It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

Martial law, no fly zone, Freedoms denied (The right of freedom of speech, assembly crushed) Unarmed teen killed. Militarized police using armored cars/trucks, flash bang grenades, tear gas, smoke bombs, rubber bullets, sound weapons, media blackout, electronic warfare and censorship, targeting civilians and members of the press. We have yet another example where the federal authorities have to come into a local jurisdiction to preform investigations because the public doesn't trust the local authorities.

Missouri Militia:

" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." - 2nd Amendment

Commanders Intent: To best serve the community and the State of Missouri, all members will be trained to at least the Rank of Corporal. Thus we become a force multiplier. To be here for the community at all times including disaster and defense.

From there website at this link: link

Also from there link:

This site is dedicated to informing, promoting, and training the militia. Because the militia includes ALL the people, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, political affiliation etc. We do not engage in the useless speculation of conspiracy theories and we don't make or use illegal weapons so please don't ask. If you are an American with a genuine interest in defending your family, your country, and the Constitution, then you ARE the militia.

The people need your help against tyranny and oppression but where are you? I don't see you standing by the citizens, why? Is this not a fight over constitutional freedoms?

Help the people or not?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

That's the American public ... when it comes down to the nitty gritty. They're cowards.

OH, they shout out loud ... only when they're afar. They're ready to send military abroad, and sell weapons ... and they'll tell you to fight for "your" freedom. But, only if your in a foreign country ...

But when it's in the US ... you should lay down and be a good puppy. And, moreover .. you should take the current activities in Ukraine as a warning.

What decision did the US government make in Ukraine?

That a country, can murder it's own population to any extent ... if they dare to try and break out of the Republic. With this, the US has shown, without any mercy ... that it's not a democray. But that it is a republic ... just like the Soviet Republic, and the Chinese republic.

So, if your calling out for a militia to fight for your freedom ... take Ukraine as a warning. They'll murder you ... and the media won't even print your obituary.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I agree that this sure seems like a situation that would require their assistance.

I cant tell you why they arent responding but I'm also not ready to label them as a bunch of racists.

Imagine if they did arrive, that would make a monumental statement, great sign of solidarity.

May I suggest posing this question to the Oath Keeper's facebook and twitter?

edit on 14-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You are failing to understand the nuanced definition of "people". Therein lies your answer.

Authoritarians can be identified by their dehumanizing speech and actions towards the oppressed. These are overt tactics intended to separate sub-groups that are not "fully vested citizens" in order to convey the idea that they do not deserve fair treatment or justice in this society. Zionists and white pride types have been getting away with it for too long.

Slang, slander, innuendo are all in the Fascist toolkit. The toolkit to dehumanize and offload their corrupted conscience.

edit on 14-8-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

edit on 14-8-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well it could either be because it wasn't manufactured this way. (tinfoil scenario)

Or because, well, I hate to say it, but this victim is black. .

Why are all the white doctors getting the ebola vaccine?

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This goes to show you that when push comes to shove most of these "patriots" would be nowhere to be found. Most of the open carry "patriot" groups that you see parading across intersections are just a bunch of insecure grown men that just seek validation and approval from each other.

Apparently for most militias a 70 year old rancher who refused to pay taxes is more important than a bunch of journalists and protesters being fired upon by police.
edit on 8/14/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't view militia groups as racist, unless of course that's there claim.

I am not supporting rioting or unlawful behavior. I'm also not going to blame an entire group of people for unlawful acts carried out by individuals.

I am wondering why these militia group (generalizing) Have been showing up to protect protesters or like the Bundy ranch to stand up to oppressive overreaching government.

But in a place that's looks more like Iraq here in the states, where the people are standing up to the same oppression these groups claim to defend against, I don't see them there, standing shoulder to shoulder with the people.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is the issue, as I see it anyway (for what that is worth...).

The militia groups are not clamoring for an armed revolt, contrary to popular belief. Let's look at the "Oath Keepers" as an example. This is a group made up of former/current military members and law enforcement that refuse to obey unlawful orders... they were part of the stand off at the Bundy Ranch. Yes, stand up to tyranny... no, do not incite violence.

The last thing anyone wants is bloodshed. Period.

What is interesting is how a group like this is portrayed in the media:

In the Southern Poverty Law Center's (SPLC) 2009 report The Second Wave: Return of the Militias, Larry Keller, a writer for the SPLC, wrote that the Oath Keepers "may be a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival."[8] Keller described Richard Mack, an Oath Keeper, as a "longtime militia hero"[8]:7[9] and quoted him as having said, "The greatest threat we face today is not terrorists; it is our federal government… One of the best and easiest solutions is to depend on local officials, especially the sheriff, to stand against federal intervention and federal criminality."[8]:7 Mack, a former sheriff, responded by denouncing the SPLC's claims.[10][11] Rhodes, who is one quarter Mexican and part Native American has disputed the SPLC claim of racism.[12] Rhodes has appeared on several TV and radio shows to discuss Oath Keepers.[1] Lou Dobbs talked with Rhodes on his radio show and criticized the SPLC for "perpetuating the same kind of intolerance it claims to condemn."[1] On Hardball with Chris Matthews, Matthews and Rhodes discussed both the SPLC report and issues involving the Oath Keepers and extremists.[6] MSNBC political commentator and former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan, quoting the Las Vegas Review-Journal,[13] said "Oath Keepers, depending on where one stands, are either strident defenders of liberty or dangerous peddlers of paranoia.” Buchanan explained their existence on the alienation of white America, concluding that "America was once their country. They sense they are losing it. And they are right." [14]

Wiki

The most important fight at the moment is keeping the truth alive, and that itself is a slippery slope to traverse...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Any genuine militia crazy enough to walk into a situation like the one in Ferguson, will pay a very high price for their patriotism. The media will turn each militia members life inside out, and make them out to be terrorists and anti-American. And the public will believe every word of it. It's a no-win situation.

