It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the??...Why so many flags?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I hope this thread isnt off base. I suppose the mods will do their thing if need be.

Here goes:

Many of us have been following a thread today created by the owner of ATS. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was just wondering to myself, "why the high flag count in this thread?" Granted, it is an interesting topic and I did even participate in it.
But its already racked up 70 flags and counting. Really? Is it THAT awesome of a thread??

So my questions are to the members. Do people just flag the thread just because the owner authored it?

Orrr...wait for it...is the owner repeatedly flagging his own thread?

Or please, tell me what Im missing here. Is it that awesome of a thread? Is it really worth boat loads of flags?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
great post S and F. only kidding,i dont get it reply to: Tucket

edit on 6-8-2014 by richoxon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

There's no reason to believe the owner of the site didn't pad the flag number of his post he wants on the front page.

The advertisement in the background links to that video as well.
edit on 6-8-2014 by lemmin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lemmin
good point, didnt even notice that

edit on 6-8-2014 by richoxon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Our great leader has posted and you dare question his flag count ???!!?!?!
Off with your head...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Its the herd mentality.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Its the herd mentality.

I agree.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Yeah..Im just waiting for the ominous knock on my door..

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiveForever8

Its the herd mentality.

I agree.

LOL

I assume that was a joke

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

LOL

I assume that was a joke

LOL

I also assume it was a joke.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Its not even close to being that awesome of a thread.
If someone else had posted it, maybe 1/4 of the flag count at best.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

WHY do you even care?! They are virtual flags, you can't do anything with them and nobody besides you will ever care you got a flag.

I personally wish ATS would do away with flags because it's clear many people like yourself care way too much about them. It's ridiculous.

I never look at flags. I look at content.

Also when SO makes a thread it tends to get a lot of flags.
Does it really matter? No!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

WHY do you even care?! They are virtual flags, you can't do anything with them and nobody besides you will ever care you got a flag.

I personally wish ATS would do away with flags because it's clear many people like yourself care way too much about them. It's ridiculous.

NO NO NO

The purpose of flags is not to reward, its to ensure important topics get onto the home page!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Of course it doesnt matter. But whats wrong with being curious? If youre here, then youve got time to kill. Ponder the possibilities. Or dont.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

NO NO NO

The purpose of flags is not to reward, its to ensure important topics get onto the home page!!!

Yes, but the stars are for reward. If you get enough of those, I heard you get a free personal pan pizza!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Are you being sarcastic? Or are you suggesting that a thread about mainstream media propaganda is 70+ flags important?
Sorry, I cant tell..

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

Are you being sarcastic? Or are you suggesting that a thread about mainstream media propaganda is 70+ flags important?
Sorry, I cant tell..

No I wasn't being sarcastic. I also wasn't suggesting that the thread you reference should be on the home page or even have 70+ flags! I was just pointing to the usefulness of the flag system - assuming the system isn't being abused!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

NO NO NO

Yes, but the stars are for reward. If you get enough of those, I heard you get a free personal pan pizza!

I'm saving for the ats T-Shirt

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

NO NO NO

I'm saving for the ats T-Shirt

I've got one.
There's a pic around somewhere but I have no idea how to access that part of my account. Tech dinosaur.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Perhaps it was all the 'lurking US propaganda agents' of ATS that gave those flags, obviously if there are apparently hordes of 'Russian propaganda agents' (never seen any here IMO), then stats would suggest there would be more 'US agents' doing their version of the same thing.

Sigh. The US engaged in MSM propaganda?!. The very suggestion. >Insert eye roll cringing irony emoticon<

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join