I felt vibrations and a gushing wind in my physical body on the bed, than after a few seconds, I felt myself floating above my body. I waited until the vibrations and gushing stopped and when it did I was still floating but my head felt stuck to my physical head, I did a quick flip and felt myself separate. I than felt safe to open my eyes and I saw myself and my wife sleeping in bed. It was very cool. My wife has a vanity right by our bed with a mirror so I looked in, and what I saw was weird, I saw myself. Not a misty self, not some kind of soul self. I saw myself as physical and as clear as I am now, and in the reflection I also saw myself in bed sleeping with my wife sleeping on me. I was seeing two physical selves. I was surprised by that, as I was expecting to see a ghost-like astral body. I decided to walk out of my bedroom, down the hall and into the living room. I walked out of my living room window into my front lawn and looking around. It was the middle of the night/early morning and it looked exactly as I thought it should. I decided I wanted to fly and started doing so, I flew high while looking down and seeing my roof and my neighbor’s roofs, it was very cool, I was so happy to be having this experience but I was remaining calm. I looked up and kept going higher and higher, taking in the experience for all its worth. I looked down after I was high quite a bit and it was VERY high, scarily high. I got scared and thought “that’s enough I want to be back in my body” and I was instantly back in my body with a slight jolt, I opened my physical eyes and saw my wife lying on me as she was during the astral projection. I got up, wrote down the experience, used the bathroom, and went back to sleep.

Next close call:

On August 15, 2014, after a night out drinking, the same exact thing happened as on June 4th, I woke up in the middle of the night half-awake/half asleep, I tried the flying up and down and felt the vibrations and gushing wind. This time however the vibrations and gushing wind went on for quite a bit. I felt myself floating but I've read to wait till the vibrations and gushing wind stop. It kept going for what felt like a minute or so and I got impatient and opened my eyes. I was still in bed, disappointed, got up to use the bathroom and fell back asleep. In retrospect, I feel that time something about having a few beers in me might have prolonged the vibrations and effected my inner self?

Thoughts:

My biggest barrier is I’m married, work for a living, and have no “free time.” Many books say to set aside a few hours, which is impossible for me. They also say the worst time is to try at night, and with someone in the bed with you, and this is unfortunately the only time I’m able to do it. I only try at night, and when I wake up in the middle of the night to early morning and keep my eyes closed, I learned that’s the best time to try.

It doesn't seem to matter what I wear, some books say jewelry and clothing effects it, and I haven’t noticed this. The only time anything felt like it was hindering me, was the night when I drank previously, I feel alcohol might affect my ability to astral project, even if it’s due to a cloudy mind?

I have always been able to relax on command, so that’s a big benefit for my personal experience, but concentrating on one thing is very difficult for me, so the techniques of concentrating on a heart-beat, breathing, imagining objects, concentrating on a body part, all lead me to thoughts about work, dinner, my dog, aliens, football, etc. (my mind is all over the place
)

Questions:

Due to my inability to have alone quite time during the day (busy life), are there any other techniques I can use?

My concentration abilities have become better over the past couple months, but nowhere near where I think they should be, but improving. Any techniques to improve concentration?

I've read about brainwaves and have tried them with no(less?) success, any tips on using brainwaves? I.E Should I be trying techniques or should I be just going to sleep and letting the brainwave do all the work?

I've noticed a vastly improved dream memory, I remember my dreams almost every night. Any other side effects I should expect? Hope for?

Thank you all for reading, sorry it was so long, again I’m really early on in my experiences, I feel slight vibrations and floating feelings almost every time I try. I'll be happy to answer any questions as well as accept any tips

edit on 8/28/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your experience - it was very interesting to read! Sorry I don't have any tips as I've never had an OBE myself, nor have I tried.

I realize that since you have experienced this yourself, you need no convincing about the reality of what you have experienced. However, I would love it if you (or someone like you who is experimenting with such things) would actually conduct verifiable experiments to "prove" that you are leaving your body.

