It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And 'round and 'round we go. Obama says this will be a Long Term Project

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Did the search thing and came up empty amazingly. Is it just me or does Obama sound like Bush in this instance.

www.foxnews.com...

I know he didn't want things to go the way they are. Plenty of blame to go around, but this is on his watch, his national security and foreign policies.

Welcome to the real world Barack. This ain't a popularity contest.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

From your link, Obama say's,

"I don't think we’re going to solve this problem in weeks," the president said on the South Lawn of the White House. “This is going to be a long-term project.”

Your link
Well Duh, Mr. President,,, didn't you and your team know about this threat back in and before,,,, 2012.
What, you thought they'd just go away and leave us and the rest of the world alone because of your persona?

WASHINGTON — Like the rest of the world, the U.S. government appeared to have been taken aback last month when Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city, fell to an offensive by jihadis of the Islamic State that triggered the collapse of five Iraqi army divisions and carried the extremists to the threshold of Baghdad.

They weren't, Obama's team knew what to expect.

A review of the record shows, however, that the Obama administration wasn’t surprised at all.

In congressional testimony as far back as November, U.S. diplomats and intelligence officials made clear that the United States had been closely tracking the al Qaida spinoff since 2012, when it enlarged its operations from Iraq to civil war-torn Syria, seized an oil-rich province there and signed up thousands of foreign fighters who’d infiltrated Syria through NATO ally Turkey.

The testimony, which received little news media attention at the time, also showed that Obama administration officials were well aware of the group’s declared intention to turn its Syrian sanctuary into a springboard from which it would send men and materiel back into Iraq and unleash waves of suicide bombings there. And they knew that the Iraqi security forces couldn’t handle it.

Obama's Waited this Long To Act!!! Why?
Link

edit on 10-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

He didn't know, don't you remember? He gets his intelligence reports through the MSM.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Don't blame Obama - who were the numpties who decided to overthrow two dictators who at least managed to keep the countries stable, keep the extremists under control, and run healthcare systems, universities and museums?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

How ironic, eh?

First Bush gets bogus reports from various intel agencies around the world and invades Iraq because of WMD's.

And now, Obama apparently doesn't trust said agencies enough that he has to watch the evening news.

Pretty sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Don't blame Obama - who were the numpties who decided to overthrow two dictators who at least managed to keep the countries stable, keep the extremists under control, and run healthcare systems, universities and museums?

Well, if your talking about Saddam and the Taliban, Yes, Saddam did manage through terror...kind of like what is going on now. He was a Sunni after all. And the Taliban did not care for museums at all. They used the Buddhist shrines as tank gunnery practice.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
From your link:

. "Moving them is not simple in this unstable environment."

Sounds like he wants to save the people that are in danger, but not interested in stopping ISIS.

Kind of like trying to save some of the money during a bank robbery... but not interfering with the robbers.
Yes, a tough task indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Blah

Same old story in the USA

Republicans understand that it's a harsh world beyond our borders and act accordingly but then use the same sort of rules to apply to our own people.

Democrats understand how to keep a Liberal society but then apply those same rules to fanatics and maniacs elsewhere.

It's the problem with political parties in general, they are still Dogmatic to a POV rather than flexible in regards to the situation at hand.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well here's what I think.

Obama is in with the Saudis and Qatars that want a natural gas pipeline into Europe. ISIS is the proxy.

Ever since the Shi'ites signed that Iran-Iraq-Syria Pipeline agreement a few years ago, it's all been about a Shi'ite vs Sunni pipelines.

Notice the "civil wars" in Syria and Iraq heated up right after that "agreement".

And don't discount the Russians either. They stand to lose big gas business if any pipeline gets to Europe from the Middle East. Russia will do everything possible to keep conflicts alive without a clear winner.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Would you trust the American intelligence community for information if you were president? Because I sure as hell wouldn't. Ever since Kennedy they've been running their own little world, completely outside any form of oversight (which I believe is what got JFK killed).

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No offense, but your last post basically says that ISIS is Russia's proxy. Did I get that right? Overall though I agree. I don't buy the "ISIS is a creation of the US/UK/Martians" line though.

Yes. the US and others did help train them during the Sons of Iraq phase of OIF. But once the US pulled out, I think their funding dried up pretty damn quick. Hell, we were phasing them out back in '08.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think you'll find this video very telling about Obama and the people tasked with saving his A$$!

Tapper: Tony, a lot of people have been warning about ISIS for months and months with no action — no serious action — by the White House. Was the intelligence not there? Why is it only now that you’re acting?

