It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the wide world of sports are these? Scary hairy things :O

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
LOL My mamma didn't raise no fool. I'm not poking it with a stick - yet
But if I do, I'll video it and me running away like a little girl LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Mianeye
It looks like Brown Coral fungus.

CLICK ME

They sort of look similar. Been searching "brown coral fungus". Your link is the closest to what they look like.

Yup
I'm going with this, driftwood and coral fungus do sort of match, maybe a bit was left dormant while indoors and since it was exposed to moisture outside it regrew...It looks like the black sort of hairs at the base of it are catching moisture out the air
edit on 11-8-2014 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm in the camp of go and film yourself poking it and then running away

Whatever it is its certainly funny looking

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Might just be me, but I'd shoot it!

Bow and arrow or a gun, don't matter, I'd shoot it...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
I'm in the camp of go and film yourself poking it and then running away

Whatever it is its certainly funny looking
Hey maybe they're called furryhobnobs LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Haha maybe they are, there's nothing wrong with furry biscuits though, you don't have to poke them, you just brush the fur away and dunk them in your tea

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It looks like some mineral/bio that seeped out of the wood through the resin cover and crystalized over time into those stringy like parts. They look brittle/crystalized over time as the mineral/bio seeped- pierced thru the driftwood resin.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

C'mon, what's the worst that could happen?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
They look like sea life that was stuck to the driftwood and dried out... but the "brown coral fungus" is a winner, imo.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
They look like sea life that was stuck to the driftwood and dried out... but the "brown coral fungus" is a winner, imo.
They do look like some coral species I have in my reef tank, but they weren't there when this was placed outside.

Man we have a lot of sadists that want me to poke this thing to "see what happens" LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
LOL
I'm more of a lurker then a poster but, I'm with them. Poke it with a long stick.
It'll be fun.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Another vote for 'poke it and film it.'

But could you please set it up as a live feed?

You know, in case it goes all 'Alien' on you and you aren't able to upload it?

edit on 8/11/2014 by TommyD1966 because: spelin

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Every single person in this thread that has told you to poke it with a stick is a man.

We have an electric bug zapper that looks like a tennis racket and good ole nenothtu keeps threatening to stick his tongue on it to "see what happens"

lol... men.. all of you.

That said, call pest control service and see what they say... they may not only know what it is but how best to kill it without any further damage to your piece.

Or... you could sell your piece, weird thing and all... on eBay so some man can purchase it just so he can poke it with a stick... lol...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Looks like the classic example of Bigfoot poop splatter. You often find these clumps in areas where Bigfoot is forced to move quickly. Because of their general 'see saw' pattern of swaying from side to side as they run, splatter often occurs.

I would say, this being found in Brooklyn, leads me to believe he was off course and moving quickly.

Hmmm. Why are these guys vacating their homes in the forest more and more these days? Only to find themselves trapped in a big city.
What are these animals fleeing from?
Reminds me if the numerous stories of millions of fish leaving the ocean and sitting on shore, dead.
The birds, thousands of them falling from the sky and sitting on the ground, dead.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966
Another vote for 'poke it and film it.'

But could you please set it up as a live feed?

You know, in case it goes all 'Alien' on you and you aren't able to upload it?
LOL Well if I do give it a whack, I'll be sure to film it and have someone on hand to call 911 - of course after they upload the film

Man they do look alien, don't they.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
POKE IT WITH A STICK?????
Have you people not seen The Blob ??????
may the force be with you

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If in doubt, poke it with a stick

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Gasoline and a match... Then more gasoline and more matches until there's nothing but a pile of ash. Maybe some motor oil for long burning. Just kill the dawn things before they take over! What was that one movie where the meteor hits in the guys yard and slowly covers everything with fuzz? Creepshow? Or one of those?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Logged in to say poke it with a stick and......Yes you must film that......Poke it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What surface is that on? It looks a bit like a mold called brown stemonitis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join