For instance, have your wife write a random word on an index card and place it high up on a shelf (facing the ceiling) before you go to bed. Better yet would be to have a neutral third party do this who would be willing to videotape or otherwise verify the entire experiment, but you may want to practice it a few times with your wife to get comfortable with it first (or to see if it is even possible) before opening yourself up to outside verification and scrutiny.

That is my only suggestion... and it comes from a purely curious and selfish place. I want verification!
I know doing so wouldn't mean much in your own personal journey.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

edit on 28-8-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Thank you for sharing your experience - it was very interesting to read! Sorry I don't have any tips as I've never had an OBE myself, nor have I tried.

I realize that since you have experienced this yourself, you need no convincing about the reality of what you have experienced. However, I would love it if you (or someone like you who is experimenting with such things) would actually conduct verifiable experiments to "prove" that you are leaving your body.

For instance, have your wife write a random word on an index card and place it high up on a shelf (facing the ceiling) before you go to bed. Better yet would be to have a neutral third party do this who would be willing to videotape or otherwise verify the entire experiment, but you may want to practice it a few times with your wife to get comfortable with it first (or to see if it is even possible) before opening yourself up to outside verification and scrutiny.

That is my only suggestion... and it comes from a purely curious and selfish place. I want verification!
I know doing so wouldn't mean much in your own personal journey.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

Firstly, Thanks for being my first reply on my first thread!

I understand completely about the need for verification, I have the same need. I've already asked my wife to place random things in the guest bedroom, so that I can verify the experience for myself. Hopefully I'll be able to have proof in my next couple experiences.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
An ex-sorcerer from New Zealand named Ian Clayton is an authority on this subject because he is one of the few who have experienced astral travel from both sides of the fence.

His experience is unique in that he has traveled frequently both in the spirit AND in his physical body to different locations.

Some people in the UK have nick named Ian the "Shredder" because of their encounters with Ian while astral projecting.

Be aware that Astral travel has the potential for very catastrophic results.

Astral projection is a counterfeit, or copycat of a very real divine mechanism.

Larry Huggins astral projected and he found his astral body in hell. This is really getting in the realm of the spirit or occult illegally and there could be repercussions. This practice also accelerates the aging process and it is known by Lamas that astral chord could be severed. This is also a condemed occult practice (Deuteronomy 18:10). Exposing Astral Projection

Bruce Allen gave an account of a similar type of portal, and even characterized it as a kind of escape portal. he was transrelocated to an Aussie city. he did not try to take anything back with him, but when he approached the door that opened to the city streets, he was told not to, then was told to go back. There is a book called 'Gazing Into Glory' by Bruce Allen and he teaches how to see into the realm of the spirit and how to translocate. Look him up on youtube with Sid Roth and type 'translation by faith' in google and you will find him teaching in crossworld or something

In the Brotherhood (Satanism) the most important attraction for witches and warlocks is the ability to learn how to astral project. Sex and power is what makes most people join Satanist covens. It is by far their biggest drawing card.

ASTRAL PROJECTION AND ASTRAL SEX

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I have never heard of Ian Clayton, I'll look up more about him, thanks.

Deuteronomy 18:10 Actually says:

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter , or a witch.

That's from the King James Version of the Bible, no mention of Astral Projection. It was Moses talking to his people letting him know what they would find on God's Land, not in Heaven. I could be wrong on that, please feel free to correct me.

In direct response however, I'm not afraid of any of that. I have a very close and personal relationship with God, and I know he protects me on a daily basis. Thank you for your concern, however I continue my journey unafraid.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Questions:

Due to my inability to have alone quite time during the day (busy life), are there any other techniques I can use?

My concentration abilities have become better over the past couple months, but nowhere near where I think they should be, but improving. Any techniques to improve concentration?

I've read about brainwaves and have tried them with no(less?) success, any tips on using brainwaves? I.E Should I be trying techniques or should I be just going to sleep and letting the brainwave do all the work?

I've noticed a vastly improved dream memory, I remember my dreams almost every night. Any other side effects I should expect? Hope for?

