It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Yell "Kill The Police" After Teen Is Fatally Shot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
They're looting/rioting

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-8-2014 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BanTv
They're looting

www.youtube.com...

Now that is disgusting behavior... and could very well lead to another death pretty quickly. That is NOT the coming together that needs to be done by any means. I'm also trying to figure out what the store owner did in all of this to result in his store being not only looted but destroyed from the looks of it. That's pure idiotic behavior and does nothing to further the case in a positive way. All they have succeeded in doing is giving a lot of people (that see this as stereotypical behavior) a reason to see a reason that, that boy was shot to death.

I don't get it and it's sad that this has to be done in the name of something so tragic for all. Those in the video used this tragedy for naught but self gain.

I like the uploaders description.....

Cooler heads need to prevail. Quicktrip in Ferguson looted after violent confrontation with police. Justice for Mike Brown...in a just way. Courtesy of Umar Lee of the St. Louis Evening-Whirl

I agree wholeheartedly with that man's statement.

ETA - That whoever took this video and uploaded it has successfully made it fairly easy to go out there and arrest at least 15 to 20 of those people that were taking part in this. I wonder what will happen when they go there looking for those people this time? None of these folks made a really wise move in doing what they have done IMO.

This stunt could very well cost more lives in the long run and I would think that is not what anybody wants.
edit on 8/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yup it's crazyness. Apparently a LOT has been happening the past few hours. They're setting stores on fire, looting stores, stole an ATM, walmart employees had to barricade themselves somewhere inside, robbing rim/tire shops, etc etc. I don't have a link for a police scanner but it sounds nuts.

I would link to the 4chan thread/s but don't know if I can/should.

Also, some are saying the young man was shot after wrestling with the cop for his gun...
edit on 10-8-2014 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

my god didn't this just get from bad to worse...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

You should not. But I just found one.

Are they really shooting at police helicopter? WalMart staff barricaded...
edit on 1120140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BanTv

Yup it's crazyness. Apparently a LOT has been happening the past few hours. They're setting stores on fire, looting stores, stole an ATM, walmart employees had to barricade themselves somewhere inside, robbing rim/tire shops, etc etc. I don't have a link for a police scanner but it sounds nuts.

Also, some are saying the young man was shot after wrestling with the cop for his gun...

I probably wouldn't link to 4 chan here, though I am not sure if it's a bannable offense or not.

I am sad to hear that the looting has become more widespread. I surely hope they don't think this kind of message is going help in the long run. They are punishing people and businesses that had absolutely nothing to do with the victim. I would not be surprised at this point if at least one more death does not occur because of this behavior. I hope not but... You can not act in ways that leave the police with no other option and then complain about it and I think that is where this is headed if it doesn't end soon.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It definitely appears that way from what were all hearing so far. I hope that it doesn't lead to even more loss of life, but if it continues to escalate it probably will.

I don't understand the thinking behind this at all. I know they are pissed and some are hurting, but destroying your own neighborhood and hurting those who had nothing to do with the original incident is pure madness IMO.
edit on 8/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Lol, how about...pzfeed on twitter

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It definitely appears that way from what were all hearing so far. I hope that it doesn't lead to even more loss of life, but if it continues to escalate it probably will.

I don't understand the thinking behind this at all. I know they are pissed and some are hurting, but destroying your own neighborhood and hurting those who had nothing to do with the original incident is pure madness IMO.

sadly it will most likely lead to loss of life.....and a loss of liberty which seems to be a growing trend these days....ransacking businesses will cause these people a whole lot more pain

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

Hey I can't find a livefeed of scanner. Got one?

Also, do they really have 4 cops surrounded?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Here is a scanner link for those interested.

www.broadcastify.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Here is a scanner link for those interested.

www.broadcastify.com...

Thanks for the link TSO.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Don't know if this is up though

fox2now.com...

Also not sure about cops. I have read "shots fired" in different locations (from people listening to feeds). I guess it's Ferguson MO?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Ah, thank you

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Anywhere in the world that you have a majority of black people crime is rampant, that is the truth and no amount of white guilt will change it.

If these mofos want a race war / get free rims and flat screens day, fine I am tired of this bs poor me blame whitey for everything.

Luckily most of them are unarmed democrats who can't shoot for shxt anyway. Leaving just the bad apples to get deleted.

edit on 11-8-2014 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

News is startling to trickle from other sources, this one paints a different picture.

Police said Brown was shot after a struggle over a gun in a police car. It was not immediately clear why Brown was in the car.

At least one shot was fired during the struggle, and the police officer then fired more shots before leaving the car.

The officer, who was not identified, is a six-year veteran and has been put on administrative leave, St. Louis County police chief Jon Belmar told a news conference.

"It is our understanding at this point in the investigation, that within the police car there was a struggle over the officer's weapon," Mr Belmar said.

Reuters

Hmmm...who can be sure at this point. As for the looting and destruction-well there is no doubt about that.

Sunday's protests turned violent after dark, according to news station KMOV-TV, with rioters smashing the window of a store and damaging cars. The crowd broke the windows of a news truck, the station said.

A teenage girl told reporters that a convenience store was being looted. Asked what looters were taking, she said: "Everything. They destroyed everything."

