It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Purge" ...Louisville KY real life version - Friday Aug 15 2014 8pm to 6:30am

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So I have an alert setup on my Scanner app and all of a sudden Louisville Metro has over 10,000 listeners. I usually check social media when alerts this large occur as to try and get an idea of what all the fuss is about.

Upon searching...I found this:

Louisville police prepare for "The Purge"

It's gone viral on social media, but is there a real danger?

The WLKY Newsroom has been inundated with phone calls from concerned residents who've heard about the proposed "purge."

People want to know what it is, if it's real and if they are safe.

Police and school officials have also gotten the same fearful questions and now they're all responding.

"Anytime that there is a threat that affects our community we are going to investigate that," said Louisville Metro Police Sgt. Phil Russell.

Source Source link no longer available.

Alternative Source (mobile link)

Here are a couple videos referencing this purge:

So back to the scanner traffic...there are calls coming in and the term "The Purge" is being thrown around a lot. Groups of people gathering with "white purge masks on", requests to close down public areas.

Having seen both of "The Purge" movies...I can see why the local residents are on edge.

Here is the scanner link.

To close, there is talk of a third "Purge" movie but being that the FBI is involved...I don't think this is a publicity stunt.

ETA: From a post by OpinionatedB later in this thread:

Louisville is not the only city. So far, we have found Purges in Kansas City(for tonight, they are saying stay away from westport, downtown and the plaza), Detroit, Jacksonville, San Fransisco Bay area (has two scheduled)[/url]
edit on 8/15/2014 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

a big hoax is coming to trend over social media i see on my newsfeed memes or so - called - invitations like digital flyers on Florida and also manchester new hampshire

maybe is a new trend

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here's from the Wave 3 website. Did a check via NBC to confirm that wave3.com is, in fact, their NBC affiliate. Still poking around though. It's running two stories on the subject:

Threats based on movie taken seriously by police

Simon Kenton HS postpones scrimmage at St. X over 'The Purge' threats

I'll keep digging for more sources and, hopefully, alternate sources from the area.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cairopr

Interesting... can you post an example, or a link to an example of one of these flyers per chance...preferably the Florida stuff?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
From WLKY (CBS), also confirmed it to be a legit site:

St. Xavier postpones football scrimmage due to 'Purge' threats

Read more: www.wlky.com...

WHAS (ABC) channel 11: www.whas11.com...

I would presume that it is probably someone out to get some sick laughs and start a scare as a hoax. Hope it is and it's a quiet night in Louisville as usual. What a creeper.

This cropped up as well so it's on the NBC main site as well now with that broadcast:

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 15/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
a reply to: cairopr

Interesting... can you post an example, or a link to an example of one of these flyers per chance...preferably the Florida stuff?

Ask and ye shall receive. I assume that you'd know if the news site is legit. www.firstcoastnews.com...

www.news4jax.com...
edit on 15/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added second link

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just came online because my Scanner app on my phone alerted me to 11,000 listeners on the louisville scanner.
I thought it must have kicked off again but other than this thread I cant see much else happening?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Geez, this is sick! First "Slenderman" madness, now the "Purge"...

People, please, separate fantasy from reality!

Elevate. Before it's too late.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Jacksonville is well North of me (I'm in Clearwater, central west coast of FL). This is the first I have heard of this, had it not been for the scanner alert I would have been oblivious.

I don't know how rampent crime is in Louisville, but this scanner traffic is pretty busy ...with seemingly a lot of violence calls.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

They're too busy worrying about other people swearing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Geez, this is sick! First "Slenderman" madness, now the "Purge"...

People, please, separate fantasy from reality!

Elevate. Before it's too late.

Perhaps the Purge theory is incorrect we don't know but the unusually large amount of people on the app
is something else. The app only seemingly alerts people when something is going down.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Nice way to test Martial Law...again.

Smells funny....In fact Ferguson has the same odor.

Peace

edit on 15-8-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A lot of chatter of prank calls.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

To clarify...the alerts are configurable... mine are set to alert on anything with more than 2,000 listeners. I figure if that many people are listening, something interesting is going on and worth digging deeper for info.

10,000+ listeners...is unusual and does indeed allude to Social Media playing a role, like folks knew to log into Louisville at 8pm for the show. To compare, the Boston bombing suspect manhunt garnered 30,000+ listeners so the amount of listeners is interesting.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I live about 20 minutes away from Louisville. Lots of people are frightened by the purge threats that started on social media ( so I've heard.) After school activities in Louisville were canceled just as a precaution. Police are on alert for suspicious activity. I think this started out as a joke, but you know how people are.. I'm sure there's some people out there who thinks that this is real and they actually CAN go out there and do whatever they want. I'd stay indoors just in case if I live in the city, but I'm not to worried about anything really big happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The app alerted me when over 4,000 were listening.

Lots of calls of people in masks, earlier. Twitter feed for #LouisvillePurge is kind'a crazy, tho a lot of BS on there too.

I see nothing terribly ominous. I'd like to see this supposed flyer, tho..

What is it with kids under 10, and knives tonight tho, on the scanner. A call just came over the radio about a group of kids under 12, with white tshirts tied around their heads carrying knives..

./shaking my head... People are loosing their cookies at an epic rate..

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
a reply to: Taggart

To clarify...the alerts are configurable... mine are set to alert on anything with more than 2,000 listeners. I figure if that many people are listening, something interesting is going on and worth digging deeper for info.

10,000+ listeners...is unusual and does indeed allude to Social Media playing a role, like folks knew to log into Louisville at 8pm for the show. To compare, the Boston bombing suspect manhunt garnered 30,000+ listeners so the amount of listeners is interesting.

Mine is just a free app, no settings but default may be low.
Mine says 17,000 now, so it's still climbing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here is the "flier" that I saw on the news and social media.

Also people on my social media are talking about people in white masks "grouping up" in a parking lot in Louisville, and people are "running people off the highway"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Reports of cars on fire in abandon kmart parking lot.

Going to be a busy night.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Havox

Well the stupidity of anyone actually doing anything should be pretty obvious. Unlike the movie, they will be punishable for any and all crimes that they commit.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join