Thank you all for reading, sorry it was so long, again I’m really early on in my experiences, I feel slight vibrations and floating feelings almost every time I try. I'll be happy to answer any questions as well as accept any tips

Hey congrats on learning how to astral project, or whatever you wanna call it. I also sparked my interest here on ATS and read everything i could about it. That was about 10 years ago. I am almost to the point where i can have an OBE at will. It takes a lot of concentration and will though.

I will answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

There are very many techniques. Thing is it works best in a quiet place where you can be comfortable. Load noises snap you out of the progress. I always try in the mornings too when I wake up early, its the best time for me as well. I've recently learned that people can project while they are awake. I am currently trying to do this although I have had a brief experience where i popped out and right back in. You basically use the same techniques only eyes open and standing up.

If you keep practicing it will help. The longer you meditate and try this stuff the better your concentration will get. You can also try to hold the vision of a shape in your mind. Try to imagine a circle or square or triangle and hold it in your minds eye as long as you can. You will notice its hard to hold that one single thought for more than half a second. Another thing is you can focus on your breathing and remind yourself every time your mind slips to get back to your breathing. It is a lot harder to blank your mind that you realize, I've been doing this for a long time and still feel like I have ADD sometimes.

I have rarely had success with brainwaves as well. Its hard to find a good one that actually works is the problem i think. On top of that its hard to let your mind sink into the waves. To get them to work you have to really clear the mind and focus on the pulsing feeling you feel in your head and try to push it down your body. Relax and clear your mind letting the waves engulf your whole body. The more you can relax and focus on the wavy feeling the better you will be.

Your dream memory will only keep improving. You will be smarter and you will eventually learn to fly. haha jk about the flying. But for real, you might experience some things you consider to be psychic. Like knowing what your friends are going to say, how they feel, when they are going to call, who's calling you before you look at your phone, miraculous things falling to place perfectly in your life, better people around you, dreams coming true, a bunch of crazy paranormal metaphysical stuff most people can't explain. Just accept that the synchronicities are happening and they will more and more. I believe this is because our heart puts out an electromagnetic field (science has proven this) that connects us and creates our reality. Scientists are already starting to prove this, but through meditation and practices like these you become more sensitive to the electromagnet waves creating our reality.

Another tip: when you get that whooshing, floating, electric feeling/sound, you are out. Don't wait, just float up and out your ready for sure. Also look up how to decalcify your pineal gland, many people on here will say its bs but they don't know !@#$! There's some threads on ATS about it I'm sure.

Another tip: don't listen to people who say it is bad. There are no dangers, that is all made up bs to keep you away from the truth like everything else in the world. I've had no problems ever and have never heard of anyone i've been in touch with having problems. Only good side effects
edit on 28-8-2014 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Thank you so much! All great tips, I so wanted to hear I would fly
haha

Astral projecting while awake sounds very odd, how would that work? what if you're walking, do you keep walking? or do you mean just laying in bed with your eyes open? (EDIT: I read it again and you say eyes open and standing up, so I suppose it's standing still?)

I've heard of people accidental astral projecting while awake, so I suppose it's possible to do it purposely(I always keep an open mind)

I will definitely look up how to "decalcify my pineal gland"

Thank you again, I'm sure i'm going to be going back to your comment many times in my future.

edit on 8/28/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: to add edit

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

very interesting stuff OP. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your progress with this. It's something that has interested me for a long time. I've had involuntary OBE and a NDE. Ever since then I've wanted to have control and be able to astral project when I want. I've gotten really good with meditation and clearing my mind for long periods of time with out thoughts coming into my minds eye. I've also been taking melatonin which I read is good for helping to de-calcify your pineal gland in addition to doing other meditation exercises to activate and work my pineal gland like a muscle.

I'd be interested to know what your technique is when you lay down at night. What steps you took to accomplish that first intentional astral projection experience you had.