Reuters

Now the shooting itself is certainly not pleasant news, but the opportunistic slugs who took advantage of this tragedy should be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they are capable of doing so. It sickens me to think that people are using this poor boys death as an excuse to create chaos and frighten people.

I'm not one incite Karma all that often, But I hope that karma comes back and kicks these looters right in the you know what's.

And as for the actual incident that started all this, Cop kills kid is all that is solid. The why will come when the dust settles.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sadly I see this turning in to an excuse to loot and pillage, some of our more criminal youth will just jump on the band wagon to do what they do best instead of focusing on getting justice for wrongly committed acts.

We had the same here in the UK where a known drug dealer was shot dead in Tottenham, North London. Within hours the message was being texted on blackberries etc to loot everywhere, retail parks were emptied, high streets smashed to bits and looted and a couple of places set fire to where people in flats above the businesses escaped by luck.

I have sympathy for the grandmother here but lets find out all the facts and if its the cop then he gets put away, sadly I think it will just explode to allow the gangs to steal and run riot.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

first time poster. have been coming to this site for years but never joined. mainly because i didnt want to end up on some list but seeing as i come here almost everyday i figure if there is one im already on it lol

anyways this story is the reason i made an account. no one wants to see someone killed let alone if they were innocent..

but what gets me is that even in the story they say minutes later more shots rang out..which means one of the idiots that live there went and got a gun and fired off some shots. i dont know about you, but that also says a lot about the people in the area. but we totally ignore that part of the story. not that it excuses someone being wrongfully killed but i do think it has a lot to do with these officers jumping the gun so to speak..because there are MANY idiots out there that wont hesitate to pull out a gun and shoot you. and unfortunately we as society expect officers to get shot at first before they do. its a lot to act like we know whats going through their minds. its you or them and im sure they'd rather be the ones going back to their families..

its 5am here so sorry if my typing is a little off... any thoughts?

as i read further i see they are rioting now..which i think further proves my point unfortunately

edit on 11-8-2014 by Baltazar84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
As expected the looting and rioting has started and as expected its NOTHING about justice its purely about people stealing, and sadly its yet again a totally black mob is doing it.

I wonder if we will get the old underprivileged excuse again..

The people doing this are nothing but common criminals out to get as much high price gear as possible, it not political, its pure theft. They were even looting a hair weave store....Seriously a sad reflection on Black America today, go out and educate yourself with the same chances as other or skip school and steal, guess which choice far too many are making.

Its sickening as the chances are there but there seems to be a unwritten law that you must not work, expect every one to pay for you and your kids (numerous) and to just expect the tax payer to support you for the rest of your life.

Here in the UK we have far too many people of all colours and creeds doing the same, no work ethic, just steal, get pregnant and let the state take care of you, both men and women just living the estate mentality, what's worse is they believe it their RIGHT to do it.

What are these sad idiots going to do when the pot is empty and the benefits simply don't exist, they will turn on each other and any one else they can be bothered to steal from.

The future isn't pretty for any one..
edit on 11-8-2014 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baltazar84

first time poster. have been coming to this site for years but never joined. mainly because i didnt want to end up on some list but seeing as i come here almost everyday i figure if there is one im already on it lol

anyways this story is the reason i made an account. no one wants to see someone killed let alone if they were innocent..

but what gets me is that even in the story they say minutes later more shots rang out..which means one of the idiots that live there went and got a gun and fired off some shots. i dont know about you, but that also says a lot about the people in the area. but we totally ignore that part of the story. not that it excuses someone being wrongfully killed but i do think it has a lot to do with these officers jumping the gun so to speak..because there are MANY idiots out there that wont hesitate to pull out a gun and shoot you. and unfortunately we as society expect officers to get shot at first before they do. its a lot to act like we know whats going through their minds. its you or them and im sure they'd rather be the ones going back to their families..

its 5am here so sorry if my typing is a little off... any thoughts?

as i read further i see they are rioting now..which i think further proves my point unfortunately

Welcome to ATS!

I have no doubt that the police officers coming in to that area are probably already on high alert. We all know those neighborhoods where you are scared to stop at a red light after the sun goes down. It isn't just black neighborhoods either. There just seem to be some areas where troublemakers seem to gather in large numbers. Every city, state, and town has one.

But police officers are supposed to trained on how to handle those types of situations. They should be on high alert for their own safety but they can't use that excuse to get trigger happy (if that is what happened) anytime anybody there flexes. I am sure that whatever they were trying to do with this young man, they were trying to get it done as quickly as possible so people would not gather like they did and fire off some shots again... like they did. They no doubt wanted to get the hell out of dodge a lot quicker than they did. And once again... I can't blame them for that.

My thought on that is, if this kid wasn't running from committing a murder, a rape, or some other violent crime, then they probably should have let him just run instead of shooting him a total of 9 times. If he was innocent in all of this (we still don't quite know the specifics) it is unfair that he had to pay the price for the cops feeling a little too antsy in that part of town. And if that is the case then perhaps that police department needs to look for some new help that doesn't tremble like Barney Fife at any thing that moves.

Again for good measure... I can fully understand being nervous in some neighborhoods but I am also not trained to handle situations like they are. They are trained for a reason and one of those is so they will not overreact in certain scenarios. If not for that then any of us could do the job.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join