It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belfast pro-Palestine supporters remove 'Israeli' goods from shelves of supermarket's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: robbeh

So no proof just your really bias opinion on irish people, plz get a book on irish history, and learn how they where treated poorly by the brithish crown. Terrorist and freedom fighters mean the same thing, all depends on what side of the fence you stand.
Lol@treated poorly so that justifies blowing up civilians ? i dnt need a history book thanks ..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 11-8-2014 by robbeh because: meh mobile version :@

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It's not a 'Catholic thing' to oppose what's going on in Palestine. It's the decent humane thing to do. look at all these people here these are people all over the world who disagree with the genocide the Israeli government is committing.

It is much bigger than a Northern Ireland Protestant/catholic argument, and quite frankly I think it is disgusting and childish that a large number ( not all ) of Protestants here blindly support Israel for no other reason than that they want to do the opposite of what the Catholics are doing ( yep they hate us that much ).. and please if you are going to continue making derogatory statements/claims then please back them up with sources/facts.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Lady_Tuatha

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
People of ireland understand behing subject to an oppresive governement, not sure what will come out of this protest but im sure ireland will now be known as a anti semite country.

Cue the parrots in 5 4 3 2 1

Yep it's sad but Ireland probably will be called an 'anti-semite' country now.. I wonder tho, the thousands of Jewish people who march and support peace in Palestine calling for an end to the genocide by the Israeli government do they get called anti semites also? It's a bit of a kneejerk reaction of late, disagree with Israel and you are automatically classed as anti-semite

That's possibly a correct analysis, in fact one poster has said just that citing Catholics in a baldy statement. But Israel, is run by a Zionist government which regards Judaism as a ethnicity, a grouping, not an inspired religion and that makes 'Jew-haters', Catholic or Protestant right up the Cul-De-Sac of ignorance.
As for any Jews protesting, we have already seen the American Jewish boy getting duffed up, threatened and arrested by the Israeli police in the West Bank after making a protest against what's happening in Gaza.
I'm not sure about this economic embargo on supermarket goods is the right way to go, I mean carrots and the like will only hurt salt of the Earth people like growers and small businesses, just ordinary people, same as the protesters here.
It's the big guns...literally, that the protest should be against, instead we are fecking about with ordinary lives.
Quite a different attitude towards Russia don't you think? and, about much the same carry on in the Ukraine.

No, the Zionists do need to be curtailed alright, but by protesting directly to governments who nurture them with all the WMD they supply, to curtail that activity. No mean feat mind you, but at least the message would be sent.

I have to agree with everything you said.

This is definitely not the right way to go about it. I think these small businesses are going to get hurt enough with Russia's food Import sanctions.

However, what we need to see is Governments world wide imposing trade sanctions on Israel, until the bloodshed is over and peace treaties are signed.

We need to see these Governments work around the clock to negotiate a peace deal; but alas, so far Egypt is he only country pursuing this at the minute (Maybe I'm wrong).

I think UK, US and EU couldn't really care less about what Israel are doing because they all have their hand in the cookie jar, so to speak.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
The op shows people getting out and making themselves heard, and in this thread we see people leading us away from the topic of the op.

See how it works?

Dont be led astray, stay on topic.

Agreed,
At least one poster is talking about spell checking while 'pigging texting? figure that out!
This thread is about a protest against what's happening in Gaza. After all that happened in Northern Ireland, it is a disgrace to bring religion into it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sorry no sources just facts that we both no i admit to the divide in our communities its what we do best here aint it
ur side support the people blowing up stuff ours support the side thats defending themselves from terrorists .. same old story really.. gdnite

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, I removed some Israeli new potatoes from the shelf of my local green grocer. Paid for them and had them with a nice green salad and a homemade Scotch egg. Very tasty.

To the OP. All this does is harm normal people's business. It may look clever on YouTube. What we really need to Hamas to stop lobbing rockets into Israel and for Israel to stop being so reactive when they do. Hamas cannot stop though, because they want the reaction and the perpetuation of the violence.

Regards

I'll help you a little I bought 2 12 packs of Coke and a 12 pack of Mello Yello, now I have to look up what a Scotch egg is, it might be good.
But I don't understand why Palestinians would be in Ireland telling the Irish what they should buy and what not to buy, wouldn't they be only guest in a country that isn't theirs. If they want to live there shouldn't they apply for citizenship in Ireland and leave the Palestinian baggage behind?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
Tell them to try that in a prodestant area and see what happens to them...

Whats a Prodestant?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Sorry no sources just facts that we both no i admit to the divide in our communities its what we do best here aint it
ur side support the people blowing up stuff ours support the side thats defending themselves from terrorists .. same old story really.. gdnite

Seriously, you sir are embarrassing yourself.

What you are insinuating is that Governments cannot be terrorist and don't blow things up. And that Governments can do NO wrong.

You are a good little Elitist slave aren't you?

Well if ever a day comes that you are oppressed (Invaded) by a terrorist (foreign) government, and you defend yourself (Revolt) against this foreign Government; Just remember YOU are the terrorist!
edit on 11-8-2014 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Easy as football eh? Just take a side. Of course it doesn't matter that to help things along in the creation of Israel, the Zionists liked to blow up a considerable number of innocents, British military, and more...while dressed as Arabs. Like I said, just to help things along, it's amazing what a few bob can do, like change history by invention..in the mind that is.
You take sides and no matter what, to a terrorist you are their favourite person.

edit on 11-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I see what your doing, trying to bait people in, cheesy troll.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join