I've also heard from others that if you know what your spirit animal is, you can ask that they guard you while you are out of body and they will come and stand guard next to your bed while you are away. I know the silver cord isn't supposed to be able to be severed unless you actually die, but I do know that there are potential dangers out there in the astral as well so you do need to be careful. It's like real life, you don't want to wander into a bad neighborhood in the astral just the same as you wouldn't want to go to a bad area in real life. Makes me think of the rumors i've heard about dulce base where they have the ability to accomplish soul containment there or they have a barrier for keeping out astral spies and invaders....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

very interesting stuff OP. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your progress with this. It's something that has interested me for a long time. I've had involuntary OBE and a NDE. Ever since then I've wanted to have control and be able to astral project when I want. I've gotten really good with meditation and clearing my mind for long periods of time with out thoughts coming into my minds eye. I've also been taking melatonin which I read is good for helping to de-calcify your pineal gland in addition to doing other meditation exercises to activate and work my pineal gland like a muscle.

I'd be interested to know what your technique is when you lay down at night. What steps you took to accomplish that first intentional astral projection experience you had.

I've also heard from others that if you know what your spirit animal is, you can ask that they guard you while you are out of body and they will come and stand guard next to your bed while you are away. I know the silver cord isn't supposed to be able to be severed unless you actually die, but I do know that there are potential dangers out there in the astral as well so you do need to be careful. It's like real life, you don't want to wander into a bad neighborhood in the astral just the same as you wouldn't want to go to a bad area in real life. Makes me think of the rumors i've heard about dulce base where they have the ability to accomplish soul containment there or they have a barrier for keeping out astral spies and invaders....

Hey your melatonin comment really intrigued me, Every once in a while, to help me sleep I take a melatonin sleep strip, perhaps I started De-calcifying my pineal gland without even realizing it! Note* I didn't use one the night of my OBE, however.

I'm going to look more into the Pineal Gland, I read somewhere about eating broccoli and I tried that for a bit, I'm going to give it more thought now that you are the second poster to mention it, and especially De-calcifying it as booyakasha and yourself mentioned.

About my techniques, The thing is I try many different ones. Always on my back, and always eyes closed, I first relax, which I can do very easily. (I think this is due to prior experiences with hypnosis and self-hypnosis) Once you feel that "Fully relaxed" feeling, you kinda know how to induce it easier. Than I try to concentrate on something(anything really as long as it's one thing).

My First OBE was because I was half awake. I was still in a dream like sleep but I was also awake and aware of my body, if that makes sense? The way I can explain it, is when I was younger and my mother would tell me to get ready for school, I'd get up, put on cloth, go to the kitchen, grab an apple and bite on it only to realize i just dreamed it and was still in bed(and my teeth bit the air
) Those weren't OBE's however, i was aware they were dreams, but just saying it's that point you wake up but you don't REALLY want to be awake and are still in that dream like state. That's the best time for me. I hope it make sense...

I was still half awake and half asleep(two places at once?) I was lucid dreaming and aware of my body, so in my dream I started flying up and down, this than brought along the vibrations, I kept flying up and down until i no longer felt the vibrations or gushing of wind and just felt myself floating above my physical self, still attached at the head. so I just did a front flip(or rolly polly lol) and separated. Than I was confident I was out so I opened my eyes.

Never heard of a spirit animal, or dulce base but i'm honestly not afraid of any negative consequences. I have a pretty strong sense of "God is with me" and "I can't be harmed." I've read fears and thoughts of fears can also hurt your progress, so I think that fearless attitude works to my benefit in this case.
edit on 8/28/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: fixing typos, wrote too fast

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

When I was a small child, I would close my eyes and focus on projecting my consciousness out of the center of my forehead. I would sometimes open my eyes and take a needle, pushing it towards the upper bridge of my nose until I felt an intense humming sensation in the middle of my eyes. Then I would use that sensation as a frame of reference to guide my awareness. This was also a good exercise in increasing discomfort tolerance without actually causing real pain.

Later, I discovered that it wasn't outward so much that was most effective for "seeing" things, as it was inward. There is a falling sensation that can occur into the interior world and it is from that gateway that I have had the most realistic visions. In fact, some of these experiences are so incredibly vivid that this becomes the way I distinguish my time there from reality. The colors are hyperreal, and have never been duplicated by anything I've ever experienced in the real world.

