It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worth of people?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sorry I guess you misunderstood my intentions. Their is a person in my life who has minimal education yet makes six figures years because of a career of back breaking work. I have nothing but respect for that person. He deserves it. His family is taken care of because he feels they deserve it. This person is very honorable, makes enough to show people that he is far more successful they... like you having cars that are 10+ years... meeting a need, and living in excess are too different things. I am trying to understand why someone needs 5 cars.... three houses with 15 rooms when he has a family 3.... IMO we should not hold people to a higher prestige because of things they own.

It's hard to see the importance of the fork lifter driver, when the physicist is talking about string theory. When hearing the forklift driver explaining the plan-o-gram for the storing and moving units... how important is the physicist? Would you let children go to a school with no custodial staff? In a school covered in filth the teachers are not the most important people.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

The way to transition is to flip it upside down. There are different currency systems. Could one be invented that by design, eradicates the need for greed? One that benefits everyone?

Later, money as a fictional value of worth could be phased out.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Whats interesting is that there are probably people who can buy up all the rice and wheat in the world, only to store it up and keep it from the world. Hopefully nobody wants to do that or allow them to do it, but just making an example of what people can theoretically do with money.

It is actually a sort of dangerous predicament - how people are empowered with money.

Likewise there are people in the world that can wipe out starvation and all sorts of problems in the world with their money, on a massive scale. So why don't more people do it? I think it has to do with a deep down innate belief, (maybe you can call a spiritual belief) that people deserve what they get, the fortune they received, as if it were punishment for actions they made in past lives. So why help people who deserve to suffer? It is an interesting topic; maybe deserves its own post. But what if that were not the case, and everyone deserves to be relieved of their suffering.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I recently watched the movie featured in your video, Metropolis. I urge everyone who has not seen it, and/or does not believe we are slaves, to watch this movie. It was positively eerie, to see our world so aptly portrayed, even if metaphorically. Just like the book 1984 - this movie was prophetic.

Metropolis

People are worth EVERYTHING, but to many it will only become obvious when their comforts are removed. If the people whom many deem "uneducated" stopped working full stop for even a week, I sense people would quickly start to see how much their labour has been valued unjustly.

Those robots aren't quite ready yet folks, and after they come for the so-called bottom tier, your job will be next.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eyemin
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Aiming for an Utopia is a distraction... perfection is impossible proven by nature. Wow, I guess since that is the case maybe its the love of money that is the root of all evil. Since that is still love; is their a way to redirect that in people. Maybe removing money isn't the way to change the world. Maybe instead we should try to change peoples perspective on it. Get them to refocus their love.

Now that's thinkin!

The love of money is derived through the real value that it can bring into one's life. Our society is programmed to believe the best way to attain it is through hoarding in bank accounts, fraudulent investments, and tax havens (at the 'pro' level, at least). Through the exploitation of others, greed is thought to be satisfied to the greatewt degree possible.

But, investing into things like this does not allow that money to be invested back into society. Doing this on a large scale would yield more real dividends in the real world. Everything would advance faster.

I think to best utilize the 'resource' of society we have to enable individuals, rather than foster dependency. I think the first step to do this is give equal access to information resources, and a framework that puts open source creativity as its primary goal. Its not that far-fetched..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

I am interested in your thoughts on money phasing out...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Put the world's best minds together, with experts of historical currency systems, with the goal of abundance for all. People who care about humanity, not just themselves. Those that see past profit margins, and recognize private fractional reserve banking as fraud and slavery. Plenty of choice quotes you can find on that subject.

See what they come up with as a replacement. Last I checked, the federal reserve charter is expired. :-)

Colonial Script, Germanys Labor certificates, credit, not debt based currencies, tally sticks, etc. They all have lessons to offer. The current system, is probably one of the most evil. Printing money to and for inflation only steals whatever value it had from the already poor. Fiat is theft. Printing is silent theft.

Your time is your real money. It has value. It has intrinsic meaning.

Many of our problems have to do with a barbaric currency system in a modern world, intentionally designed for the benefit of very few. The history of banking literally is the hidden history of the world.

All wars are bankers wars, yes, even World War 1 and especially 2.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

(maybe you can call a spiritual belief) that people deserve what they get, the fortune they received, as if it were punishment for actions they made in past lives. So why help people who deserve to suffer?

"A flood of U.S. corn imports, combined with subsidies that favor agribusiness, are blamed for the loss of 2 million farm jobs in Mexico."

: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

The cheapest beans at the market in Managua are imported from the US where the average farmer receives $21,000 a year in subsidies from the government. It is impossible for Porfirio’s beans to compete against corporate agribusiness.

www.globalexchange.org...

Not sure if so many people deserve to suffer for an increase of salary.