Blinken: Actually, we’ve been warning about this for a long time, ourselves, well beyond that. When, initially, in 2012, we said to the Iraqis, AQI — which is ISIS’ predecessor — may be on its heels, but the only way to keep them there is to go after them constantly, and we propose to engage with them to help them do that. The politics in Iraq wouldn’t allow that. But it took a while, and finally in 2013 — a year ago — we began to increase the capacity of the Iraqis to deal with AQI and then what became ISIS. And of course, the Syrian conflict added fuel to the fire. So we’ve been focused on this for well over a year, and unfortunately, the ISIS threat overtook the efforts that the Iraqis were making to deal with it. Now, unfortunately, everyone is seized with this, but what we’re seeing increasingly is coordination among the Iraqis and the Kurds, which is unique. We haven’t seen that in a long time. And countries in the region who’ve responded to this threat, which, it’s a threat to them as well, all getting together and looking to take action.

That wasn't an Answer,,,,,

Tapper: Tony, you say you’ve been warning about it, but in January, President Obama told The New Yorker magazine’s David Remnick that ISIS — which was then still considered a part of al-Qaeda fighting in Syria — was like a JV basketball team. He said, quote, “The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a JV team puts on Lakers uniforms, that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant.” Just how badly did President Obama underestimate the threat of ISIS?

So, Obama didn't Take Them Seriously Then,,,, But this Clown ( Tony ) wants people to believe Obama cared...

Blinken: No, there are two different things going on here, Jake. One is the question of the threat that ISIS poses to us here in the homeland, and unlike core al-Qaeda, right now, their focus is not on attacking the U.S. homeland or attacking our interests here in the United States or abroad.
OK, Stop Right There, Our Men and Women gave their Lives for those people that are being killed, is that not our interest abroad?

Obama has been wrong several times over the years but this mistake has caused the death of thousands of innocents in the Middle East. It’s the tragedy of far left policy in action.

Obama has Failed America, this threat could have been stopped in it's Infancy and countless Lives Could Have Been Saved.
Link
Of-Course That this Old Cold Warriors Opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
Would you trust the American intelligence community for information if you were president? Because I sure as hell wouldn't.

Then why run for POTUS? The intel community is tied at the hip to that office.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Meh

Not blaming Govt on this one... it's like if your quiet neighbor comes by and asks to borrow some hedge clippers and offers to clip your hedges too in exchange for the favor... then goes next door and kills his whole family with them. As the neighbor your just sitting there as usual saying "he was a quiet guy... I never would have expected"

What i'm saying is no one an predict barbarism

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: xuenchen

No offense, but your last post basically says that ISIS is Russia's proxy. Did I get that right? Overall though I agree. I don't buy the "ISIS is a creation of the US/UK/Martians" line though.

Yes. the US and others did help train them during the Sons of Iraq phase of OIF. But once the US pulled out, I think their funding dried up pretty damn quick. Hell, we were phasing them out back in '08.

You got it part right, part wrong.

ISIS is probably Saudi/Qatar backed.

Russia will back both sides marginally to keep any conflict alive, but mostly will back Syria/Shi'ite because they might stand a chance of getting a piece of the gas sales to Europe if Iran is successful with their pipeline.

A clear winner will cost Russia a fortune in lost sales either way however.

Obama is in league with the Saudis/Qatar.

It's the natural gas. Qatar's fields are worth Trillion$.

Obama needs a clear "reason" to escalate U.S. involvement. That's why he has "hesitated" until now.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

There are videos of ISIS doing the same barbaric crap in Syria, along with photo ops of McCain giving them support. I am pretty sure that they knew what they were all about.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If there was ever a force of evil in this world worthy of the full and unrestrained force of the US military, this would be it.

They must be destroyed, eliminated, eradicated no matter what it takes or how long it takes... But you all already know that isn't going to happen here. Obama is looking for moves that bump up his approval numbers... And a quick escape, leaving an even greater threat and mess for the next president....

imo
edit on 10-8-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

There are videos of ISIS doing the same barbaric crap in Syria, along with photo ops of McCain giving them support. I am pretty sure that they knew what they were all about.

I'd disagree entirely.

Western Politicians don't truly understand the mindset they are dealing with, they keep thinking logic and treaties will create X results. They sign on fighters for their agenda like Baseball teams recruit players and are surprised every time when it turns out one group or another never intended to play ball in the first place...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I wasn't concerned with which side they are on. I am stating that there was ample proof of their barbarism.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Obama turned a blind eye to the rise of Isis in Iraq, because we covertly aided them in Syria against Assad, now with low approval ratings and mid term elections approaching, he decides to make some political gain from airstrikes and humanitarian aid...

All without any regard for the hornets nest he was kicking?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join