It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented: German General Appointed Chief of Staff of US Army Europe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: pennydrops

originally posted by: bjarneorn

If someone attacks (Russia) our troops need to be close. Just the threat of US troops is enough to demand caution.

Take your concerns elsewhere ... and your fight with the Russians.

Sooner or later, we'll throw your troops out ... I suggest you have them leave, before that happens.

Ooohhh scary. Who saved Europe's ass multiple times already? Who will be there to do it again next time?

I have no concern, nor a fight with Russia, Russia only picks on those it can actually beat, like Eastern European countries.

When Europe engaged Libya and it ran out of ammo in a week who did they ask to support them? That's right. How about you take your drivel elsewhere. Get your government to fund their military and grow a backbone.

The Russians saved us in WW2.

They crippled the Nazis on the eastern front, losing millions of lives in the process. The US joined once we were past the worse. This is common knowledge.

jeez.

How incredibly shortsighted you are. Had Russia beat the Germans and Marched all the way through France what do you think Europe would look like today? America DID save you in WW2, you just fail to understand how.

Your totally deluded.

Had the scenario you describe occurred, Britain would have pulled the 14th Army ( along with other Commonwealth Troops and equipment ) out of The Far East to take on the threat nearer to home.
Leaving the U.S. to take on The Japanese without British involvement.

No once again I am being replied to by someone completely ignorant. You think the Indian troops would leave India to be devastated to defend Britain? Then you think they will transport them all to Britain without the Axis finding out and attacking?

Just such a stupid reply.

Who mentioned Indian Troops ? The Commonwealth includes many other countries apart from India. There where around half a million troops alone from countries in East, West and South Africa.

Source that. from what I have read it was half a million men total and most of them were Indian.

As for them being attacked by the axis powers. With what exactly? Germany had zero aircraft carries, had lost most of her large ships. Their U Boats where mainly tied up in The North Atlantic to engage The Arctic Convoys. The Italian navy was no longer a threat after Italy signed an armistice with the allies in 1943. The Japanese navy was kept occupied in The Far East.

What ships would transport them? What ships would protect the transport? How are they storming the beach since numbers alone would not have won the day, so even getting the same number of troops the US provided would still have resulted in failure. Unless it was VERY protected you think the U Boats would not have diverted to sink a huge troop convoy? Then you can tell me how the British forces would even be able to get on transports as they were retreating getting their asses handed to them by the Japanese.

As for being a stupid reply, take a look in the mirror.

Everything you posted was wrong. I don't need a mirror, you need a book on military tactics and also human psychology.

Here is the source for African troops numbers

martinplaut.wordpress.com...

Total Commonwealth African troops. Over 1 million.

I won't even reply to the rest of your post, because like almost everything else you have stated, it is total bollocks.

Figures .. you can't read your own sources. Allow me to correct you .. again.

The 70th anniversary of World War II is being commemorated around the world, but the contribution of one group of soldiers is almost universally ignored. How many now recall the role of more than one million African troops?

Most fought for Britain, but some participated on the Italian side and others were fighting for the French (both Vichy French and the Free French).

Yet they fought in the deserts of North Africa, the jungles of Burma and over the skies of Germany.

There were not 1 million in the 14th Army. There were not 1 million in India. Your source is talking about Africans fighting in AFRICA. So again, you think the Africans are going to leave Africa to go fight for Britain and let their homeland be destroyed? Seriously, get some reading comprehension, get some facts, and lose the hate.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

originally posted by: bjarneorn

If someone attacks (Russia) our troops need to be close. Just the threat of US troops is enough to demand caution.

Take your concerns elsewhere ... and your fight with the Russians.

Sooner or later, we'll throw your troops out ... I suggest you have them leave, before that happens.

Ooohhh scary. Who saved Europe's ass multiple times already? Who will be there to do it again next time?

I have no concern, nor a fight with Russia, Russia only picks on those it can actually beat, like Eastern European countries.

When Europe engaged Libya and it ran out of ammo in a week who did they ask to support them? That's right. How about you take your drivel elsewhere. Get your government to fund their military and grow a backbone.

The Russians saved us in WW2.

They crippled the Nazis on the eastern front, losing millions of lives in the process. The US joined once we were past the worse. This is common knowledge.

jeez.

How incredibly shortsighted you are. Had Russia beat the Germans and Marched all the way through France what do you think Europe would look like today? America DID save you in WW2, you just fail to understand how.

Your totally deluded.

Had the scenario you describe occurred, Britain would have pulled the 14th Army ( along with other Commonwealth Troops and equipment ) out of The Far East to take on the threat nearer to home.

No once again I am being replied to by someone completely ignorant. You think the Indian troops would leave India to be devastated to defend Britain? Then you think they will transport them all to Britain without the Axis finding out and attacking?

Just such a stupid reply.

Who mentioned Indian Troops ? The Commonwealth includes many other countries apart from India. There where around half a million troops alone from countries in East, West and South Africa.

Source that. from what I have read it was half a million men total and most of them were Indian.

As for them being attacked by the axis powers. With what exactly? Germany had zero aircraft carries, had lost most of her large ships. Their U Boats where mainly tied up in The North Atlantic to engage The Arctic Convoys. The Italian navy was no longer a threat after Italy signed an armistice with the allies in 1943. The Japanese navy was kept occupied in The Far East.

