It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown: my opinion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I want people to take a close look at the circumstances surrounding the events in Ferguson, MO.
Michael Brown, 18, was shot and killed by officer Darren Wilson following a strong-armed robbery committed by Brown.
It is now known Wilson did NOT KNOW Brown committed a robbery AT THE TIME he encountered Brown and friend. He simply asked them to get out of the road, they decided they didnt have to.
After this, details are sketchy, but I want you to look at the robbery video.

Michael Brown TOWERS over the clerk, then shoves him as he walks out of his store.
Brown was 6’ 4”, 292 lbs, and used his height and weight to intimidate and threaten.
Yet people want to say this was a gentle giant, wouldnt hurt a soul. The videotape says otherwise, so why is everyone defending this criminal?
What is with society edifying criminals?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
The robbery had nothing to do with him being killed the cop only found out after he was dead
Yes he committed a crime but the person that killed him never know that. Why people are freaking out is simple even violent white guys get the stun gun. Lethal force is only used on whites if it has to be. Lethal force on any colored group is used at all times. You have never heard a unarmed white man killed. People can see that the police are just testing the waters to see what they can get away with. Funny how cops in my city can take people with samurai swords down. But in the USA you get killed. our cops got the same training hell our swat is trained by the USA and only kills if there is no other way. If this happened in my city this cop would be locked up all ready. Our cops take people down after shoot outs they still alive because in Canada even well you doing a crime your innocent tell proven guilty in a court of law. In the USA it's execution by cop
And from personal experience from what happened to my cousins and me shows how cops treat people. My cousin is a light skin girl she could pass as white me and my other cousin are darker caramel color we got pulled over one day for nothing driving well black the cop asked the dark people to get out the car and was being a dick to us we tried asking why he pulled us over he was telling us to shut up be quite asked for I'd we showed him. It then he nicely asked my light skin cousin out the car even helping her out the car told her he pulled us over because the driver and passenger matched the description of someone the dark people where then searched. Never asked my light skin cousin # funny part she was the only one with a record but the cop will never know that because he only ran the dark skins I'd. Funny how that works another time my cousin had her arm broke from the cop pulling her out the passenger seat because she asked why she had to get out the car two sisters one looks white one looks black whys the one that looks black always hassled by the cops and the white looking one is never even in same car or as they are together. Most the time the light skin will say you know we are sisters why are you treating her like that then cop changes attitude every time. Cops are rasist just like stores are don't believe me go to a store with a black friend have him go in first then watch the camera white boosters I know always ask a black person to go or go in stores with a black person in it knowing all the cameras will be watching the black guy and they steal the store blind
edit on 20-8-2014 by cloudsstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So because he pushed a 5-foot-nothing clerk out of his way, not only do you know everything about this person but you've also come to the conclusion that he thought he could intimidate a cop and the bullets from his gun?
edit on 2014-8-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The whole thing is a mess, mostly because the story keeps changing. I had read initially that Wilson (before he was identified) was a black policeman. Anyway, if Brown did give up as reported, then Wilson had no right to take his life, even if Brown is (ALLEGEDLY) a thug. If Brown was rushing Wilson (a different version), then I still think Wilson should have tried to down him by shooting him in the leg(s). I did concede on another site that with adrenalin pumping, etc., it may not have crossed Wilson's mind to try to down Brown with leg(s) shots--Brown was a big person, and if that "Brown rushing Wilson' version is true, obviously the arm shots weren't enough to down this 'giant'!

On another site today, it's now being reported that Wilson did know about the robbery when he first told them to get off the street. Just what is the truth, here?

Anyway, the police have no one but themselves to blame for people not trusting them or their official stories. They have proven time and time again that they are LIARS! And while I realize that there are good policemen, it's time for the good ones to correct/snitch on/demand the replacement of the bad ones, imo!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
He simply asked them to get out of the road, they decided they didnt have to.

We don't even know that, actually.

Yet people want to say this was a gentle giant, wouldnt hurt a soul.

