It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Where Do You Rank in the World? Know Your Place!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
********ARMY, AIR FORCE, NAVY, MARINE, COAST GUARD, NATIONAL GUARD******** ACTIVE, RESERVES, RETIRED OR FALLEN : PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE: THANK YOU FOR MY FREEDOM

We are considered the number 1 SUPER POWER IN THE WORLD! We NEED to join together and support our Military. They are the reason you are FREE!

To all Americans, if we do not stop blaming each other for all the ills in our country, WE ARE GOING TO FALL!!
If we do not get behind our defenders WE WILL NOT STAND!!

There is much truth in the statement UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!! Think about it, how can a thug group led by a " Jack Sparrow" lookalike be taking over the Middle East? Because this group of thugs have something we don't!! They have unwavering support for their cause throughout the Middle East! The people whom support them support the110% NOT in a half ass manner! There is not division in their group of followers and supporters, not the jihad's themselves, but in the towns where people have jubilantly jumped into to rally around them! This is why a thug group living in a "liter box" has quickly over run govts. and taken over towns....Now please understand I think this is a dastardly group! I do not support them!!!! I think it is sad how pathetic America has become when it comes to supporting our Military!!

I realize many here and everywhere do not hold the same sentiment for our military as i do, and i want to know why? Please with your response be civil and gracious. Target the message not the messenger!

Through an adult discussion I want to here from Military and Civilians

Military/ Vets: What do you wish most knew about your time served?

Civilians, Are you for or against our Military?

How will your view of our Military effect your life in America and how will it effect generations to come? If you are against our Military, than how can you be for America and all she stands for?
challengesd if you support our Military?

Thanks for your time and i hope many will come just to share.....

Pax

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Most Americans seem to be like us brits.

It not the military we hate, hell we repect our military.

Its the way they are USED.

American troops havent been used to protect American freedom since the cold war.

Fact is NO nation on earth has the military capabilitys to invade the USA, no one, not russia, china or a bunch of barbarians in the ME.

Iraq, Afganistan, libya have not had anything to do with protecting US (or in my case UK) freedoms.

Stop the wars of aggresion thats all we ask.

Of course this is from a brit but its the same principle.
edit on 9-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Took the words out of my mouth keyboard

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I absolutely support the fighting men and women that make up our Armed Forces and thank them personally for their service whenever I can.

I loathe and despise government policies that waste American lives for little more than corporate profiteering.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'll third this notion.
Your entire post seems to sum up my position actually.

link   

American troops havent been used to protect American freedom since the cold war.

Fact is NO nation on earth has the military capabilitys to invade the USA, no one, not russia, china or a bunch of barbarians in the ME.

Iraq, Afganistan, libya have not had anything to do with protecting US (or in my case UK) freedoms.

Stop the wars of aggresion thats all we ask.

Of course this is from a brit but its the same principle.

Not going to bother to type my opinion, because this is what it is.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

We NEED to join together and support our Military. They are the reason you are FREE!

And you also NEED people to not support the military btw, if you just blindly follow and agree no matter what, it opens the door for them to do what ever they want.
The military is there to serve the public, so the public needs let it be known if they don't agree with what they are doing.
The whole, "if you don't stand behind the troops, then go stand in front of them" attitude needs to go IMO
And ISIS does not have 110% support, not sure where you get that idea. Many in that area do no support what they are doing...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
While I respect them for the job they do I see them as a necessary evil.
We wouldn't have any war If all the troops just put down their weapons after all.
Oh Iam sure their are posts on other websites saying the same thing but about ISIS....all from what opinion you have.
I see it nothing to be proud of having the biggest army etc...I would be more proud of having the best healthcare or the best education system.
edit on 9-8-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hey lyx i sent you a PM in case you hadnt spotted it yet
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yep have to jump in and say i also agree with you.I do not like they are use for corporate profits and elites global control for power.But at some point they need to remember their oath and not obey i know a whole lot harder to do then to say.I never served because of my dad R.I.P pops.I seen how they brainwashed him in to just following orders.1 of the main reasons me and him never really got along. He would say things like i need to conform ect. I will bow to no man or government no one tells me how to live and what is right and wrong for me sorry went off on a lil rant there..
edit on 9-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That's what I came to say. I support anyone who's in, but it's sad what they're used for. Too much offense and not enough defense.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Can you please explain this line,

They are the reason you are FREE!

You see i dont get that line, we here in Ireland have no army and we're "free"
Most other countries in the World are "free" too..

So why are you free because of your military?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have nothing against the men and women serving in the military. I do, however, find the military complex itself to be disturbingly evil. When I say "military complex" I don't just mean the various branches, but rather the military leaders and the people whom those leaders choose to associate with outside of this country in order to do what they do abroad. Specifically, corporate entities who make money from our military doing various things like protecting oil reserves, attacking foreign countries under false pretenses in order to have contractors come in to rebuild said countries, being peacekeepers in areas like the middle east that have never, in their entire existence, ever known peace and have never shown a willingness to achieve peace.

Meanwhile, while they're 10,000 miles away pissing in the wind, there is an immediate issue of national security coming up from Mexico that the military is overtly avoiding. And they are avoiding it because too many influential people make too much money from the drug and human trafficking trades.