When the American people decide they want their country back, the militia will have a leg to stand on, and supporters at every turn. Until then, they have no hope of winning a battle. Let alone the war.
edit on 8/14/2014 by Klassified because: add

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
LDragonfire:

Ah yes, the so-called 'freedom fighters' of America, talking the talk, but hardly ever walking the walk. The problem with militias in America is that they are partisan, interested only in their own kind, and their own agenda, the rest of the country can go to hell in a hand basket.

They are not about to come crawling out of the woodwork they infest and start helping America or other Americans, especially if they are not of the same colour. You are such a divided and fractured country that your freedoms were lost out of partisanship many years ago. The American Constitution might as well have been written on toilet paper for all the support it gets from the very people who should be fighting its noble precepts.

Yes, Americans love to spout off about how it's the greatest most freedom-orientated country in the world, but it never was, and it certainly isn't today...and can you truly guess why it never was the bastion of freedom? I'll tell you.

America failed at freedom because you are all too separated by differing sets of ideology, very few of you are reading from the same script, and are unwilling to compromise your own agenda for the good of the country as a whole. Right now, the people should be coming together in one voice, one hope, one action. You just simply won't help each other, because you balk at all the differences you perceive of each other, and view them as threats.

What is happening in Ferguson isn't just about that neighbourhood, it isn't about colour...it really is about freedom and liberty and equality for all in America. Rally around that principle, demand it, fight for it together, putting aside your partisanship, and you will see that despite all the differences you perceive of each other, you all want the same kind of country.

When you do that, then by all means, talk to other people's of other countries about freedom, liberty and equality. Fight the battles your Constitution demands of you, or simply shut up shop and continue to bury your heads in the sand.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I'm not insinuating that all militia's are racist, but there is almost always a different response to an injustice towards a white person vs. black and apparently militias are no different.

Personally, I always found the "militia's" that showed up for the Bundy fiasco to have been a bit manufactured. But that's me.....which is why I'm on a conspiracy site.

On a side note: I looked up from my macbook and saw a clip of US soldiers in Iraq and for a brief second I thought it was Ferguson. *sigh*

edit on 14-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Cowering in a corner, being very, very outraged.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

The last thing anyone wants is bloodshed. Period.

It's not a question of what one wants ... I want peace on earth ... I want to live in heave .. I want o have a truck load of money.

Unless you are ready to sacrifice something for what you want ... you're never going to get it.

As the saying goes, you have to break an egg ... to make an omilette. If the founding fathers had your thoughts, You'd be a poor moron, living in a small english town. Waving the flag, and yielling "God save the Queen".

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
For one the investigation is not over. The militia's are smarter in that they wait for all the facts before they start looting, erm I mean responding to help out. If Clive Bundy and his family started destroying their town the militia would not have shown up either.

Also, the folk in these ghettos care less about the constitution as we see how they vote, but only care and start hollerin when one gets shot, ignoring the fact that they kill each other every night so why no outrage there?
The militia's also dress in full battle rattle like the police so they are also probably afraid of the ghetto trash turning on them.

Why would a militia get involved and possibly tarnish their name and reputation on a case that hasn't even been investigated yet? The looting and rioting is what brought on this police presence to begin with. Not siding with the police but you act like animals and they will come.
Firepiston

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I have to agree and disagree. I agree the media would spin this just like you said, they already are. They want people focused on the rioting and looting and criminal activity that is happening. But they surely don't want you focusing on how strong your rights are, and they seem offly week to me, when your right to free speech and assembly (indiviually or group) cane be revoked, canceled, denied because of the action of another individual.

Where I disagree is that if we "the people" pulled together like that, it would unite the country and we might, just might be able to work together to solve our problems. The public doesn't trust the press or the government so it would be a almost impossible story to sell by the government and press.

Standing shoulder to shoulder would be a sight!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yeah come on man dont be to hard on them, they might, like, get shot or something.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
wait... standing up to tyranny and a corrupt government??

Ain't that the reason they got all those guns in the first place?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It is important to pick your battles. Klassified mentioned this above, and he is absolutely correct. If the militia groups showed up to restore order, the media would have an absolute field day. Beyond that, the local LEOs would have a helluva lot of egg on thier face, and therefore would never allow it to happen. Bloodshed would be damn near inevitable.

Any action in Ferguson would only bolster the MSM's beloved ratings and ad revenue... exploited and spun for profit.
edit on 14-8-2014 by madmac5150 because: Crabs gone wild! Film at 11!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Agreed OP!

Where are the Militias?

It was okay to go to the Bundy Ranch and stand up to the militarized LEOs there but not okay to do it for a largely black community with no cowboys?

This seems like a serious double standard.

I've just lost all respect for the militias. Cowards. Every last one of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
To all that are calling militias cowards, I would say that you are no better, perhaps even worse for openly asking for people to die for people who are openly being violent by rioting. You are the cowards.

Pitiful, sniveling cowards that only want others to bleed for them, while not risking their own oh, so, precious blood.

Of course if the militias did do so, and even were sucessful in helping to restore peace, then these same righteuos hypocrites would be demanding that all firearms be confiscated.

It's like it's right out of some playbook.

Oh, wait...it is.

Maybe the militias are smarter than you by picking their battles, rather than just flailing about.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join