It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels and Daemons, the philosophy of Plato

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

My thoughts on Plato and Socrates. I think it's number 1 but for this discussion it doesn't matter.

1. Plato is the prophet, Socrates the character
2. Socrates is the prophet who writes under the name Plato.
3. Plato is a student of Socrates that has brought u the complete works that should be attributed to Socrates.

Plato's compete works consist of over 1500 pages of one man's philosophy. Why do I need to know anyone else's works to understand Plato? Isn't 1500 pages from one man enough to understand his philosophy?

You probably took a course in Greek History where the philosophy is mistakenly all lumped together into something like Hellinism, which was a religious idea based on Greek ideology, but especially focused on the forms of governments in The Republic.

Plato/Socrates claimed devine inspiration. If he was a prophet his works should stand alone, and they do. If I want to study Jesus, I go to the bible not the Gnostic texts that were left out. If I want to understand Plato I read Plato not the Gnostic texts written by his students.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The word devil is (also translated as demon) translated from the Greek word diaballo (or diabolos) which is a cognate of two words

ballo-to cast out or to throw down or to lay or strike
dia- through …..which denotes a channel of an ACT

a devil is an act of something cast out thrown down through a channel.

It is not “a being” it is an action that has been anthropomorphized to mean something it isn’t.Demons are not “spirit beings simply because there are no such thing as a “spirit” being/entity”.Spirit means breath or simply what is alive.

The whole “confusion” of these words is called babel(Babylon) ..which means the confusion of words.It is the basis of ALL of mankinds Belief System religion”.A person “believes”(perceives) “THROUGH” their Belief System.They “define” their “World” through their experiences which form their Belief System religion.

In other words “demons” are the “acts” of “false perceptions” of believing THROUGH a Belief System religion” which became anthropomorphized into “beings/entities.

Mans acting on “babel” through their Belief System is their nature of imperception of Truth.They “create” mythical beings to “justify” their perception of their experiences….the devil made me (tempted) me to do it….and in the Truth sense… it is true however it was NOT a “spiritual being/entity” because they are not true at all.They are figments of mans Belief System religion.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: sacgamer25
What makes more since Plato's Angel, Daemon, and soul? Or what the church has taught you?

Neither one really...

Studying philosophy to learn about the spiritual realm makes very little sense to me.

I don't believe in demonic possession, only insanity. Why would I read the writings of someone who has believed in insanity?

What is the bible? Isn't the OT the philosophy of Moses? The NT the philosophy of Jesus. The Koran the philosophy of Mohammed. The Vedas the philosophy of Hinduism, Buddhism the philosophy of Buddah. All the world religions are philosophy, and the philosophy is the Holy Spirit. Plato agrees in the same philosophy.

There are really only two base philosophies. The philosophy of the Holy Spirit, or the philosophy of the conscious.

The philosophy of the Holy Spirit is one that suggests that within all men is a Spirit that leads us to virtue, love and peace.

The philosophy of the conscious, declares that our conscious is only accountable to what we were taught. Example If we were to teach all children that it was necessary to do an annual purge, like the movie, our conscious would accept that truth with no remorse.

Who follows Hellinism, philosophy without the spirit?

Niche went crazy

Freud thought cocain was the path to heaven.

Who follows Hellinism?

Stalin, Lennon, Hitler to name a few.
Actually we have been lead into all genocide by men who either refuse the Holy Spirit or those who believe in Zionism, where only one group has God's authority on earth. Some have held both views that are against the Holy Spirit, They create the real hell.

I believe in the Holy Spirit within all men, not just one man or one group of men.
edit on 25-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
All though assumptions must be terribly hard work.

At least you can read. Maybe eventually you'll be interested in understanding what you read. Until then enjoy your reading.

My thoughts on Plato and Socrates. I think it's number 1 but for this discussion it doesn't matter.

1. Plato is the prophet, Socrates the character
2. Socrates is the prophet who writes under the name Plato.
3. Plato is a student of Socrates that has brought u the complete works that should be attributed to Socrates.

Plato's compete works consist of over 1500 pages of one man's philosophy. Why do I need to know anyone else's works to understand Plato? Isn't 1500 pages from one man enough to understand his philosophy?

You probably took a course in Greek History where the philosophy is mistakenly all lumped together into something like Hellinism, which was a religious idea based on Greek ideology, but especially focused on the forms of governments in The Republic.

Plato/Socrates claimed devine inspiration. If he was a prophet his works should stand alone, and they do. If I want to study Jesus, I go to the bible not the Gnostic texts that were left out. If I want to understand Plato I read Plato not the Gnostic texts written by his students.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I think there is more than one path but only one that gets you where you need to go. Jesus will be at the top of all paths pointing you in the true direction before you find out that those paths lead you off a cliff. I think it is a very good op with only small differences that people get hung up on. Finding an argument over spelling to the point it brings hatrid is amusing considering that it is the word dayman deman demon. Sounds like a hot jewlie day.

You are right there is only one path where salvation can be known. It is through the Holy Spirit, and all the sacred texts agree in the attributes of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the light of he world, the Holy Spirit, it is only through him that anyone is enlightened, and all the sacred texts were inspired by the same Holy Spirit.

The Christ/Holy Spirit is the same in every text, without contradictions, they all fit together.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

What is the bible? Isn't the OT the philosophy of Moses?

God's Word is FACT...

Plato wrote fiction, NOT philosophy.