Modern psychologists discredit the theory of time dilation in dreams, but I can guarantee they are false in their position. There have been times I have been locked in a place for so long that I become frustrated, unable to figure out how to return to the real world. I have spent long weeks in such states only to return to reality and just 45 minutes or so has actually passed me by.

This, I believe, is a gateway to a type of immortality, but I haven't toyed around with it enough to do it entirely at my own will.

90% of the time, when I have been transported to these places, it has been by some form of effort on my part, but on more than one occasion, I was simply sitting in a normal mindless meditative state and have been dragged down there against my will. It is these times that I have encountered some of the most egocentric, hostile extradimensional intelligence.

I think Lovecraft was right. We are very lucky that 99% of the time things outside of our realm totally ignore us. The level of psychological discomfort and fear that these creatures can induce is overwhelming. Luckily for me, I have a rare talent to avoid insanity and to calm myself when gripped with total terror. Were it not for that, I'm sure my mind would have failed me a long, long time ago.

Unless you are ready for unimaginable torment and you have the will power in you to refuse to surrender even when faced with a sociopath who is systematically dissecting and dismembering you, playing all sorts of psychological games against you, attacking you at every level imaginable, I would suggest caution. I think most beings end up losing their will power in the end. Our mental institutions are probably a testament to that fact.

I don't know; however, it might not be the same for you. When I asked the creature who was tormenting me why he was doing so, he suggested to me that I had been selected by him from a time long before this physical world was ever even created and that my encounters were totally unavoidable. He seemed confident that he would get me to surrender my will to him, but he has yet to do so. Maybe the worst is yet to come.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Wow, you really succeded very quickly.
I've had many astral/obe's but only 2 where I have felt the beginning, the release and out exploring and then back to the body all fully councious of the whole travel.
Otherwise I only become concious while out.

So you should consider yourself very lucky!

For a busy life with many thoughts in you... meditation, that's all I can say, find 30 minutes of the day to just be alone and meditate, you can divide it to 15 minutes twice a day if you want.
If the best way for you in the beginning to stop your thoughts is to listen to reiki music, calming music, do so.
Or just sit in your stillness and focus on your breathing.

If you want to increase the possibility to astral project I can only say what helped me, this helped me so I could feel the beginning of the astral projection, when the whole body vibrates etc, it's listening to OM MANTRA, tibetan monks 1 hour (on youtube). Put your headphones on and lay in bed relaxed.

You can wear whatever you want, but comfortable.
Some say you have to lay on your back but for me, I get out easier when I lay on my belly =)
I think it all has to do with whats most comftarble for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

One time when I was outside of my body, I came out felt the whole thing, saw my physical body in bed, I had the intention to go to someone.
So to stop myself to thinking about my body I kept saying the name of the person I wanted to go to.

I could at the same time I was out feel my physical body, it was weird. I kept vocaly, I could feel how I forced myself to vocaly say the name over and over again of the person I wanted to go to and I swear it felt as if my physical body in the bed said it too, I cold feel kmy head on the pillow at the same time I was out in the sky.

I BELIEVE our conciousnes are split when we are obe'ing, a part is still in the body and the other part with the astral body. Because for me, that is how it feels. I might be wrong though.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

wow that's quite a story. especially the bit about the being who said he had chosen you before this physical world existed. that's pretty heavy. if i were you i would look into some protection techniques. exercises that you can use to protect yourself not only at night when you're sleeping but, during the day as well.

a reply to: psychoemperor

you'r post was very interesting too. so you said you get yourself fully relaxed and concentrate on one thing, then what you just naturally start to drift out of body. like, once your fully relaxed and have you concentration in order. what steps do you do to actually get yourself out of body. do you just project your consciousness? i've read a few techniques like imagine turning your spirit over and getting just your spirit to sit up while your physical body remains laying down. but, im curious what works for you since you did it so quickly.

