It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem lawmaker uses German Luftwaffe uniform to portray US Navy in campaign mailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Navy veterans are so important to her.

Democratic lawmaker Julia Brownley sent a political mailer to her constituents in late July featuring a woman wearing fake military attire and a German Luftwaffe insignia — apparently unaware that the costume was not an official uniform worn by U.S. personnel.

www.foxnews.com...

“This gaff is disrespectful to those who have worn the uniform of the United States,”

Brownley serves on the House Committee for Veteran Affairs and is ranking member on the House’s Subcommittee on Health, which oversees the VA. Her district includes Naval Base Ventura County, a large military installation near the southern California town of Oxnard that supports 19,000 naval personnel.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Literally.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ooops!

Seriously, though. It isn't like she did this intentionally.

This doesn't bother me as much as the $187k of our tax money that was spent on this useless mailing. What a waste.

edit on 2014/8/5 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Ooops!

Seriously, though. It isn't like she did this intentionally.

This doesn't bother me as much as the $187k of our tax money that was spent on this useless mailing. What a waste.

Intentional or not it calls into question her support of veterans. If she doesn't know what the uniform looks like.... Nothing like going that extra mile to make sure your public message is, you know, accurate and not insulting to those who served.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well..She definitely deserves the embarrassment. I suspect a campaign aide created the flyer and ignorantly used a stock photo off the net, but she should be reviewing her flyers and sure as crap should have recognized the error.

edit on 6-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well..She definitely deserves the embarrassment. I suspect a campaign aide created the flyer and ignorantly used a stock photo off the net, but she should be reviewing her flyers and sure as crap should have recognized the error.

Probably never read any history, there's so much of it world wide she freaked out and gave up!

top topics

join