It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's military is falling apart — is Kim Jong Un's regime next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong forum, mods please move.

sometime in June, a North Korean pilot taxied his supersonic fighter to the runway for a routine training flight. The pilot, one of North Korea's military elite, powered up his engines and took off with a roar from Koksan Air Base. Moments later, his plane tumbled out of the sky.

Well well I believe this could be a real game changer. Seems like North Korea is using their military budget for nukes instead of replacing antiquated equipment and this could be their downfall.

One major problem: North Korean equipment is so old nobody makes spare parts anymore. For years the military has cannibalized some equipment in order to keep the rest running. The fact that three MiG-19s have crashed in the span of seven months is a strong indication that cannibalization is no longer working and entire types of equipment are overdue for a trip to the junk heap.

All we have to do is just wait ,their Air Force, Army and Navy is turning into junk.

One major problem: North Korean equipment is so old nobody makes spare parts anymore. For years the military has cannibalized some equipment in order to keep the rest running. The fact that three MiG-19s have crashed in the span of seven months is a strong indication that cannibalization is no longer working and entire types of equipment are overdue for a trip to the junk heap.

theweek.com...
edit on 6-8-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ya it will be interesting to see where there headed. I think Kim Jong Un will lose power soon, the people can't stay loyal for much longer. I am just worried that he will want to go out with a bang and make his mark on the world as he has been trying to do, I just hope by then they haven't mastered nuclear tech.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
Ya it will be interesting to see where there headed. I think Kim Jong Un will lose power soon, the people can't stay loyal for much longer. I am just worried that he will want to go out with a bang and make his mark on the world as he has been trying to do, I just hope by then they haven't mastered nuclear tech.

They have been recognized by the West already as being nuclear for some years now.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And he can barely feed his soldiers... what a joke...
Ooh that's right, he's gonna annihilate the US army

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Their military is a big joke for a long time..

They are not allowed to trade with the rest of the world.. but maybe after giving sanctions against Russia, Russia may deliver some military gear again & do some trade (if N-Korea got any cash/wealth that is...).
Doubt they can afford anything, hence even food for their people.

edit on 6-8-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin
Their military is a big joke for a long time..

They are not allowed to trade with the rest of the world.. but maybe after giving sanctions against Russia, Russia may deliver some military gear again & do some trade (if N-Korea got any cash/wealth that is...).
Doubt they can afford anything, hence even food for their people.

Russia needs it`s stuff for the Ukraine invasion.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Out of desperation a people will do anything - as they have nothing to lose.

My guess is that if worse-comes-to-Worse, North Korea will begin to invade South Korea and try to harvest their resources.

Most wars are started out of economic desperation, including World War One, World War Two, and I'm sure World War Three will start the same way.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I could be wrong but from what I understand, sure they have nuclear weapons and they have tested them but when I say mastered I mean capable of delivering it as I have heard they are not.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Russia has Loads of those old Mig 19's laying around i'm sure they would ship them over to L'il Kim for a price..Unfortunately Russia has no need for 50 million tons of rice and free L'il Kim Haircuts for life.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I could be wrong but from what I understand, sure they have nuclear weapons and they have tested them but when I say mastered I mean capable of delivering it as I have heard they are not.

They can reach their Asian neighbors.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: drneville
Did you ever see the contents of a North Korean MRE.....1 cracker,seaweed, grass clippings, a tablespoon of rice and some nice tree bark.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

According to MSM sure, but as far as I'm concerned, if you're capable of building a nuclear weapon you are capable of delivering it, one way or another. Besides, say 3 fell for every one success, what's it matter? NK would surely get nuked back anyways. What's a little more fallout?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

They can reach their Asian neighbors.

Maybe but good change it falls down on their own country when delevering with a plane or even a rocket.

Their best bet would using this tractor:

For me I don't believe they have nuclear weapons....
edit on 6-8-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I kinda thought the Chinese would have their backs on the spare parts end of it. Kind of odd they got tractors to pull their rocket launchers around with, but the people are starving.
edit on 6-8-2014 by korath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The biggest threat from North Korea is that they will march a significant percentage of their population southwards and start a major refugee crisis down here.

No one ever talks about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is what happens in a totalitarian country. Maintaining such a massive stockpile of arms that all require expensive technology is naturally going to deplete government funds. While countries like the US can easily maintain such a massive military because of our economic strength, these rouge communist states with countless sanctions and embargoes levied against them just can't support it, and end up imploding. North Korea on it's own, without Chinese support, would be an instant failure as a state. Outside support is the only thing keeping them afloat, and only barely as it is, I reckon.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The biggest threat from North Korea is that they will march a significant percentage of their population southwards and start a major refugee crisis down here.

No one ever talks about that.

We probably wouldn't know. The average American would mistake them for Oompa Loompa's.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I completely agree about their equipment. I think part of the problem might also stem from a lack of expertise. So a crash could be related to various factors. I concluded long ago that the main threat from North Korea is limited. If NK ever went to war with another nation, that nation is likely to be South Korea without a doubt. The strength of NK's military comes in the form of its infantry forces, although it has various other forces as well, but these are not a major threat. They will be at a disadvantage in the air and on the sea, and this means that a war playing out will likely go something like this:

North Korean infantry and armored divisions will pour over the South Korean border, and within a week they will have pushed a good ways into South Korea. But at this point they will really start having their logistical support severed by the superior air power of SK. The more they are trained to operate in a guerilla warfare fashion the better they will do when the massive army structure starts to break down, but I don't know how they are structured. But the point is that they cannot stand up to the technological edge of the South and their US allies. The South has a good military as well, and will fight hard.

China won't get involved with troops I do not believe, although they might attempt to negotiate a stop to the fighting once the North gets pushed back across the 38th parallel into their own country, because China does not want all those North Koreans being backed up to their borders, and then start entering China.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The biggest problem the west faces with North Korea is the sheer amount of bodies flying over the boarders utterly possessed to die for there supreme god lil Kim

Of course this happen before during the Korea war where we see North Korea lose 40% of its population as cannon fodder while China also sustained HUGE loses fighting the allies

It seems this time around it would be close to 90% of its population and would be almost unbearable to watch the huge losses on TV,

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wait a second , does this mean we are able to make all the parody movies we want about Kim Jong Un

North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie
www.bbc.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join