WHO is saying that? Not one person that I've heard or read. There's a WHOLE lot of space between being a "gentle giant who wouldn't hurt a soul" and being a dangerous criminal who deserved what he got... He CLEARLY intimidated the clerk. He was a jerk.

The videotape says otherwise, so why is everyone defending this criminal?

No one is defending the robbery.

My position is that stealing a few cigars doesn't constitute pumping him full of bullets. What happened, we don't know. And we won't know until later, if ever.

The reason I defend him? INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Have you heard that before?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: cloudsstar

While I won't comment on most of the issues, the one thing people are not thinking about.

The officer did not know about the robbery, but Micheal Brown did. So, what do you think may have been running through his head, as the officer rolled up?

He didn't know that the officer didn't know about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
All Cops should wear video cameras.

For their own protection. At first I was against it.

However, since our local Police started wearing them complaints are down 80%.

Besides when the Governor and DOJ are calling for you to be prosecuted.

It would be nice to be able to let the video speak for itself.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

He didn't know that the officer didn't know about it.
a reply to: chiefsmom
Mind blown

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That has been mentioned several times in threads I've read. But it doesn't really mean anything. It's possible Brown reacted because of that. It's possible he ran and turned around and got filled with lead. It's possible He "bum-rushed" the cop. It's possible that just about anything happened.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cloudsstar

people seem to " forget " that brown himself knew that he had committed a robbery - and that he should expect any interaction with the police to go badly for him - obvious I know - but it seems to escape too many people

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Just my opinion, but I think that with what he had done just a few minutes earlier, may have had something to do with however things really went down. I don't know the truth of what happened. But I would think that that information (of what he had done) was why he chose to react to the situation, in what ever form he actually did.

edit on 20-8-2014 by chiefsmom because: NM, I've just seen it first hand.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The only thing that stands out to me is the complete lack of criminal record or history of him doing this.

I am certain he did it before if he did it this time. I am sure he has had cop trouble if he charged a cop and went for his gun.

What made him do this on that day when he hadn't really had issues doing it before?

Secondary to that....what kind of person goes looking for physical altercation while wearing sandals?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

No one is defending the robbery.

My position is that stealing a few cigars doesn't constitute pumping him full of bullets. What happened, we don't know. And we won't know until later, if ever.

The reason I defend him? INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Have you heard that before?

I've seen some defending the robbery. "He was just shoplifting!" No, he was stealing and then intimidated the clerk, physically shoving him. As to the "innocent until proven guilty" statement: How about we give the officer the same? I think most of us know he wasn't shot for the robbery. Something else happened. Was the officer justified? I don't know but, he's innocent until proven guilty, right?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Whether or not Michael B. robbed a store or not...is not the point...when Officer Wilson shot him he was unarmed and he was standing with his hands up in the air ready to surrender; then Wilson shot him 5 more times...to me this is the issue. Officer Wilson was wrong, wrong, wrong and there needs to be consequences.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

he was standing with his hands up in the air ready to surrender

Do we know this to be fact?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

The same can be said for Officer Wilson, correct?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Secondary to that....what kind of person goes looking for physical altercation while wearing sandals?

dunno what difference his footware actually makes but :

if you are waering sandles when you encounter the police - then however its resolved - you are going to do it wearing sandles

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

he was standing with his hands up in the air ready to surrender

Do we know this to be fact?

Yes...there are more than one eye witness...that this is a fact...a woman near by recorded it on her cell phone.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
got a link to this video?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
All Cops should wear video cameras.

For their own protection. At first I was against it.

However, since our local Police started wearing them complaints are down 80%.

Besides when the Governor and DOJ are calling for you to be prosecuted.

It would be nice to be able to let the video speak for itself.

I agree, cameras on all cops. This department didn't even have dash cams installed!

I saw an interview with a cop whose department had recently put cameras on their officers in the last year or so and he said it gave HIM piece of mind.

In the same piece, there was an interview with some official from the FOP and he was blabbering on about how wearing cameras would negatively impact an officer's interaction with the public!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join