there is a lot out there that can help with de-calcifying the pineal gland. proper, healthy diet, exercise are the biggest ones i think. but, there are other certain things you can take, the melatonin for example is one that helps. the pineal gland can get calcified over time due to poor diet and things like heavily processed foods, like fast food, soda etc. there's a lot of information out there about it. im sure it wont be hard to find.

i'm glad to hear that you feel so comfortable spiritually, like "god is with you". i think honestly that is the best way to keep yourself safe. knowing that you have god on your side no matter what. remembering and knowing that light is always more powerful than dark and that love is always more powerful than fear. you're right, fear is a control mechanism and having too much fear can be used against us. there are entities out there who I know from first hand experience feed on our fear. want us to be afraid. want to keep us afraid so they can take advantage of us. when we experience fear it lowers our frequency or vibrational rate and lowers us to those entities that dwell on those lower levels of existence. so some entities try and drag us down to their level so they can affect us more and open us up to their attacks.

staying positive, staying fearless, staying with god protects us and keeps us safe from all those nasty little critters out there who seek to do us harm.
edit on 28-8-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

I'll be happy to answer any questions as well as accept any tips

Two tips:

First, dont worry about your setting. The setting will never be perfect, for anything. But you seem to be working with whatcha got, and are doing so successfully.

Keep it up.

Second, ignore the bleating fundamentalists who will try and invoke fear from you to stall your progress. After physical relaxation (which you seem to have got down), fear is the biggest block in peoples path to out of body journeys.

Know this truth, which the fundys will scream and squeal is not true due to the fear evoked in them of the implications of personal responsibility: you are the absolute sovereign of your own being. No entity, being, thought form, make-believe deity, pretender god, or anything else, is able to compel you in any way to do anything, whatsoever. They can offer, they can influence with suggestion, they can tempt you with an exchange, but nothing can happen to you without your explicit consent.

Reading down further I now see youve already said you are not afraid. I am glad to see this. But still remember the above; things may try and scare you by falsely implicating that you can be harmed/controlled/forced to do something against your will. Know that it is just an attempt at deception to put you into a place of fear, making you easier to control, for their own #s and giggles.

Heres a third tip for when you reach "deeper" levels, such as the "lower astral" which is directly adjacent to this dimension, and can contain entities who are, in ATS terms, "ill-mannered". Ive noticed that if you exude an aura of stoicism, detached from emotion, you are practically invisible to these beings. Sometimes one will look at you; if you feel fear, it will start to take interest. If you look back at it without feeling, it will immediately lose interest.

It can be hard to do this at first, and when one looks at you, youll probably feel a pang of fear and itll become interested. You might awaken. When you do, the best thing to do is try your best to go directly back to the same place, and re-encounter the situation, and continue right where you left off with the intent to stare the entity right in the eye, and feel nothing.

Odds are the same entity will no longer be present; they will sense a greater resolve in you, and no longer be interested. But doing this, getting right back on the horse so to speak, is great training to eliminate that unconscious fear response that most of us have.

Good luck, and continue your practice.

edit on 8/28/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sa-weet!! Finally a new OBE thread! I have been interested in this subject for a few years now. I began my attempts a couple of years ago. I also tried the 3-4 AM trick. Only a few times did I achieve the vibrations/rushing feeling. Never projected or felt myself going. I used to take naps in the day room of my house. I would occasionally "wake" while napping. I could hear the sounds of my house, even see the surroundings in the room, although my eyes were closed and I even knew I was still sleep. Just thought it was a very boring dream. A dream of me sleeping. Then I heard about OBEs and thought this may be the beginning of what it was. My gaining of ground, so to speak, was cut short when I began Nursing school. Now my mind is cluttered with thoughts of medications, disease processes, tests and stress. I just can't shut my mind off. I begin to go into a trance-like state, only to suddenly snap out of it with thoughts of school and work. I am hoping to have more time this semester, as my study load is less.
On the subject of dreams, I learned to levitate and fly when I was maybe 12. For a long time, all I could do was levitate in dreams. Then I could fly slowly, but with great effort. Now, I can usually fly at great heights and navigate the surrounding areas. I can fly above wherever I am, look down at a particular are of interest and fly to it. Very fun and awesome. Actually sometimes inspires fear of heights. However, I do not recognize that I am dreaming, only that I can control certain aspects of my dream. Is this lucid dreaming? Hell if I know.
For those experienced with meditation, or those who have surpassed the obstacles of daily life thought interjection while attempting to meditate, any good advice to get past my own head?
OP, thank you for bringing this topic up. I love to read of people's experiences, either beginner or expert. I just want to visit the parts of the world that I can't afford to go to.
C'est bon! Wil

