It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS militants massacre 80 Yazidis, kidnap women in Iraqi village

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Some 80 members of Iraq's Yazidi minority have been massacred by Islamic State militants in a village in Iraq's north, Kurdish officials said. “They arrived in vehicles and they started their killing this afternoon,” senior Kurdish official Hoshiyar Zebari told Reuters.

“We believe it's because of their creed: convert or be killed.” In addition to the murders, local women were kidnapped from the village, another Kurdish official source told Reuters. A local Yazidi lawmaker confirmed the information. According to BasNews, a Kurdish website, it was the Yazidi minority village of Kojo some 20 km south of Sinjar that came under attack by the Islamic State (former ISIS) radicals.

BasNews reports that around 80 men – the village’s whole male population – was slaughtered, while all the women were kidnapped. The killings in the village lasted for about an hour, according to eyewitness reports, based on the testimony of Yazidi MP Mahama Khalil who spoke to survivors. Apparently, the massacre followed a five day ultimatum to convert to Islam or die.

“[An IS fighter] told me that the Islamic State had spent five days trying to persuade villagers to convert to Islam and that a long lecture was delivered about the subject today,” Reuters quotes a man from a neighbouring village as saying. “He then said the men were gathered and shot dead. The women and girls were probably taken to Tal Afar because that is where the foreign fighters are.”

So what exactly are those attacks trying to prevent if this is still happening?

The US Air Force could have erased them long time ago, but it seems that ISIS is serving another purpose.
Just disgusting!!

RT

Mohammed Shia al-Sudani said the Sunni militants had also buried alive some of their victims, including women and children. Some 300 women were kidnapped as slaves, he added.

Reuters
edit on 15-8-2014 by Hellas because: New source

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
All this time, Obama tells everyone `dont worry its all good we dont need troops on the ground`
And the sheeple UK says `yes sir` and follows in its footsteps

I love how the media are focusing all week, on the two tiny villages which were captured by the kurds following the US air strikes on saturday, claiming the situation is improving, when the 2 villages were LOST BACK THE NEXT DAY!

The pentagon spokesman even admitted on fox news, that this is a real, genuine threat, like `nothing seen in the life time of anybody alive today, not even ww2 veterans`!!

Yet Obama goes golfing, and the UK drop water bottles, great!!

edit on 15-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
From the link in the OP

The resolution stated that the UNSC “deplores and condemns in the strongest terms the terrorist acts of ISIL (Islamic State) and its violent extremist ideology, and its continued gross, systematic and widespread abuses of human rights and violations of international humanitarian law,” adding that those who finance, recruit or supply weapons to the insurgents might be sanctioned as well.

Condemning in the strongest terms? Well this is going to be a HUGE relieve to those hiding in caves and starving. Just laughable!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
From the link in the OP

The resolution stated that the UNSC “deplores and condemns in the strongest terms the terrorist acts of ISIL (Islamic State) and its violent extremist ideology, and its continued gross, systematic and widespread abuses of human rights and violations of international humanitarian law,” adding that those who finance, recruit or supply weapons to the insurgents might be sanctioned as well.

Condemning in the strongest terms? Well this is going to be a HUGE relieve to those hiding in caves and starving. Just laughable!!!

I see you feel as strongly against the weak obama and western world state of action, as i do.

You know what? the only people this is a huge morale booster to is isis, as to them this looks like they can carry on what they are doing.

They know the world have seen the photos/ videos of the beheadings and executions, they know the world knows about the more than 1 million refugees displaced because of this conflict, yet with all that, besides for 1 or 2 air strikes, and dropping food, the world have sat and done absolutly nothing, isis probably now get the impression it is okay for them to carry on, and as we have seen today (in your thread), they absolutly ARE carrying on what they have been doing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

They can and will do whatever they want. ISIS (or IS or whatever they want to be called) has the highest blessings from the US government. When you see this filthy something called John McCain, having tea with the Leader of ISIS a couple of years back, you realize in what a f# up world we live in.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

They can and will do whatever they want. ISIS (or IS or whatever they want to be called) has the highest blessings from the US government. When you see this filthy something called John McCain, having tea with the Leader of ISIS a couple of years back, you realize in what a f# up world we live in.

People working for the pentagon/ military officials/ top generals both former and current, both in the UK and the US have stated this is different to a bunch of guys in rags in afghanistan, this is like the AZTECS on steroids!

Yet nothing is done to stamp out this.

And obama saying `the sitution is improving` or whatever he said yesturday, is that why the Iraqi military officials keep begging for US support in their interviews. right.