What ships would transport them? What ships would protect the transport? How are they storming the beach since numbers alone would not have won the day, so even getting the same number of troops the US provided would still have resulted in failure. Unless it was VERY protected you think the U Boats would not have diverted to sink a huge troop convoy? Then you can tell me how the British forces would even be able to get on transports as they were retreating getting their asses handed to them by the Japanese.

As for being a stupid reply, take a look in the mirror.

Everything you posted was wrong. I don't need a mirror, you need a book on military tactics and also human psychology.

Here is the source for African troops numbers

martinplaut.wordpress.com...

Total Commonwealth African troops. Over 1 million.

I won't even reply to the rest of your post, because like almost everything else you have stated, it is total bollocks.

Figures .. you can't read your own sources. Allow me to correct you .. again.

The 70th anniversary of World War II is being commemorated around the world, but the contribution of one group of soldiers is almost universally ignored. How many now recall the role of more than one million African troops?

Most fought for Britain, but some participated on the Italian side and others were fighting for the French (both Vichy French and the Free French).

Yet they fought in the deserts of North Africa, the jungles of Burma and over the skies of Germany.

There were not 1 million in the 14th Army. There were not 1 million in India. Your source is talking about Africans fighting in AFRICA. So again, you think the Africans are going to leave Africa to go fight for Britain and let their homeland be destroyed? Seriously, get some reading comprehension, get some facts, and lose the hate.

You obviously have problems in the reading dept.

1) At no time have i stated 1 million African where in the 14th Army, nor in fact in India. Please point me to where i stated this.

2) 1,051,347 African troops fought on the British side ( it's quite easy just add up the figures)

3) No the source does not state The African Troops where only fighting in Africa. If you bothered to actually read the source it states:-

"Yet they fought in the deserts of North Africa, the jungles of Burma and over the skies of Germany."

When was the last time Burma and Germany where situated on The African Continent ? I must have missed that .

Burma Campaign ( Note The African Countries Listed )

en.wikipedia.org...

They also fought in Italy

en.wikipedia.org...

And of course The Battle Of Britain

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

Just man up and admit you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

edit on 12-8-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

1) At no time have i stated 1 million African where in the 14th Army, nor in fact in India. Please point me to where i stated this.

Well here you go!

Your totally deluded.

So unless Africa is the FAR EAST you said exactly that. We were talking about the 14th Army, in the Far East. You magically went from half a million non-Indian troops to 1 million. I can source your statements to prove that as well.

2) 1,051,347 African troops fought on the British side ( it's quite easy just add up the figures)

Yes, fighting mostly in Africa. If you think they would abandon their home you are deluded. It would be like asking the British soldiers to all leave Europe to fight in Africa .. never happen.

3) No the source does not state The African Troops where only fighting in Africa. If you bothered to actually read the source it states:-

"Yet they fought in the deserts of North Africa, the jungles of Burma and over the skies of Germany."

When was the last time Burma and Germany where situated on The African Continent ? I must have missed that .

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Hilarious. How many fought in Europe. You are the clueless one thinking Britain can just whisk them all to Europe and win the day. It's just so moronic to think Britain could have done that, yet chose to let their island being attacked and bombed. Why didn't Britain do it, since you claim they could have, easy.

Either way you moronic inability to see your country needed help has thrown this thread OT long enough, and I am done helping you do it.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion
That is not true. Ike was in overall command of all allied forces, not a British general officer. A US commander was in command of US and allied forces. The orders might have been handed down by a Brit, but they were penned by an American.

Actually, while "Ike" may have been "Supreme Commander" the second tier of the command Staff were all British.

Overlord itself was devised by British Generals, the majority of the troops were British or Canadian, the entire Naval task force was British bar a few ships and the vast majority of the aircraft were British.

Don't go believing Holywood for your history...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Well here you go!

Your totally deluded.

So unless Africa is the FAR EAST you said exactly that. We were talking about the 14th Army, in the Far East. You magically went from half a million non-Indian troops to 1 million. I can source your statements to prove that as well.

Yes, fighting mostly in Africa. If you think they would abandon their home you are deluded. It would be like asking the British soldiers to all leave Europe to fight in Africa .. never happen.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Hilarious. How many fought in Europe. You are the clueless one thinking Britain can just whisk them all to Europe and win the day. It's just so moronic to think Britain could have done that, yet chose to let their island being attacked and bombed. Why didn't Britain do it, since you claim they could have, easy.

Either way you moronic inability to see your country needed help has thrown this thread OT long enough, and I am done helping you do it.

You can try twist and turn everything i have stated, but the truth cannot be hidden. You ain't got a clue about what you are talking about.

I am still waiting for you to point out whee i stated that 1 million Africans where in the 14th Army, or in fact fighting in India. So come on then just show me where i said that. I think i am going to have a very long wait.

I see the way that you reply to a post is.................make it up as you go along.

No wonder many Americans are disrespected on ATS.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I quoted you, 14th army is right there. As I said I am done going off topic with you. If you can't see 14th army in my quote buy glasses.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

I quoted you, 14th army is right there. As I said I am done going off topic with you. If you can't see 14th army in my quote buy glasses.

I am still waiting for you to show me WHERE I STATED that 1 million Africans where in the 14th Army.

You can't show me, because i never said that. You just make it up as you go along.

You also stated that African troops only fought in Africa, I have provided sources to show that they didn't.

Your replies are a total fabrication of distorted information to try and justify the complete rubbish you are spouting.

There is no need to continue a discussion with someone who just twits the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join