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wilkinsonus

i know exactly what you mean about life and daily obstacles coming to mind when trying to relax. i used to have the same issue. i was never able to be calm when going to bed and i would toss and turn all night being kept awake by anxiety or stress or this or that.

here's what works for me in terms of successful meditation.

i lay on my back in a comfortable position and close my eyes. i begin breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. deep relaxing breaths. during these initial breaths you are just calming yourself down. i imagine every breath i breathe outwards that im blowing out all the thoughts that are in my head. if something pops in, i picture myself blowing it out of my mind with my breath carrying it out of me. i then start at my feet and feel myself relaxing every muscle in my body from my feet all the way up to my head.

but the main thing for me is(and i've read this many other places) is to focus on the feeling of the air entering your nose under your nostrils and focusing on the feeling of the breath leaving your mouth on your lips.

this way you aren't thinking any thoughts. you're not thinking any words, any pictures, nothing. you're just breathing in and out keeping your focus on the sensation your breaths are making coming in and coming out. before you know it you've kept your focus just on the feeling of your breath and you've cleared your mind of thoughts.

it's at this point where i'm actual able to slow my heart rate if i want, if its too fast or beating quickly from stress or whatever. it's hard to explain, but with focus it works.

from there you can move onto 3rd eye exercises, astral projection, lucid dreaming etc

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Nice. Thank you! I've always heard that I should focus on my breathing, yet no one has broken it down like that. So thank you. I'll give it a shot. I know one issue that plagues me is the presence of caffeine in my system. Since I do have sleep issues, constant daily fatigue, I require a % hour energy or something similar to keep myself alert and sharp. I really don't want to make any errors or miss anything while in clinicals in the hospital. So, I rely on the wonderful qualities of caffeine and it's brethren. That probably has a large impact on my ability to focus and relax, considering I already know it raises my heart rate and blood pressure a fair amount.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

trust me i know what you mean! i'm in the exact same boat pretty much. that's why i've learned to slow my heart rate down during the meditation. caffeine has a hell of a half-life!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I can try to answer your questions, as a follower in the Robert Monroe/William Buhlman ideology branch:

1. Due to my inability to have alone quite time during the day (busy life), are there any other techniques I can use?

There are quite a few - I don't practice my projections during the day, as I'm a typical 9-5'er. The most common one that I do is I will go to bed early, and set my alarm for 30 minutes before I really do need to get up. First alarm goes off, I wake up, but keep my breathing slow and eye's closed. When I start to detect a dream coming on, or that I am drifting back off, I try to catch myself dreaming, at which point the vibrations take over.

The other method I have done, and has given me success in the past, can only be done every six months. What I do is put on some music that I'm familiar with, and focus my concentration on the music. Eventually, my body falls asleep, but I am still "awake" listening to music. The reason you need to do it every six months is because doing it daily causes the body to tune the music out (it becomes background noise/white noise after a while).

2. My concentration abilities have become better over the past couple months, but nowhere near where I think they should be, but improving. Any techniques to improve concentration?

I've got a couple you can try - The first is focusing on some kind of noise (such as a fan, the wind, music). The Second is focus on something on you, such as your heartbeat or breath. The third is giving yourself something to think about, such as trying to relax your body.

Another would be to focus on where you want to go, and try to focus on placing yourself there as much as possible; I like to use another room in my apartment, as I've found places you've been to before make it easier.