The neighbouring arab nations are also just as guilty for not stepping in!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
BBC reporting drone strikes from the US right now im watching the news

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yep. This group is doing Israel and the US gov's job for them. It makes sense. Why else would war-mongering lunatic have a photo-op with his buddies? It's sickening. What this group is doing is crimes against humanity.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
ISIS ISIL IS = Islamic State

Just doing what they are paid to do

US dollars at work

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

Yep. This group is doing Israel and the US gov's job for them. It makes sense. Why else would war-mongering lunatic have a photo-op with his buddies? It's sickening. What this group is doing is crimes against humanity.

I was with you till you mentioned Israel

Israel has nothing to do with it.

Also, Israel have their hands full with hamas right now.

This is a discussion about a major terrorist threat to the world right now, and how the world seems to be doing the minimal about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dinogirl

Also, Israel have their hands full with hamas right now.

This is a discussion about a major terrorist threat to the world right now, and how the world seems to be doing the minimal about it.

A poster mentioned a few days ago, that the truce between hamas and Israel only exists because ISIS is marching towards them ( I honestly don't know much about ISIS, so not sure if this holds any water)

And also, the world is doing the minimal about the following : ISIS, EBOLA, Ukraine... I mean, one of these bound to have apocalyptic dangers lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I hear all these calls for someone to fight them, to do something to turn the tide of slaughter.

If my brother in arms and I are sent to wipe out ISIL /S militants, will those calling for action actually support us? Or will those calling for action today call us murderers tomorrow and accuse us of killing "freedom fighters" simply "fighting for their country" like they tell me for fighting the Taliban and AQ ?

I wonder how long it would take to realize the irony.

You don't end crap like this by being nice, diplomatic, and humanitarian. You end it by sending a powerful and capable Army to kill them until the either quit fighting or are eradicated entirely.

That is all I will say on this issue.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
You don't end crap like this by being nice, diplomatic, and humanitarian. You end it by sending a powerful and capable Army to kill them until the either quit fighting or are eradicated entirely.

That is all I will say on this issue.

Thank god the Nazi's didn't win right?
Slippery slope, although, with an enemy like ISIS that's so indoctrinated i'm not sure if there's any alternative.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago815000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

www.un.org...-6M5h9daSP
edit on 15-8-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OOO...U.N. sanctions against financing ISIS!!!!!!!!! I'll bet they're shaking in their blood-soaked sandals!
These animals already have billions in stolen funds from Iraqi banks and make 1-2M per day through selling stolen Iraqi oil.
Time to bomb these cockroaches.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

On the subject of McCain - it seems he was there meeting other rebel leaders, with Bagdadi in the background, if that is even him we see in the picture. It is entirely possible McCain did not have a clue who he was and it certainly seems, from the images, he wasn't speaking much (if at all) to him anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
OOO...U.N. sanctions against financing ISIS!!!!!!!!! I'll bet they're shaking in their blood-soaked sandals!
These animals already have billions in stolen funds from Iraqi banks and make 1-2M per day through selling stolen Iraqi oil.
Time to bomb these cockroaches.

Nobody will bomb them.. They're doing the dirty work

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The first reports said 80 but the death counts now are almost 90 from that incident alone, plus countless children missing, and countless women taken prisoner

this happened in a small village very close to where the mountain crisis happened
rememebr, the one that obama said the previous day everything was all okay, and the siege was over?

screw obama
edit on 16-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So what exactly are those attacks trying to prevent if this is still happening?

The US Air Force could have erased them long time ago, but it seems that ISIS is serving another purpose.
Just disgusting!!

the answer can be understood by reading this link: www.wnd.com...

Lopez told WND she sees a pattern in Obama’s actions, or inaction, that reveals his blueprint for the Middle East and Northern Africa is to let the warring jihadi factions, the Sunnis and the Shiites, divide the region into two spheres of influence, and for the U.S. to withdraw.

“The administration’s plan, I believe, is to remove American power and influence, including military forces, from Islamic lands,” Lopez asserted.

When WND remarked that was just what Osama bin Laden had demanded, Lopez pointed out that is the aim of all jihadis, “Because that is what Islam demands, that foreign forces be kicked out of Islamic lands.”

Does Obama think if we leave the Mideast the jihadis will then leave us alone?

“I don’t know,” she said. “I can just see the pattern that is enabling the rise of Islam, empowering the Muslim Brotherhood domestically and abroad, alienating and distancing ourselves from our friends and allies and debilitating the American military.”...

Read more at www.wnd.com...

read the entire interview, it addresses the rise of Islamic State & how Øbama really wants Iran to be the regional hegemon in that area ((I guess he thinks Turkey will always remain a NATO puppet))

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Finally some slightly good news

www.bbc.co.uk...

The big dam that the militants took over, the US are bombing militants nearby

I mean ISIS if they wanted could use this dam to flood most of Iraq and cause chaos, so its no suprise here that finally the US are trying to liberate it
edit on 16-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join