It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
ABC World News is tweeting right now that tear gas is being used again.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Right now in Ferguson...

Several Twitter users, including the local FoxNews affiliate, are reporting that the police are threatening mass arrests if the protestors don't go home.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal leading a sit-in on W. Florissant where protests have been

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Over 100 demonstrators march where police dispersed crowds with tear gas the last two nights.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Just tweeted from the Twitter account of the local FoxNews affiliate. Caption:
The #STL SWAT team has weapons drawn in #Ferguson at a protest in broad daylight with media attending.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just tweeted now…

Police started arresting ppl, ordering everyone to disperse. I saw no violence from protesters.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

In my community (mostly white), had this same thing occurred...we would be peacefully protesting, calling our community leaders, filing lawsuits and demanding an investigation to find out what really happened. We would not be attacking one another.

I see where you are coming from, and i agree there is probably a better way to handle this. The problem i see is that doing it the "right" way with protests, calling/writing community leaders and politicians does virtually nothing. Lawsuits require money, which is not readily available in most of the communities that are being hit the hardest with the oppressive police and general injustice.

I wish i had a better solution, but at this point acting out and making a scene is the only way to get anybody to take a serious look at the problems facing these types of communities. Doing it the "right" way will never lead to anything other than a passing glance from those that have the power to make it right.

I see where you are coming from also. But when you hit the line "acting out and making a scene is the only way to get anybody to take a serious look at the problems". Sorry...but that is bull$hit! The problems in most of these communities are caused by the occupants themselves. And violence against your own community and its people is not an answer...it is insane. I'm 100% sure there are some people in these communities that are upstanding citizens and generally nice people. I'm not referring to them. I'm referring to the pieces of crap doing this. Unless these people consider themselves animals, they are free human beings with free will. And they choose this??? This is how they show their character and their anger? This is the reaction by the black community far more often than not. So I'm calling BS.

You have to steal a TV from a neighboring business to get attention? No...I don't buy it. These people are the problem, the takers and the leeches that drain our country. They are the ones demanding "give me!" but when given a chance to stand up and do something about their situation...they do nothing. Sorry...wrong...they do far worse than nothing. If they can't police themselves, then the police NEED to police them.

So it comes down to this. If they want to act like animals...they should and will be treated like animals. And THAT is a choice they made themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just now tweeted by HuffingtonPost justice reporter, Ryan J. Reilly.

Officer won't answer my question about why this is needed.

Also this Vine from Reilly:

A massive SWAT team just showed up to peaceful demonstration in #ferguson

edit on 13-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The battles we thought we won, the war we thought was over in 1964-65 apparently is not over.

This is a civil rights battle in St Louis.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What should they be doing?

It is clear you feel they are taking the wrong approach, so please explain the right approach.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Via Instagram of Antonio French, Alderman of the @21stWard in St. Louis

Things getting tense at protest in #Ferguson right now

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
An army in Ferguson tonight

Tweeted by journalist Eli Yokley.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Several Twitter users posting various angles of this. The cop on a loud speaker is telling people that it's not an option for them to NOT leave the area.

Apparently 50 people arrested so far.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the update SO.

St. Louis is one of the few cities that has never taken part in rioting. When other cities during the sixties were burning, St. Louis stayed calm and collected. We have a strong and grounded populous here and if any community can bring police brutality to the spot light with positive, long term results, it would be this community.

St. Louis doesn’t riot. That has long been part of the city’s lore. During the 1960s civil rights era, this city along the Mississippi River stayed calm — even as Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit and Washington all burned. St. Louis was in their league back then. The nation’s 10th largest city. A sizable black population. And after Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in 1968, tens of thousands of people marched through the city streets. But St. Louis suffered no widespread violence.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I just hope that Sharpton and the Black Panthers don't fan any flames.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I've moved the updates to this thread, as it looks like it's getting pretty serious.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Via Instagram of Antonio French, Alderman of the @21stWard in St. Louis

Things getting tense at protest in #Ferguson right now

Again, active denial systems on the tops of those vehicles. Those aren't old surplus units, they're nice and shiny and have not much more than testing use I'd wager.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out why the one guy needs a bipod, and why his magazine is bigger then his bipod. I'm also trying to figure out how they got that first guy out of the donut shop. But I will say this they are armed to the teeth. I do however have a question. Back in the day didn't they shoot looters? Curious.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Are you effing kidding me? They need swat teams and machine guns to disperse a protest? This is VERY disturbing.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the updates this is beyond messed up now

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7
Very disturbing.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join