It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Sighting Huge UFO Houston, TX

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Caught this on the local news tonight, and did a little research seems to be legit. Created quite a stir from what I've read. The video where someone is filming lighting driving down the highway is pretty amazing, especially since they didn't know they were filming some type of craft. Check it out, I couldn't find any other thread on this. I

Videothat also mentions an ATS member stating that he witnessed "wicked" lighting in Houston, but saw no UFO..

I don't know if this is connected? Seems to be.

‘Glowing disk’ by International Space Station sends UFO watchers into tizzy

Text By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mysterious objects noticed not once, not twice, but three times in the last week near the International Space Station have sent Unidentified Flying Object watchers andextraterrestrial enthusiasts on high alert.

The first of the three sightings of a cluster of white orbs was reported on Aug. 4 by UFO watchers who are plugged into NASA’s live webcam, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Blogger Scott Waring, who writes for UFO Sighting Daily, described what he saw as a “glowing disk,” the New York Daily News reported.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

It looks like there has been sightings throughout the last week or so, with all kinds of different descriptions.

If you YouTube it there is all kinds of videos
edit on 15-8-2014 by JediMindTrek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Interesting. Embedded for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
From the video quoting an ATS member:

Link to that thread - I'm not sure how to link directly to the post but, it is on the first page of thread by member Boscov.

I did not see any UFOs, but the storms that rolled through West Houston late Monday afternoon/early evening produced WICKED lightning. Not typical lightning, meaning, the lightning was sprawling, extensively branched, wider bolts, and seemed to strike the same areas multiple times over the course of 1-2 hours. The clouds were very low and bow-bent. Not much wind or rain, but the lightning frequency and intensity was CRAZY. I am not surprised UFOs were reported, because the sky was electrified...plasma strikes GALORE!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

Dontcha just love this site.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Good catch, I am reluctant to click on ufo threads, this is very interesting imo.

Thanks nightstar for embedding.
a reply to: JediMindTrek

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

That's why I hunted it down - I heard the narrator mention an ATS member, only he didn't say the name. I wanted to verify he was quoting correctly (he did).

Just trying to give credit where it's due - and maybe that ATS member would like to know that he has been quoted, if he doesn't already.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Interesting, I wonder if more pictures are out there, I am sure there are.

Refueling their ships with lightning?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JediMindTrek
Caught this on the local news tonight, and did a little research seems to be legit. Created quite a stir from what I've read. The video where someone is filming lighting driving down the highway is pretty amazing, especially since they didn't know they were filming some type of craft. Check it out, I couldn't find any other thread on this. I

Videothat also mentions an ATS member stating that he witnessed "wicked" lighting in Houston, but saw no UFO..

I don't know if this is connected? Seems to be.

‘Glowing disk’ by International Space Station sends UFO watchers into tizzy

Text By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mysterious objects noticed not once, not twice, but three times in the last week near the International Space Station have sent Unidentified Flying Object watchers andextraterrestrial enthusiasts on high alert.

The first of the three sightings of a cluster of white orbs was reported on Aug. 4 by UFO watchers who are plugged into NASA’s live webcam, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Blogger Scott Waring, who writes for UFO Sighting Daily, described what he saw as a “glowing disk,” the New York Daily News reported.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

It looks like there has been sightings throughout the last week or so, with all kinds of different descriptions.

If you YouTube it there is all kinds of videos

so that rules out the "isolated hoax theory"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I drove through Houston on Sunday (8/10) after picking up my son in Louisiana. Both of us saw multiple instances of what appeared to be almost perfectly vertical lightning strikes. Didn't see any UFOs, but the lightning was quite extraordinary.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

edit on 8/15/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My only question is if so many people saw it from 20 miles in any given direction and it was so large, why are there only two pictures of it......

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
S & F Jedi, Very Nice Post. This is one of the most convincing videos I've ever seen. Not to mention the lightning, It's Awesome literally. Thank You For This, Now to Bed Happily Dreaming of Flying Discs LOL
Peace Arjunanda a reply to: JediMindTrek

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JediMindTrek

*turns on X-Files theme*

Fascinating. Are their any reasonable explanations yet?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There probably are more pictures, but knowing how people are, a lot of them might still be in their cameras, or on computers, as opposed to being posted somewhere on the net..
You know, the old adage: "I don't know how to uplpoad or even use my camera properly".

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

There probably are more pictures, but knowing how people are, a lot of them might still be in their cameras, or on computers, as opposed to being posted somewhere on the net..
You know, the old adage: "I don't know how to uplpoad or even use my camera properly".

With as popular as social media is, facebook, twitter , places like this etc........

I simply cannot believe that only two people out of all the people who supposedly witnessed this knew how to upload a picture onto the internet......(if it was even two, im not convinced the same person didnt take both the pictures we saw)

I believe in UFOs ive seen the cigar type , and the zippy "defies logic fast" large glowing ball myself......

But I still hold hearty skepticism over jumping on the "Yeap thats genuine" bandwagon.......

I can understand not getting a pic if it was here one second and gone the next, but the report makes it sound like tons of people saw this thing. In fact it implies such , how else would they know that all sorts of people from as 20 miles away could see it?

Those pictures to me look like they could have been photoshopped.........

Not saying they are but objectivity is key............

I wish we could get a hold of those some how or one of the more technologically minded here on ATS could review them.
edit on 8/16/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JediMindTrek... Check it out, I couldn't find any other thread on this. I

This was, like, eight lines down, how hard did you look?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-8-2014 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Yep looks like we have a winner few posts down someone looks to have , to me proven its probably a hoax

Brazillian UFO hoax is identical

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
kalunom, Thanks for the credit. I was only reporting what I saw and experienced, which was the craziest lightning I have ever seen.

Like I said, I did not see the UFO, but seriously, this lightning was extraordinary. I have seen massive lightning storms while flying to Hawaii at night over the Pacific, still did not compare. A close friend saw the recent storm as well, he used to live in the Phillipines, Sri Lanka, and he said it was the most amazing electrical storm he had ever seen.

The UFO sightings are interesting, could be a hoax, but man, that power show was REAL.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Lots of people can see a ufo but that doesn't mean that everyone of them is able to get a photo or video of it. Plus not everyone is capable of taking a steady picture so it might just be a blurry mess of lights.

When I saw my first ufo I was with my boyfriend, we both had cell phones but there is no way anything would have shown up because it was at night & the ufo was so high up & tiny.

Some people might also worry about the ridicule they could potentially face for posting a pic of a UFO "Becky, you are so dumb for believing in UFO's blah blah blah" "crazy" etc

((not saying this is a legit case, just speaking about mass witnesses to UFO sightings in general))
edit on 16-8-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Cool! Thanks for posting.
Wonder how many people saw this but forgot to take a pic. I hate seeing something interesting but not having a camera or forgetting to use my mp3 player one. Kind of sad how taking a pic can escape the mind when viewing something interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join