So go ahead, wave your flag and pledge your allegiance to the men and women serving in the military. I will be actively voicing my opinion that those men and women should be brought back home to protect our physical borders, not overseas interests. If our leaders don't see it that way, which they don't, those men and women should be encouraged not to reenlist and civilians should be encouraged not to join at all until the leaders get their priorities straight. While we're busy being the worlds babysitters, our own country's infrastructure is quietly falling apart. If our leaders and their corporate sponsors want to help the rest of the world, let the corporations hire their own private security forces to do what our military is currently doing.

So with all due respect paxnatus, I cannot in good conscience stand up and praise our military personnel for defending this country when in reality they are doing just the opposite. And they are doing it solely for corporate profit because they were duped into thinking that their cause is a noble one by the propaganda spewed by American news outlets that are controlled by a select few billionaires. Our military in general and our country in particular have turned into bastardized versions of what they originally were and what they were meant to be.

I am a 47 year old American who served in the U.S. military. I served my country, I love my country and respect those who presently serve in the military. I have, however, no love or respect for the leaders of this country or the military. They don't deserve it.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
To all Americans, if we do not stop blaming each other for all the ills in our country, WE ARE GOING TO FALL!!

Who else can we blame? We live in a representative democracy. The ills in our country are our fault.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I'll third this notion.
Your entire post seems to sum up my position actually.

And I fourth that notion...

The US is misusing the vast force that should be used for good purposes..
They are being used to secure an industry..
Please understand that.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i agree with the crazy ewoks post and there is not much more to say..

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
According to this website the USA ranks:

The U.S. ranks 7th in wireless broadband subscriptions
The U.S. ranks 101st in peace
The U.S. ranks first in incarceration
The U.S. ranks 2nd for approval of drone strikes
The U.S. ranks 60th in the cost of fast food
The U.S. ranks 13th in believing homosexuality should be accepted
The U.S. ranks 23rd in gender equality
The U.S. ranks 33rd in internet download speeds
The U.S. ranks 1st in women’s Olympic figure skating gold medals
The U.S. ranks 46th in freedom of the press
The U.S. ranks 13th in disapproval of marital infidelity
The U.S. ranks 30th in folk religions
The U.S. ranks 24th in foreign born
The U.S. ranks 26th in child well-being
The U.S. ranks 24th in literacy
The U.S. ranks 19th in perceived honesty
The U.S. ranks 27th in leisure and personal care
The U.S. ranks 1st in the super rich
The U.S. ranks 134th in prevalence of slavery
The U.S. ranks 17th in happiness
The U.S. ranks 8th for having a nice old-age
The U.S. ranks 99th in peacefulness
The U.S. ranks 17th in confidence in President Obama
The U.S. ranks 1st in locking people up
The U.S. ranks 11th in working hard
The U.S. ranks 24th in freedom from corruption
The U.S. ranks 16th in manufacturing compensation costs
The U.S. ranks 9th in retirement security
The U.S. ranks 6th in living the good life
The U.S. ranks 22nd in deaths by ultraviolet radiation
The U.S. ranks 15th in perceived press freedom
The U.S. ranks 1st in wine consumption
The U.S. ranks 7th in natural gas exports
The U.S. ranks 96th in adolescent fertility
The U.S. ranks 1st in plastic surgeons
The U.S. ranks 10th in economic freedom
The U.S. ranks 23rd in wage distribution

There are more here at this link LINK including graphs and articles over each topic.
edit on 9-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We (the United States) went to war in Iraq based on lies. Are we free yet? Why is it a war to protect our freedoms made us less free?

Jingoist patriotism does not make us free. That's how Hitler got into power and how America turned into a plutocracy.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
While I respect them for the job they do I see them as a necessary evil.
We wouldn't have any war If all the troops just put down their weapons after all.
Oh Iam sure their are posts on other websites saying the same thing but about ISIS....all from what opinion you have.
I see it nothing to be proud of having the biggest army etc...I would be more proud of having the best healthcare or the best education system.

Thats another point.

USA may be the number 1 military super power but its ranks bottom in the western world in things like healthcare, education and is even slipping in freedom as its no longer the most free anymore.

And then there is the 17 trillion debt......

If your economy goes bang then that number 1 military is useless.

I dont want the US to fall, dont get me wrong. But the USA needs to acknowalge and sort its weaknesses and its military is not its weakness. Id be more concerned about the debt,
edit on 9-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why do we need people NOT to support the Military? The Armed Forces are NOT PUBLIC Servants, where did you get that idea?? Yes I blindly support the men and women who voluntarily signed up to protect me and my freedoms!

They do not pick and choose what to do based on popular or public opinion!! I can write the Armed Forces and beg them to send the man I love back home, do you think they are gonna just go pluck him out of a combat zone for me?
God, I wish! But that is NOT how it works! The men and women are following orders! Orders, unfortunately in my opinion swayed sometimes for political gain on the global stage!

Take Obama for example, The Military advice he received was to NOT pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq too quickly or all at once. He was warned the consequences of what would happen if he did! He insisted doing things his way because he was using our Military as an advancement in his upcoming Presidential election....He did not care a damn about our troops or the ME only about his power and greed!! Look where we are today? Now facing the possibility that we will have to send many more back in that god forsaken area to clean up their mess!! And if you hear no mention of this it is because many troops are and still there!! Many more than 300!!

Therefore the problem is not with our Military it is with the elected officials that we put in office!

"if you don't stand behind the troops, then go stand in front of them" attitude needs to go IMO

Could you please show me where I said this? I am confused!

I have heard you say you served in the military. Thank you for your service...However, I am confused by your comments and previous one speaking out against our military...Can you explain that, why so bitter?

Thanks for your responses,

pax

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join