It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed White Teen Shot Dead By Non-White Utah Cop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was tipped off to this topic by a kind lurker here in his very 1st post. I tried to get them to post a thread about it, but too shy. theatreboy gets credit! OK here's the scoop. August 18,2014

The Salt Lake City police officer who shot 20-year-old Dillon Taylor outside a convenience store last week was wearing a body camera. And that footage will be released to the public upon the completion of the investigation.

Burbank drew a distinction between Taylor’s shooting, in which the officer involved was not white, and the racially charged shooting of Michael Brown, the black teenager who was fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., two days before Taylor was killed.

www.sltrib.com...

Not a peep about this on the MSM. Just found out about from theatreboy. I tried finding out what race Officer Brett Olsen is but no luck so far. It doesn't sound Hispanic so it must be black! The shoe is on the other foot now. Where is the outrage!

edit on 22-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
MSM "Silence is Golden" tactic.

Advertisers complex.

The Progressive Thinktanks are scratching their collective heads.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I know what your saying but there is a difference. Blacks in America really are classified as sub-citizen. Not legally or anything but it is quite clear unless your blind that blacks in America live in another world than the whites. Exceptions of course, both ways. Whether they bring it on themselves or there is an agenda will never be answered outright but here we are, still.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I think this is the guy. He looks white sort of. Maybe Native American? Maybe Hispanic? Or did the newspaper make a typo? Well it doesn't matter! What matters is the the unarmed teen was shot and killed! I think this cop also recently killed someones dog also. What is your opinion? Is this cop white or not?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Thankfully these cops are already wearing body cameras! That should go a long way to getting a definitive answer. It's unfortunate that the impetus for posting this seems to be "The shoe is on the other foot now. Where is the outrage!"

The MSM tends to focus on one national news story at a time. Unarmed people are killed often in encounters with police which is apparent when you read the posts in this forum. The stories don't always cause a huge outrage but sometimes they do. If there had been little or no reaction by the people of Ferguson, the Michael Brown shooting probably wouldn't be getting much coverage.

I seem to remember being personally outraged over the beating death of Kelly Thomas and a considerable amount of media attention.
edit on 2014-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

What is your opinion? Is this cop white or not

So this is what we've come to? Tit-for-tat race pimping? He looks blue to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This article says the cop was black. Call out the National Guard! Cancel school. Bring in the Bearcats.
Black cop kills white man, media hide race
Read more at www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You can try and compare but to do that is a disservice to the discussion. African Americans get treated very differently by the police. I have had a case where being pulled over by the police and with me being the driver, my Black friend was hassled and nearly arrested for no other discernible reason other than the color of his skin. He wasn't belligerent, dressed "thuggish" or anything like that, yet they raked him over the coals. It was quite the eye opener. He took it a lot better than I would have in his situation.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
I don't think that's him. I'm trying to show the difference in news coverage. Black teen shot dead by white cop = massive coverage. White teen shot dead by black cop = crickets! So you criticize my little thread but the endless Ferguson threads are a OK? Gotcha...

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I know what your saying but there is a difference. Blacks in America really are classified as sub-citizen. Not legally or anything but it is quite clear unless your blind that blacks in America live in another world than the whites. Exceptions of course, both ways. Whether they bring it on themselves or there is an agenda will never be answered outright but here we are, still.

Slavery was abhorrent and so were Jim Crow Laws but that ended in 1964.

REAL RACISM is practiced by liberals that feel black people in 2014 are still not smart enough or good enough to make it on a level playing field and need special privileges and this is holding black people back.

It is time for Black people to take charge of themselves and their behavior as a group.

At some point they cannot keep blaming others.

Nobody disputes the injustices of the past but it is time to move on.

Also it starts in the home with the parent/s taking the time to invest in their children instead of throwing money at them not caring if they are in the streets or that the streets are raising them.

It is all a mindset.

I am not blind to the racism that exists on ALL sides of isle.

I have stated here many times that I am white and my husband is black.

We came from identical backgrounds - being extremely poor and single mothers raising us with no child support.

Children mimic their parents and are taught by experience.

IMHO.

ETA: I am neither Dem or Rep.

edit on 21-8-2014 by wanderingconfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I see there is a double standard, we shouldn't talk about this because it doesn't get ratings? It happened 2 days after Mike Brown being shot. Not a word on the major cable networks. Is it only newsworthy when black teens are shot by white cops?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
I don't think that's him. I'm trying to show the difference in news coverage. Black teen shot dead by white cop = massive coverage. White teen shot dead by black cop = crickets! So you criticize my little thread but the endless Ferguson threads are a OK? Gotcha...

