It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belfast pro-Palestine supporters remove 'Israeli' goods from shelves of supermarket's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It is no secret that many here in Northern Ireland strongly support Palestine ( and quite a few who support Israel )

Earlier in the week a large group of pro-Palestine demonstrators removed what they said were Israeli-linked products from the shelves of a supermarket in west Belfast.

Dozens packed into the supermarket at the Westwood Centre on Kennedy Way at around 6.30pm on Monday - many chanting 'Free Palestine' - before taking numerous products off the shelves which have 'ties' to Israel.

They then filled shopping trolleys with the goods.

In a statement on Facebook, the group said "We call on others to join the boycott, stand with us over the coming weeks as we take the campaign to those who ignore the plight of the Palestinian people."

Last week dozens of people removed products, including those made by the Coca Cola company, from the shelves of Sainsbury’s supermarket in west Belfast. Many held aloft banners and flags, shouting 'Free Palestine'.

Full story here here

here is a video of supporters at a Tesco supermarket in Waterford Southern Ireland

I think we should be doing this more and more and putting pressure on our retailers to remove product's.
Never let anyone tell you your voice is not important.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
People of ireland understand behing subject to an oppresive governement, not sure what will come out of this protest but im sure ireland will now be known as a anti semite country.

Cue the parrots in 5 4 3 2 1

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Tell them to try that in a prodestant area and see what happens to them...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
People of ireland understand behing subject to an oppresive governement, not sure what will come out of this protest but im sure ireland will now be known as a anti semite country.

Yep it's sad but Ireland probably will be called an 'anti-semite' country now.. I wonder tho, the thousands of Jewish people who march and support peace in Palestine calling for an end to the genocide by the Israeli government do they get called anti semites also? It's a bit of a kneejerk reaction of late, disagree with Israel and you are automatically classed as anti-semite

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It could be worse. Try having Israeli products in your government. Those cost billions.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The catholics in north/south ireland are anti jewish tho iv seen it so u cant say they aint

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

That is a very immature false statement to make.

grow up..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lady_Tuatha

That is a very immature false statement to make.

grow up..

Lmfao what i said is true and u know it !!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What age are you 12?

I am no longer going to justify your ignorant baiting comments with a response, please educate yourself a little it might help
have a nice evening.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What age are you 12?

I am no longer going to justify your ignorant baiting comments with a response, please educate yourself a little it might help
have a nice evening.
Sorry but u are one seriously delusional lady im from belfast iv seen it with my own eyes nice try tho LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, I removed some Israeli new potatoes from the shelf of my local green grocer. Paid for them and had them with a nice green salad and a homemade Scotch egg. Very tasty.

To the OP. All this does is harm normal people's business. It may look clever on YouTube. What we really need to Hamas to stop lobbing rockets into Israel and for Israel to stop being so reactive when they do. Hamas cannot stop though, because they want the reaction and the perpetuation of the violence.

Regards

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
its a shame they could nt be out celebrating something really nice

and fun instead of a manufacture media

hey that suprmoon last night t was awesome

did anyone else see it?

will try to find link

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
The catholics in north/south ireland are anti jewish tho iv seen it so u cant say they aint

So Irish people are Anti-Semetic because we oppose the oppression of the Palestinian people and disagree with the Genocide the Zionists are carrying out on these people?

Wow.

For the record, It's the Israeli Government people have issues with, not the Jewish people; there is a huge difference and you are deliberately showing ignorance to Lambast Irish people.

I can easily say you are anti Irish, if you want to start playing cards.

All I can say is at least the Irish people are taking a stand against this sort of corrupt Government oppression, and showing that Governments just can't go around doing anything they like without condemnation.

I haven't seen any outrage by the UK, US or any other NATO country; regarding the actions of Israel.

Yet, they are all screaming at Russia; and imposing sanctions.

I find it funny (Even Ironic), that Obama was screaming Genocide of the Yazidis (Which is true), by ISIS, yet he is supporting and supplying Israel with weapons which are being used to wipe out the Palestinians.

