It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine: Some Russian military vehicles destroyed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
And so it begins.

KAMENSK-SHAKHTINSKY, Russia (AP) - NATO and Ukraine said Russian military vehicles did cross into Ukraine during the night and the Ukrainian president said most of them were destroyed by his troops.

Poroshenko did not include any proof for his statement. But the some of the markets in Europe are taking a dive and here in the US the Dow is down 126.

www.newschannel10.com...

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
OOPS already posted please delete.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
Yes but your thread is posted in the right forum, and has different source and new information

Let it stand mods

X

Also, this is the real news, not the race wars in America

Russia is on the move and the waves will ripple across the world

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Actually your thread is completely different than the other thread, your thread is about the Russian military vehicles that crossed the border, while the distraction move of the hundreds of support trucks drew attention at the border

Nice move Putin

X

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
Actually your thread is completely different than the other thread, your thread is about the Russian military vehicles that crossed the border, while the distraction move of the hundreds of support trucks drew attention at the border

Nice move Putin

X

Putin had nothing to do with it ... if Russia was going to war, Ukraine would fall within 24 hours. If Russia does anything, they'll keep it to a bare minimum ... this is merely some concerned Russian military personell, trying to provide aid ... independantly.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
... this is merely some concerned Russian military personell, trying to provide aid ... independantly.

That's the problem. If Russia's military is so ill disciplined that they are becoming involved without higher authority then Putin and the Kremlin have real problems. If this military convoy was acting as part of an officially sanctioned move, perhaps to resupply the separatists, then the Ukrainian's have exposed the lie that Russia is an innocent bystander.

What is it then? Is Putin an innocent bystander with an ill disciplined military, or lying and interfering pig?

Regards

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Lol this was a spectacular FAIL by Putin

Rumbled from the very start, and still followed through with the move now his armoured column is a smoking wreck on the side of the road

The superhuman master chess player loses another piece on the table, hats of to Ukraine for once again out foxing Russia

edit on 15-8-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Illustrating perhaps why Russian military hardware remains oh so very vulnerable to troops in the treeline with even relatively primitive ATGMs?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What a joke……..crises affecting every corner of the world, some very serious some rather mundane yet all we as Americans worry about is how it affects the "market".

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Rumbled from the very start, and still followed through with the move now his armoured column is a smoking wreck on the side of the road

Got a photo of this smoking wreck?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just when you think Hamas wins this years Darwin award along comes the lunatics in Kiev.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

If Russia's military is so ill disciplined that they are becoming involved without higher authority then Putin and the Kremlin have real problems.

The problem, is people like you ... you got "two" measure sticks. What is "right" for you, is "wrong" for others. If the roles were reversed, you would be SCREAMING your lungs out, demanding that the army was to go in.

Problem with the Russians, is that they have no "imperial" ideology. They gave that up, with the Soviet Union ... not because they don't wanna be big. But because the territories involved, are nothing but a burden to Russia. I know you think Russia wants to be master of the Universe, but that's just because your paranoid, and think they'll stop you from holding that post. The problem isn't the Russians, the problem is people like you ... who ARE, what you claim the Russians to be. When the Americans, and Europeans, are screaming about how bad the Russians are ... they are seeing themselves, in the Russians.

Truth is, Putin is a ... a coward, would be the wrong word to use, but he doesn't have the heart in the right place ... he took over the presidency, not because he's good for the job. But because he represents the ogliarchy, or the "mafia" in Russia. And doesn't want to go too far. The west was threatening to freeze "mafia" assets in Malta, and Cyprus, while Medvedev was president. Medvedev was threatening Europe, as Europe put up missile systems all over. He said, that these missile systems, were a direct threat to Russia (and he was right), and was threatening counter measures. This couldn't do with the ogliarchy or "mafia", as their money in the banks were frozen, when the Ukranian crisis started. That's why you have Putin there ... he's not an elected President.

Putin will only react, if his hands are "forced". And when Russians are living some nazi creeps, with the ideology of "cleaning out Russians, dead or alive". You can bet, Putin has a crisis. The military, at the border, that most certainly comprises of people who are ethnically from the area, most certainly want to "run in". They're looking at dead people all over, and can't even bring humanitarian aid ... the US/EU/Ukraine bringing aid, is like Isreali IDF, bringing aid to Palestinians here.

Putin is sitting there, doing nothing ... and allowing Russians to die for nothing. he's sacrificing the lives of his own people, for some "mafia" bucks. He could have stopped the entire conflict, right from the start ... merely by making it absolutely clear, it wouldn't be tolerated. The hostilities commence, because Ukranians know they've got EU/US support, and Putin won't do swat.

Whatever happens now, angered peoples reactions to outright atrocities, is not much to do about. But Putin can't stop anything, as the window of opportunity has passed. At this point, things are just going to get worse ...

What will be interresting to see, is how Russian politics will evolve this winter. Putin is a "bye bye", goner ... but how, that is going to be interresting. Will the Russians recover from this blow to the groin ... because, that's precisely what it is. Will the Russians, take it like "men" that they've lost face ... that they could've saved a lot of lives, merely by flexing a little muscle, at the right time. It's not like the Russians are actually "risking" anything, because if they flex their muscles. Nobody is going to be able to do anything ... the game move "mutual extermination" still applies, and ascertains that neither US or EU will go that far. Russia, could never have lost ... except a couple of billion dollars in banks in Europe.

On the other hand, Europe isn't going to survive it either ... nor is the US. Unless they steal Russian money, but even that ... will only take them "so far".