Not that it matters but this is my line of spiritual thinking

"The soul who sins dies. The son won't bear the punishment of his father's sin and the father won't bear the punishment of his son's sin. The righteous deeds of that righteous person will be attributed to him, while the wicked deeds of the wicked person will be charged against him."
Ezekiel 18:20

P.S.. not saying you belief that people deserve to suffer.. just some of my thoughts on that topic.. very interesting

edit on E14America/Chicago08338 by Eyemin because: P.S

edit on E14America/Chicago08558 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

"I think the first step to do this is give equal access to information resources, and a framework that puts open source creativity as its primary goal. Its not that far-fetched.."

Library of Alexandria - www.britannica.com...

That idea has been around for a while. The internet is another example. We have the information now what?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

"Call it an experiment in governance, call it a way to live under a new set of rules of your own creation, maybe even a way to start your life over. You may one day be setting up your own sovereign nation."

"The Seasteading Institute is a nonprofit 501(c)(3), working to enable seasteading communities - floating cities - which will allow the next generation of pioneers to test new ideas for government. The most successful can then inspire change in governments around the world."

www.seasteading.org...

What if this place was built for people like engineers and scientists, that would all them to focus on solutions away from agenda's.

General question: If they lost all governments' support for that reason "refusal to follow orders" would you send clothes food etc to ensure they would be successful?
edit on E14America/Chicago08588 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I would try. I donate all of those kind of this to needy families and causes as is.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I would/do too... good looking out..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

That idea has been around for a while. The internet is another example. We have the information now what?

The internet isn't another example, it is the example and I am glad to see you made the connection. Of course, it is all only in its infancy. I am hoping you catch on to the deeper implications..

Then comes the framework.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I have always believed each person was unique. Each and everyone one of us on the planet make up a tapestry of life.
Each person is a thread within that tapestry. If one goes missing...the tapestry is spoilt.

so no matter what your individual status is... remember that you are important and vital.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It seems to me that house hold quantum computers would bring you closet to that goal.

"...it will take an unreasonable amount of time (from dozens to millions of years depending of key length) to calculate a secret key and decrypt the connection. It turns out that quantum computers might help here. Using Shor’s algorithm, a quantum computer comes to a final state corresponding to solved mathematical problems very quickly, almost as fast, as an ordinary computer multiplying a couple of numbers."

blog.kaspersky.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It seems to me that house hold quantum computers would bring you closet to that goal.

What goal is it that you envision I have?

Perhaps a better stepping stone would be to delve even deeper into the core. We have based our existence on technology alone for so long that we have forgotten to advance alongside it. I think we are starting to get a glimpse at how technology can change our world. Perhaps now is the time to write a story that uses technology as a tool, rather than "who we are."

Now is the time to create a framework that embraces the change rather than one that relies on planned obsolence or specific technologies. Embracing open source more completely would not only make it a success, it would be unlike anything the human race has seen.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"What goal is it that you envision I have? "

Many I am narrow minded, a way to ensure that "all" information should become public knowledge.

Also do you suggest merging technology and the human body together?
edit on E14America/Chicago08028 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Many I am narrow minded, a way to ensure that "all" information should become public knowledge.

Also do you suggest merging technology and the human body together?

I can't say I do support that. I think that technology should shift to being a tool rather than our sole legacy that defines who we are. Investments are made in the form of welfare, but it has exceedingly poor 'return.' Putting instant access to information into the hands of the needy would supply a tool rather than a blank check of sorts. People who already have access are already in a position to utilize anything released online.

It wouldn't require declassification of private/government ops either, as the open source public sector could overtake it rather quickly. Its success would depend on the same principles that oligarchs use to thrive; small individual contributions from a large pool. Regardless, it is only one option of many. All of them have a similar requirement that determines success: participation. The system that people put their resources into en masse will end up dominant, every time.

For most, it is all about personal pay-offs. But, perhaps other societal and economic options could better satisfy everyones personal pay-offs in less direct, but just as meaningful, 'profit.'

Here is that vid you posted:

Hopefully, many on sites like this are aware at the scale on which this can be successful.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

AWESOME video...

So good in fact that I created a folder on my hard drive in order to research it further.

Thanks.

EDIT: just did some research on this guy, like the below quote says, too much just doesn't add up...

This 2010 e-book debunks Alan Watt and the NWO-spawned Zeitgeist Movement (2007). Alan is shown to be a subtle NWO-Theosophist. After being a fan of Alan's for over 2 years, I now see him as a subtle NWO-Theosophist. Yes, in many areas, he's full of great information, pointing out various agenda-revealing writings (penned by even the elites themselves), and yes, he debunks the New Age/Theosophy and exposes Freemasonry- but when it comes to ancient history and religion, some of his assertions just don't add up. In fact, after delving into some of his biggest claims, I began to realize that his views concerning Judaism and Christianity sounded a lot like the Freemasonic/Theosophical version of history. Alan is part of the higher-NWO agenda of finally dismantling all of the religions. archive.org...

No Longer Listening to Alan Watt…

ALAN WATT EXPOSED

edit on 26-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

To be clear, that was posted by Eyemin before an edit, and it looked like there were some issues with the embed.

I thought it was good to share it regardless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join