I wonder why that is?

There must be alot of money to be made in the weapons trade.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Okay i'll bite lol. How exactly are Irish Catholics anti-semites? I am also from the North of Ireland and you really must have an ingrained hatred for catholics to just throw out statements like that, the only evidence I have seen lately in this Island of outright hatred for other communities/nationalities is what I see in the news of Polish families being forced out of their homes by loyalist thugs and the displays by 'some' loyalist protestants on the twelfth, notice the signs and flags on the neanderthal bonfires, not only were Ireland flags and Palestinian flags being burnt on top of them but they also displayed racist references to African and Chinese people not to mention hate slogans and effigies of local politicians... hate you say? yeah im sure you are well versed in that.. btw you spelt 'Protestant' wrong

link

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Okay i'll bite lol. How exactly are Irish Catholics anti-semites? I am also from the North of Ireland and you really must have an ingrained hatred for catholics to just throw out statements like that, the only evidence I have seen lately in this Island of outright hatred for other communities/nationalities is what I see in the news of Polish families being forced out of their homes by loyalist thugs and the displays by 'some' loyalist protestants on the twelfth, notice the signs and flags on the neanderthal bonfires, not only were Ireland flags and Palestinian flags being burnt on top of them but they also displayed racist references to African and Chinese people not to mention hate slogans and effigies of local politicians... hate you say? yeah im sure you are well versed in that.. btw you spelt 'Protestant' wrong

link

Ding, ding, ding; And the winner is....

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
Tell them to try that in a prodestant area and see what happens to them...

Why does this statement sound intimidating in nature?

It's almost like a territorial threat lol.

Can't you express yourself in a more articulate and civilized manner?
edit on 11-8-2014 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What i said was true tho its a catholic thing to have all the free palistine etc etc anf im using a fone with cracked screen quite hard to spell check .. ur lot would support anything thst would get yous publicity sad really my lot are quite racist but its belfast we are all just as bad as each other tbh

link
I am anti irish and yea iv also seen catholic parades even kids playgrounds named after dead terrorists etc but bk to the op iv seen ur lot burn jewish flags also its just there aibt many jews about that u know of or they would get the same treatment other minorities do ..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The op shows people getting out and making themselves heard, and in this thread we see people leading us away from the topic of the op.

See how it works?

Dont be led astray, stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So no proof just your really bias opinion on irish people, plz get a book on irish history, and learn how they where treated poorly by the brithish crown. Terrorist and freedom fighters mean the same thing, all depends on what side of the fence you stand.
edit on 11-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Yep it's sad but Ireland probably will be called an 'anti-semite' country now.. I wonder tho, the thousands of Jewish people who march and support peace in Palestine calling for an end to the genocide by the Israeli government do they get called anti semites also? It's a bit of a kneejerk reaction of late, disagree with Israel and you are automatically classed as anti-semite

That's possibly a correct analysis, in fact one poster has said just that citing Catholics in a baldy statement. But Israel, is run by a Zionist government which regards Judaism as a ethnicity, a grouping, not an inspired religion and that makes 'Jew-haters', Catholic or Protestant right up the Cul-De-Sac of ignorance.
As for any Jews protesting, we have already seen the American Jewish boy getting duffed up, threatened and arrested by the Israeli police in the West Bank after making a protest against what's happening in Gaza.
I'm not sure about this economic embargo on supermarket goods is the right way to go, I mean carrots and the like will only hurt salt of the Earth people like growers and small businesses, just ordinary people, same as the protesters here.
It's the big guns...literally, that the protest should be against, instead we are fecking about with ordinary lives.
Quite a different attitude towards Russia don't you think? and, about much the same carry on in the Ukraine.

No, the Zionists do need to be curtailed alright, but by protesting directly to governments who nurture them with all the WMD they supply, to curtail that activity. No mean feat mind you, but at least the message would be sent.

edit on 11-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join