I'm criticizing your motivation. Are you really concerned in knowing what happened or are you really attempting to prove some misguided political point? That seems more of a political mud-pit sort of thing.

You want to see a contrast between how the media reports on white and black murderers and victims?

Huff Post - When The Media Treats White Suspects And Killers Better Than Black Victims

Give that a read.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I was tipped off to this topic by a kind lurker here in his very 1st post. I tried to get them to post a thread about it, but too shy. theatreboy gets credit! OK here's the scoop. August 18,2014

The Salt Lake City police officer who shot 20-year-old Dillon Taylor outside a convenience store last week was wearing a body camera. And that footage will be released to the public upon the completion of the investigation.

Burbank drew a distinction between Taylor’s shooting, in which the officer involved was not white, and the racially charged shooting of Michael Brown, the black teenager who was fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., two days before Taylor was killed.

www.sltrib.com...

Not a peep about this on the MSM. Just found out about from theatreboy. I tried finding out what race Officer Brett Olsen is but no luck so far. It doesn't sound Hispanic so it must be black! The shoe is on the other foot now. Where is the outrage!

I agree with you. There should be outrage in any and every community when a injustice occurs.

I think many people are allowing themselves to be misdirected. The problem is not black and white. The problem is militarized police officers being allowed to get away with Gestapo tactics, brutalizing, terrorizing and killing the citizens that pay them.

Don't fall victim to the ruse. There is no place in America where the police can justify the use of combat gear and equipment in the performance of their duty to protect and serve the American people.

If America is in so much danger that her citizens have to give up their basic rights and freedoms then we obviously have the wrong people on the job. If they can't protect America and have allowed the enemy in the gate and have invited them to dinner, then why should we believe that we are any safer with them locking us behind locked doors?

Are we really that gullible or are we just to afraid to face the truth? Death by an enemy is easier for me to accept than death by my own countryman.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
As a white woman, my only question is, WHAT DID THE KID DO TO DESERVE IT??? was it justified or not???? Don't care what color either the cop or Mr Taylor was, don't care about race, religion, what he had for breakfast, none of it matters. Was it justified or not????

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I think this is the guy. He looks white sort of. Maybe Native American? Maybe Hispanic? Or did the newspaper make a typo? Well it doesn't matter! What matters is the the unarmed teen was shot and killed! I think this cop also recently killed someones dog also. What is your opinion? Is this cop white or not?

Looks like Farva.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

www.sltrib.com...

Thank you for starting this thread.

I wanted to night before last but didn't have enough posts under my proverbial belt to do so.

The reason for me wanting to bring light to this tragedy is to shed the light on the divide and conquer mentality.

It amazes me how the top of the proverbial totem poles will sacrifice their life and others to please the proverbial bottom of the totem pole.

The families of Taylor and Brown are banding together to stand up and say NO MORE.

I hope many many many stand with them!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No thanks, I think this thread is posted in the proper place. It's very telling already at this early stage that I'm right in thinking what the media considers newsworthy. It's really sad. Huffington Post is not among sources I respect.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Dude you forgot to blame obama and holder, just a friendly reminder.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

www.sltrib.com...

I agree with you. There should be outrage in any and every community when a injustice occurs.

I think many people are allowing themselves to be misdirected. The problem is not black and white. The problem is militarized police officers being allowed to get away with Gestapo tactics, brutalizing, terrorizing and killing the citizens that pay them.

Don't fall victim to the ruse. There is no place in America where the police can justify the use of combat gear and equipment in the performance of their duty to protect and serve the American people.

If America is in so much danger that her citizens have to give up their basic rights and freedoms then we obviously have the wrong people on the job. If they can't protect America and have allowed the enemy in the gate and have invited them to dinner, then why should we believe that we are any safer with them locking us behind locked doors?

Are we really that gullible or are we just to afraid to face the truth? Death by an enemy is easier for me to accept than death by my own countryman.

I gave you a star, my friend.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

No thanks, I think this thread is posted in the proper place. It's very telling already at this early stage that I'm right in thinking what the media considers newsworthy. It's really sad. Huffington Post is not among sources I respect.

Well if you're waiting for one of the sources you do respect to speak about police brutality, you're going to have to wait until an unarmed black person gets killed by the cops and somebody else covers it. Then they'll dust off the stories like this that they don't otherwise care about so they have some ammunition for the right-wing race pimps.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join