This is why Martin Luther called it "the Devil's whore".

Richard Schwartz summed it up best:

Socratic philosophy represents a dead end in any search for ultimate truth. Its reputation as the pinnacle of Western thought is undeserved. ~ Richard Schwartz

"This I know; reason is the devil's whore, born of one stinking goat called Aristotle" ~ John Osborne (Luther - A Play)

"What is there in common between Athens and Jerusalem? What between the Academy and the Church? What between heretics and Christians? ...Away with all projects for a 'Stoic,' a 'Platonic,' or a 'dialectic' Christianity! After Christ Jesus we desire no subtle theories..." ~ Tertullian

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Whore is a derogatory word with an entymology that does not support its negative connotation.

The church historically changed many feminine positives into negatives to suit their need. Another word that suffered that fate is harlot.

You should look up where these words you throw around so easily came from. You may wish to keep in mind how you are perceived quotimg documented woman haters.

If it helps your understanding, I would take all those words as a complement.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Documented 'woman haters', just like broken clocks, are occasionally right.

FYI, focusing all of your efforts on a single 'derogatory' word in a citation while at the same time completely ignoring every thing else I said doesn't do a whole lot for your credibility either.

TRUTH... not always a pleasant thing...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So the bible has been misinterpreted according to you by the church.

Isn't it just as likely the Hellenistic ones got this one wrong also?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Not sure what you are getting at here, can you please clarify?

I know very little about Hellenistic philosophy...

BTW, I just saw your comment:

Plato/Socrates claimed devine inspiration.

I did not know this but it sure explains a lot...

edit on 25-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The simplest way to put Hellinism would be to say they do not believe in a greater good. They don't accept devine law.

They think man is to rule man without regard to the Holy Spirit.

Plato believed in the greater good, the One God and the Holy Spirit. Since he came before Christ and I believe "the alegory of the cave" is about Christ. I think he was teaching about the coming Christ, and his take on the Old Testament.

If you are unfamiliar with "the allegory of the cave" you can check it out on YouTube, it's a rather short video. I don't know how to embed from my phone or I would.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Jesus claims their is more than one path.

Jesus said there was more than one path to Heaven? Where did he say that?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Utilizing a word with such hatred overshadowed all the other things you took the time to type.

Your definition of truth doesn't match the dictionary either. You should double check it.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Utilizing a word with such hatred overshadowed all the other things you took the time to type. Your definition of truth doesn't match the dictionary either. You should double check it.

So citing a quote from Martin Luther is now a hate crime is it?

Why is it that whenever someone gets a little too close to the truth, all of a sudden it becomes a hate issue?

I believe this quote nails it down pretty tightly:

So what is hate speech? You can Google a definition if you want, but my definition will be more honest. It’s any form of expression given a label so that it can conveniently be silenced. www.avoiceformen.com...

Attempting to defend an argument without any evidence only leaves a person with one other alternative...

Since you have nothing intelligent to say, all you have left is an attempt at manipulating emotions.

Personal attack, ridicule, and derailing the conversation is a clear sign of desperation.

And since WHEN has quoting a line from a film become a definition?

Seems rather ironic that YOUR definition of truth is completely out of touch with reality as well.

The next time you use a dictionary to make your point, check that copyright and see who is really hiding behind the lies:

...please stop calling them 'elite', especially with a capital! I'm sure they love you for it & they probably started that reference to them since my (old) dictionaries say the meaning of elite is 'the pick, the flower, the best part'. Hardly applies to them does it? Now online and new dictionaries say it means rich and powerful people. Please stop perpetuating this myth of them being 'elite'.

www.knowledgeoftoday.org...

The Illuminati realized they had to deceive an entire population of people if they had any hope whatsoever of achieving their coveted New World Order. As early as 1911, the Illuminati began buying textbook writing companies, until they owned them all after World War I. Once they got control of textbooks, they gradually began to "dumb down" the curricula and rewrite history. Rewriting history was the first step in achieving the New World Order. Source

edit on 26-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

All roads lead to God and judgment. The Holy Spirit leads to heaven. Do you have to follow the Holy Spirit or do you have free will? I have free will, and I choose to follow the Holy Spirit.

In my own journey I have traveled down many different paths, so I know that thier is definitely more than one path.

What did I learn? My free will drove me to repentance and the Holy Spirit.

edit on 26-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I find reading all your comments to be full of patriarchal condensation. Ty for taking the time to reply with sexist derogatory remarks.

I'm certain I didn't do that to you. I find myself constantly backspacing when I type to Jesus freaks and replace that with the term bible thumpers out of kindness. However there is no kindness or desire for actual discussion in any of your remarks. They are petty vile comments.

I hope you enjoyed typing them, I enjoyed showing my children your terrible commentary. Enjoy your opinion because clearly that's the only one you care to have regurgitated back to you.

Fyi... I didn't even bother reading anything cited from a website that had 'men' in the name after my comments. Clearly you didn't get it. I'm tired of trying.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

All roads lead to God and judgment. The Holy Spirit leads to heaven. Do you have to follow the Holy Spirit or do you have free will? I have free will, and I choose to follow the Holy Spirit.

In my own journey I have traveled down many different paths, so I know that thier is definitely more than one path.

What did I learn? My free will drove me to repentance and the Holy Spirit.

More than one path is simply not true.
If it was true then Jesus died in vain?

<< 1  2   >>

join