3. I've read about brainwaves and have tried them with no(less?) success, any tips on using brainwaves? I.E Should I be trying techniques or should I be just going to sleep and letting the brainwave do all the work?

I've done brainwaves before, and my experiences have been somewhat...bad. I think if anything they held me back, unless the brainwaves themselves were subtle to the point where I couldn't detect them.

The Brainwave Generator does come with the 90-day guide produced by Robert Bruce, and is part of the course, but I haven't tested them out yet.

4. I've noticed a vastly improved dream memory, I remember my dreams almost every night. Any other side effects I should expect? Hope for?

One of the largest side effects I've noticed is a decreased fear of things around me - I mean, it's not like I'm going around doing reckless things, but when you think about it, the root fear of everything is pretty much death, and astral projection seems to lend that there's more beyond once we pass on.

Another one that I noticed is that my visualization skills have gotten better over time, as have my dreams, and lucid dreaming. Apart from that, getting to the point where you can control when your projections happen is the ultimate goal; Mine are somewhat controlled, but often, they are not.

And I'll answer this bonus one:

5. Are there any dangers to Astral Projection/OBEs?

While I cannot account for 100% of the astral itself, I have experienced NO dangers. The general consensus among those of us that do not look at it from a religious perspective is this: Negative thoughts will attract negative entities on the astral, period. Negative entities can only bother you, not harm you - why?

Think of a bully on the playground - he will only push you around while he feels that he has the upper hand; you turn on him, and he'll stop pretty quickly what he's doing.

And, this sounds stupid, but to a negative entity, positive emotions are like acid, in that they cannot gain anything from it. And no, you cannot kill them on the astral, nor is there any spiritual "good vs evil" war going on.

Finally, for those of you claiming doom & gloom to astral projection, remember, your own thoughts can take form on the astral, meaning that some of the very beings that are bothering you, or the nasty places you've seen...might have actually come from yourself.

-fossilera

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Lots of great posts, I’ll try to get to them all:

a reply to: spazze

I don’t like the word lucky, but I’ll accept blessed
I’ll be sure to check out that youtube video(s) you mentioned, thank you for the tips!

a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

I really don’t physically “try” to get out of my body in that sense… I relax than concentrate on anything. So far the best for me was “flying up and down” as my concentration. I think anything really as long as it’s one thing works fine. I feel vibrations and a gushing wind through my ears than start to float and I know I’m out. I don’t try to get out, I just do.

I often do visualization of myself out of my body throughout the day, but when it comes down to the astral projection I just go to “Fully relax, than concentrate on one thing” I’m still learning myself but my body seems to “get out” on its own without me having to “will it” or anything like that. I’ve already printed out a bunch of paperwork on the pineal gland and how to de-calcify it, I’ll be reading through them when I get free moments.

I agree, Positivity is key to almost everything in life. We all have a choice to look at everything in a positive and negative light, it’s always our choice.

a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Thank you for the great tips! I will keep practicing

Lol I hope more people come and share their experiences and give me more tips, I love reading them and learning about it. Yeah Like another poster said, When I first started I felt like I had “ADD” my mind would literally go “Ok Circle above my head, no make it a square, ok a long bed size square, my wife’s on the bed with me, I wonder what we’re having for dinner tomorrow, I haven’t had steak in a while, This weekend is going be great, I don’t understand if Aliens exist why didn’t’ wouldn’t just conquer us, I would so conquer an alien world, I should astral project to an alien wor… oh CRAP! Circle circle circle”

a reply to: fossilera

The every six months music thing sounds like a good one. I love visualization, I will try picturing myself in other rooms more.

I guess brainwaves are a give or take, perhaps I had too high expectations. It seems to be more of an aid (if that) to the process than replacing the process all together.

I’ll be more fearless! Yes! Thank you for reinforcing further my belief on the remaining positive.

More questions for all of you:

How long have you guys been astral projecting?

What’s the weirdest place you've been? Is it always the “real world” I keep hearing about the “Astral Plane” how do you go there?

I've only just seen Earth as it is, with the exception of that one creepy creature smiling at me…

edit on 8/29/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join