We are living in interresting times ... as the saying goes.

edit on 15/8/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The problem, is people like you ... you got "two" measure sticks. What is "right" for you, is "wrong" for others.

Oh, I see. I'm the problem. In fact, you could not be further from the truth as I am perfectly capable of seeing all the shades in between "right" and "wrong" and despair at some peoples inability take the blinkers off.

Problem with the Russians, is that they have no "imperial" ideology.

Russia demonstrates imperialism by wanting a pseudo empire - a bunch of vassal states who pay homage and act as a buffer to the liberal Western democracies and their successful economies. Georgia ring a bell? Crimea? Estonia (hacking)?

I know you think Russia wants to be master of the Universe, but that's just because your paranoid,

Er, nope. I am not paranoid. I have no fear Russia, but then I don't live in Ukraine. I don't think Russia is out to get me, and I don't think there will be a war. However, I distrust autocracies who control their own press and feel sovereign nations should chose who they ally with. You may think Ukraine has been forced to move towards Europe, but you are wrong. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union Ukraine has not progressed. They can look to ex-Soviet states who have joined the EU and flourished economically and politically. It's a choice between progress and stagnation and guess what, they want progress. Nothing to do with paranoia.

The problem isn't the Russians, the problem is people like you ... who ARE, what you claim the Russians to be.

Ah, there we are again. I am the problem! You must know me so well. I am an corrupt autocrat thriving on nepotism and not wanting to allow my old empire move forward, without me.

Truth is, Putin is a ... a coward,

Truth is, you have not got a clue what Putin is. You don't know his motivations nor his views. You'll never know, because with his control of the Russian media he'll create a fluffy persona - a personality cult - which some people will believe. He's already doing it. The reluctant president who on a modest salary over the last few years is now reportedly worth upwards of 70 billion USD.

Regards

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Putin is sitting there, doing nothing ... and allowing Russians to die for nothing. he's sacrificing the lives of his own people, for some "mafia" bucks. He could have stopped the entire conflict, right from the start ... merely by making it absolutely clear, it wouldn't be tolerated. The hostilities commence, because Ukranians know they've got EU/US support, and Putin won't do swat.

I might agree with you here that Putin would not do anything to help the rebels. And that is why both commanders of DPR and LPR i.e. Strelkov and Bolotov resigned. They know the situation on the ground and that there is little use trying to just buy time while the cannon fodder soldiers and also civilians are killed.

edit on 15-8-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Russia demonstrates imperialism by wanting a pseudo empire -

LOL I stopped reading there

here we are in the middle of US takeover of the world by means of war and treachery

And you are calling Russia an Emprie

This is too much

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FootBig

Russia demonstrates imperialism by wanting a pseudo empire -

LOL I stopped reading there

here we are in the middle of US takeover of the world by means of war and treachery

And you are calling Russia an Emprie

This is too much

Incorrect

It is not a US take over its a joint alliance of the western world and wider western world, a coalition of governments with a shared common goal and vision, the US is but the muscle/enforcer/mouth piece of this alliance

Russia however on the other hand leads it's own alliance to rival the western alliance and Pursues its own imperialist expansion as does china for actual "national boarder" gains... The US does not

So perhaps you should actually look up the actual meaning of imperialist, and being imperialistic ?

The US at the lead is Building an alliance and friendships with nations that shares similar interests and values, that IS NOT is being imperialistic

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Mmmmm... just look at the Russian military bases spread all over the world, and all the conflicts they are engaged in / have started. Oh wait! Those are American bases and wars.

We all heard how much the US thinks of it's "allies" opinions with the famous recording of the little witch Nuland and her blurted "F**k the EU" comment, pertaining to post coup Ukrainian government. Let us also not forget the rampant spying by the US on everyone, including it's supposed allies, at the highest levels.
The US is a puppet of the psychopathic bankers, doing their bidding under the guise of "foreign policy" and bullying those who might be a bit squeamish or voicing concern. We have seen that time and time again, so cut the crap about the US/NATO (same thing) and it's "Western Alliance" being all that is good in the world, it's laughable!

The way sanctions are already hurting it's "Western Alliance" allies makes it clear this is another badly planned episode, and the ones imposing the sanctions, at the US's ordering, are the ones suffering already. Either they'll need to ramp up things and get a shooting war started, or that alliance will fall apart when the people demand an end to the BS, as they lose their jobs and are told they need to suffer so the US imperialism can march on.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The US at the lead is Building an alliance and friendships with nations that shares similar interests and values, that IS NOT is being imperialistic

Your seriously joking are you?

that IS NOT is being imperialistic

Oh no i am sure its being imperialistic for the facts that stand which are that America and her puppet alliance has bombed more countries which arent following the orders by the American gov and arent following the rules of America.

America bombed The Balkans while pressing the Saudis/Turkish government.
America invaded several South American nations in the past.

America however on the other hand leads it's own alliance to rival the western alliance and Pursues its own imperialist expansion as does Israel/NATO for actual "national boarder" gains...

There you go fixed that line for you.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

armoured column is a smoking wreck on the side of the road

If it was such an smoking wreck as the media says where is the proof? all of sudden the media is rather quiet on the matter.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom

Nice move Putin

X

Putin had nothing to do with it ... if Russia was going to war, Ukraine would fall within 24 hours. If Russia does anything, they'll keep it to a bare minimum ... this is merely some concerned Russian military personell, trying to provide aid ... independantly.

Russia is at war just they decided not to officially declare war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join